Author Topic: Cruz: People outside DC are not concerned with Russia investigation  (Read 1593 times)

Offline libertybele

Most people realize by now that the Mueller investigation has been nothing more than a witch hunt and that there is no Russian collusion.  It's waste of taxpayers money and the story is growing old.  Now ... if there was an investigation into the person(s) who truly colluded with Russia; that would bring some excitement.  Everyone would love to see Hillary and cronies in orange jump suits.

Cruz: People outside DC are not concerned with Russia investigation

There is a broad disconnect between Washington and the rest of the country over interest in the Russia investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz said Sunday.
"There is an incredible divide between Washington and the rest of the country when it comes to Bob Mueller and the Russia investigation," Cruz said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "The mainstream media, Washington, is obsessed with it. And when you get outside the Beltway, I don't find anybody concerned with this at all."
Cruz said people he spoke with in Texas were concerned about economic issues and border security, not about the ongoing probes and allegations about Russian interference in the 2016 election. ..........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/ted-cruz-russia/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Cruz: People outside DC are not concerned with Russia investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 01:43:32 am »
There is a broad disconnect between Washington and the rest of the country...

A true Sherlockian moment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:48:32 am »
I am very concerned about this apparently rogue "investigation".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:40 am »
I am very concerned about this apparently rogue "investigation".
Me, too. It is an abuse of power, Mueller and Comey both known for dogged witch hunts. Especially in light of the mis/non-feasance investigating Hillary and the report on that, it's pretty obviously a Partisan act, and a smokescreen for the crimes committed by the previous administration.
The damage it will do to investigative agencies will make it even harder to gain traction for reopening investigations into Hillary, Uranium One, Benghazi, and the pay-for-play or outright sale of sensitive material for donations to the Clinton Foundation and exorbitant speaking fees which reek of money laundering.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 02:12:17 am »
People outside DC are not concerned with Russia investigation

I know a guy in DC who tweets about it every freakin day

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 02:25:40 am »
Yabbut, he's on the IN side of the Beltway.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 02:33:20 am »

If it bothers you..DON'T READ HIS INFORMATIVE, CORRECT, TWEETS.  See, how easy that is?  I love them! 

Great source of REAL NEWS AND FACTS...  Oh, I see the problem.    333cleo

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 02:51:30 am »
Oh, I see the problem.    333cleo

So do the rest of us whenever you post your propaganda BS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 03:57:34 am »
Me, too. It is an abuse of power, Mueller and Comey both known for dogged witch hunts. Especially in light of the mis/non-feasance investigating Hillary and the report on that, it's pretty obviously a Partisan act, and a smokescreen for the crimes committed by the previous administration.
The damage it will do to investigative agencies will make it even harder to gain traction for reopening investigations into Hillary, Uranium One, Benghazi, and the pay-for-play or outright sale of sensitive material for donations to the Clinton Foundation and exorbitant speaking fees which reek of money laundering.

Mueller is essentially investigating himself...he's helping to cover up what they should be investigating.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 04:00:50 am »
Stupid Bobby......the hero of the mentally defective.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 04:05:54 am »
Mueller is essentially investigating himself...he's helping to cover up what they should be investigating.
What better position to engage in covering up the numerous sins of the past administration than to subpoena the evidence and control what survives, what is redacted to uselessness, what gets 'lost'?
He's the worm in a very rotten apple.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 04:17:03 am »
What better position to engage in covering up the numerous sins of the past administration than to subpoena the evidence and control what survives, what is redacted to uselessness, what gets 'lost'?

Yes, indeed.  However, and I know, I've stated this several times, but it still troubles me that Trump himself appointed Rosenstein who in turn appointed Mueller. In appointing Rosenstein Trump handed the DEMS a gift.  WHY?? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 04:57:14 am »

Exactly.  In 8 years of Obamalala land, he almost destroyed this country
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 07:23:41 am »

If it bothers you..DON'T READ HIS INFORMATIVE, CORRECT, TWEETS. 

I have not read any informative or correct Trump tweets in the last 3 years.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:39 am »

................... :thumbsup:   Yes, we know how they think.

Sorry...

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 05:50:02 am »
    TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 07:10:08 am »
Only ones interested in the Russia Collusion Pipe Dream are the Hogs and the Media Slopping them.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »
I not only think he is right about this,but would go so far as to say no one in DC other than the professional criminal class we call "politicians" care about it,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 02:56:14 pm »
I not only think he is right about this,but would go so far as to say no one in DC other than the professional criminal class we call "politicians" care about it,either.

Professional criminal class is a good way to describe politicians. How do they get fabulously wealthy on 150K a year? Why do our "public servants" have better health care and retirement than we serfs who employ them?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59:34 pm »
Professional criminal class is a good way to describe politicians. How do they get fabulously wealthy on 150K a year? Why do our "public servants" have better health care and retirement than we serfs who employ them?

@austingirl

It just doesn't get any gooder than being able to retire with full pay and paid health care after serving only 2 years.

Do they even pay taxes on their retirement income?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:22 am »
This is so important, for people to know.
----------------------------------------------------
The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story

by Glenn Greenwald.   January 20 2019, 5:39 p.m.
The Intercept

BuzzFeed was once notorious for traffic-generating “listicles,” but has since become an impressive outlet for deep investigative journalism under editor-in-chief Ben Smith. That outlet was prominently in the news this week thanks to its “bombshell” story about President Trump and Michael Cohen: a story that, like so many others of its kind, blew up in its face, this time when the typically mute Robert Mueller’s office took the extremely rare step to label its key claims “inaccurate.”

But in homage to BuzzFeed’s past viral glory, following are the top ten worst media failures in two-plus-years of Trump/Russia reporting. They are listed in reverse order, as measured by the magnitude of the embarrassment, the hysteria they generated on social media and cable news, the level of journalistic recklessness that produced them, and the amount of damage and danger they caused. This list was extremely difficult to compile in part because news outlets (particularly CNN and MSNBC) often delete from the internet the video segments of their most embarrassing moments. Even more challenging was the fact that the number of worthy nominees is so large that highly meritorious entrees had to be excluded, but are acknowledged at the end with (dis)honorable mention status.

<@LegalAmerican, please remember to excerpt articles.>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:45:22 am by Mod2 »