Author Topic: Trump’s shutdown trap?  (Read 460 times)

rangerrebew

Trump’s shutdown trap?
« on: January 15, 2019, 02:31:51 pm »
January 15, 2019
Trump’s shutdown trap?
By Thomas Lifson

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy?  In only 5 more days of the already-“longest government shutdown in history” (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don’t believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off?  Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force, and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off --  as in no more job. It is all explained by Michael Roberts here (updated after the beginning of the partial shutdown):

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html#ixzz5cgdaRxQX

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Trump’s shutdown trap?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 03:05:14 pm »
Absolutely brilliant.  Go do it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Trump’s shutdown trap?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:22:15 am »
Now don't go getting all excited like that.

I'm an old man and you shouldn't go getting me up swinging upside down from the chandeliers.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com