Author Topic: John Kasich Joins CNN as a Contributor  (Read 1153 times)

Online libertybele

John Kasich Joins CNN as a Contributor
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:30:46 pm »
Well, well, the Son of a Mailman RINO joins liberal CNN.  Anyone surprised??  Any bets as to how many times he will slam Trump and give his "what I would do" speech?

ohn Kasich has joined CNN as a contributor, the network told TheWrap on Tuesday. The former Republican Ohio governor has emerged as one of President Trump’s fiercest critics on cable news and is frequently speculated as a possible candidate for a long-shot challenge to the billionaire in 2020.

The move is a significant evolution for Kasich, who spent years as a stalwart in Republican politics both as a governor and congressman. From 2001 to 2007, he hosted his own show “Heartland” on Fox News.

Kasich was one of the last Republicans standing in a crowded field during the 2016 GOP primary. He hung in the race long enough to win his own state of Ohio, even though his real chances of taking the nomination from Trump had evaporated long before then.......

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-kasich-joins-cnn-contributor-143622174.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: John Kasich Joins CNN as a Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 05:35:18 pm »
Well, well, the Son of a Mailman RINO joins liberal CNN.  Anyone surprised??  Any bets as to how many times he will slam Trump and give his "what I would do" speech?

ohn Kasich has joined CNN as a contributor, the network told TheWrap on Tuesday. The former Republican Ohio governor has emerged as one of President Trump’s fiercest critics on cable news and is frequently speculated as a possible candidate for a long-shot challenge to the billionaire in 2020.

The move is a significant evolution for Kasich, who spent years as a stalwart in Republican politics both as a governor and congressman. From 2001 to 2007, he hosted his own show “Heartland” on Fox News.

Kasich was one of the last Republicans standing in a crowded field during the 2016 GOP primary. He hung in the race long enough to win his own state of Ohio, even though his real chances of taking the nomination from Trump had evaporated long before then.......

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-kasich-joins-cnn-contributor-143622174.html

Yeah, there were some who thought he was helping Trump by doing this, but I think it was just Kasich's massive, inflated ego.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 05:54:39 pm »
 :yawn2:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:15:35 am »
"John Kasich Joins CNN as a Contributor"

Well, he certainly made the appropriate choice, didn't he...?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 02:17:12 am »
"John Kasich Joins CNN as a Contributor"

Well, he certainly made the appropriate choice, didn't he...?
Who else would hire the guy?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:10:16 am »
Pucking Furfect.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:21:08 am »
Pucking Furfect.
@Smokin Joe

(Joe, you have a spelling problem with your comment.)  :nono:
In reading about this new job with CNN, Kasich, years ago, had his own program on Fox News.
"Kasich worked for Fox News, hosting 'Heartland with John Kasich' from 2001 to 2007."  I do not remember this but must have seen it.

Also in the last couple of days, it was announced he is now with a Hollywood Public Relations firm.  They will get him speaking engagements, etc., so he will not "fade away" after being governor of Ohio.

"Kasich served nine terms as a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Ohio's 12th congressional district from 1983 to 2001.[4] His tenure in the House included 18 years on the House Armed Services Committee and six years as chairman of the House Budget Committee. He was a key figure in the passage of both 1996 welfare reform legislation and the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 10:48:07 am »
@Smokin Joe

(Joe, you have a spelling problem with your comment.)  :nono:
In reading about this new job with CNN, Kasich, years ago, had his own program on Fox News.
"Kasich worked for Fox News, hosting 'Heartland with John Kasich' from 2001 to 2007."  I do not remember this but must have seen it.

Also in the last couple of days, it was announced he is now with a Hollywood Public Relations firm.  They will get him speaking engagements, etc., so he will not "fade away" after being governor of Ohio.

"Kasich served nine terms as a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Ohio's 12th congressional district from 1983 to 2001.[4] His tenure in the House included 18 years on the House Armed Services Committee and six years as chairman of the House Budget Committee. He was a key figure in the passage of both 1996 welfare reform legislation and the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.

Well, I guess the Balanced Budget Act  fell by the wayside.   Now we have a congress which spends money it doesn't have. *****rollingeyes*****

Mentioned this many times before, but I grew up with John -- we attended the same high school and Sunday School.  His political views are usually not in agreement with mine -- way too liberal in many areas -- but apart from politics, he's not a bad guy. 

And I remember "Heartland."   It was part of Fox's Saturday night lineup back in the day when Fox was a decent cable news/talk network. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 11:17:51 am »
Mentioned this many times before, but I grew up with John -- we attended the same high school and Sunday School.  His political views are usually not in agreement with mine -- way too liberal in many areas -- but apart from politics, he's not a bad guy. 
@Applewood

I didn't know you grew up with John, glad to know that.  Since you both went to Sunday School, likely you were/are a Baptist.  I grew up in a Baptist church, Wednesday night service, Sunday School and service on Sunday and service Sunday night.  Then, I became the church pianist when in high school and played the piano in all those services, plus, early on Sunday morning, the pastor picked me up at home and we went to Kilgore, Texas, where there was a radio station not far from us, and I played him on the radio and off the radio.  There was a small restaurant on the ground floor of that building, and after playing him on the radio, I went there to have breakfast, getting back to the studio in time to play him off the radio.

At that time, in our small area, I thought all churches had that many services.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 12:43:04 pm »
@Applewood

I didn't know you grew up with John, glad to know that.  Since you both went to Sunday School, likely you were/are a Baptist.  I grew up in a Baptist church, Wednesday night service, Sunday School and service on Sunday and service Sunday night.  Then, I became the church pianist when in high school and played the piano in all those services, plus, early on Sunday morning, the pastor picked me up at home and we went to Kilgore, Texas, where there was a radio station not far from us, and I played him on the radio and off the radio.  There was a small restaurant on the ground floor of that building, and after playing him on the radio, I went there to have breakfast, getting back to the studio in time to play him off the radio.

At that time, in our small area, I thought all churches had that many services.

Great story.  No, John and I were Catholic.  At the time, there were so many of us baby boomers, the church had to divide the religious classes.  Younger children attended Sunday School on Saturday.  High school kids went on Sunday.  But both classes were called Sunday School.  During the week, John attended a different public elementary school, but we both were in the same Sunday School classes.  Didn't see John during the week till we were in high school.

John had a nickname in Sunday School -- "Pope" -- because he could never just give a yes or no answer to a question.  If the Sunday School teacher asked him if stealing was a sin, John couldn't just say "yes."  He had to go into this long-winded explanation of why stealing was a sin, complete with citations to the Bible and such.  When John went into politics, I thought he had the perfect gift of hot air for it.  LOL

Haven't seen John in years except in the media.  Since his parents died, I guess he has no reason to come back to our small town.  He has a younger brother, but I don't think he lives here either.  Most people who leave this depressed town don't come back unless they have to. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 12:58:52 pm »
If anyone had any doubt that the mailman's son was a Progressive hack lib that no one likes look no further than this news. All this douche can muster is a gig on a low rated, openly Communist cable channel.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 01:01:58 pm »

Ah, Contributor.

A completely new role for Kasich.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 01:26:51 pm »
Good fit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!