Author Topic: CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black  (Read 1126 times)

Offline mrclose

It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday. Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

... and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-legal-analyst-areva-martin-accuses-david-webb-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online andy58-in-nh

In our comically dumb society, politically accredited victims (female, black, gay, etc.) are somehow permitted to have unquestioned accusation privileges, even when they are stupidly mistaken. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mr. Webb delivered an epic bitch slap to that CNN racebater.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

In our comically dumb society, politically accredited victims (female, black, gay, etc.) are somehow permitted to have unquestioned accusation privileges, even when they are stupidly mistaken.

But puff up your own kind and the nation swoons as if you've committed a mass murder.

What a silly, ridiculous society we've become.

Online andy58-in-nh

But puff up your own kind and the nation swoons as if you've committed a mass murder.

What a silly, ridiculous society we've become.

We started down that road the moment tribal loyalties became a means to power and a claim on the God-given rights of individual persons. Which is to say: we've regressed and lost our way as a nation founded on ideas, and independent of group identity.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

So she was getting Rat talking points in her stupid ear.

Offline goatprairie

"even when they are stupidly mistaken."

You mean even when they are stupid.....full stop.

Offline LMAO

She had a set narrative in her mind that she could not part with. Unfortunately for her, it didn’t go as planned
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kidd

BTW, David Webb is a great host.

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self