Author Topic: Chick-fil-A store opens on Sunday so boy with special needs can fulfill his birthday wish  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chick-fil-A store opens on Sunday so boy with special needs can fulfill his birthday wish
Yahoo Lifestyle, Jan 14, 2019

A 14-year-old boy who has autism got to celebrate his birthday by fulfilling one of his wishes at an Alabama Chick-fil-A.

One store in Mobile, Ala., opened its doors on Sunday, when Chick-fil-A is typically closed, for Elijah Sprague so he could help run the drive-thru.

Walt Gilstrap, the manager of the restaurant and Elijah’s uncle, along with the owner, Mr. Glen, let Elijah run the drive-thru window where he passed out cookies to about 40 cars. The participants then went inside the Chick-fil-A to finish celebrating Elijah’s day with a festive cookie cake, Mobile, Ala., news station WKRG reported.

More:  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chick-fil-store-opens-sunday-special-needs-boy-can-fulfill-birthday-wish-213440793.html

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:39:55 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nice things still happen.   happy77

Offline LMAO

As a father of an autistic son, this story makes me smile
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

CFA is run by good people.  If I'm going to eat fast food and CFA is a choice, I will choose it every time.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

We don’t have a Chik-fill-A here in the north country. I went to one years ago in Fla. and it was alright. It was around that time the left engaged in that failed boycott.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline thackney

We don’t have a Chik-fill-A here in the north country. I went to one years ago in Fla. and it was alright. It was around that time the left engaged in that failed boycott.

They are in Southern Wisconsin.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
A happy story on a gloomy day
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
CFA is run by good people.  If I'm going to eat fast food and CFA is a choice, I will choose it every time.

That's how I feel.   Their chicken sandwich is (for fast food) as good as it gets. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

As a father of an autistic son, this story makes me smile

Ditto.  Every day is a miracle in my house.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-