Author Topic: Romney calls on Steve King to resign after comments on white supremacy  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Romney calls on Steve King to resign after comments on white supremacy
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 03:39:42 pm »
   Before this Romney/Senate $hit show is over you Trumpers are gonna wish that Trump had endorsed this guy, instead.

Give it a rest @corbe
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 03:41:42 pm »
   Yes Mam
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 03:44:07 pm »
Go fondle your Gillette razor Pajama Boy.

Brush your teeth @Amb. Frank Cannon.  Your breath smells like vomit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 03:44:45 pm »
One does not have to totally endorse King's comments to defend his right to make them. 

They were not that bad at all, just a guy wondering about the language and things that have become artificially unacceptable.

According to King's explanation, which makes far more sense than the spin given his comments initially, he's completely innocent of anything remotely controversial.

The GOP leadership again covers itself with disrepute. What a bunch of poltroons.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 03:46:56 pm »
Brush your teeth @Amb. Frank Cannon.  Your breath smells like vomit.

Wow. Nice one Carrot Top. That's gonna leave a mark.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 03:47:08 pm »
Not endorsing King's comments (I've yet to hear them in context) but who the hell does this clown Mitt think he is?

I like to see if what was said is true. Now it is mostly true that white people built Western Civilization, which
IMHO is the superior civilization. And if we expand white people to Caucasian then, except for the Chinese, are responsible for all the great civilizations of the ancient world. The only possible exception would be the civ that developed in Ethiopia which borrowed heavily from the Egyptians. FYI when I say the ancient world I
mean ancient as in late stone age/early bronze age.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 03:48:52 pm »
I like to see if what was said is true. Now it is mostly true that white people built Western Civilization, which
IMHO is the superior civilization. And if we expand white people to Caucasian then, except for the Chinese, are responsible for all the great civilizations of the ancient world. The only possible exception would be the civ that developed in Ethiopia which borrowed heavily from the Egyptians. FYI when I say the ancient world I
mean ancient as in late stone age/early bronze age.

His explanation: "In a 56 minute interview, we discussed the changing use of language in political discourse. We discussed the worn out label “racist” and my observation that other slanderous labels have been increasingly assigned to Conservatives by the Left, who injected into our current political dialog such terms as Nazi, Fascist, “ White Nationalist, White Supremacist,— Western Civilization, how did THAT language become offensive? Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”…just to watch Western Civilization become a derogatory term in political discourse today. Clearly, I was only referencing Western Civilization classes. No one ever sat in a class listening to the merits of white nationalism and white supremacy.

When I used the word “THAT” it was in reference ONLY to Western Civilization and NOT to any previously stated evil ideology ALL of which I have denounced.

My record as a vocal advocate for Western Civilization is nearly as full as my record in defense of Freedom of Speech."

Offline jpsb

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »
I have no problem defending Western Civilization (WC). If you don't like WC you don't like indoor plumbing
and who doesn't like indoor plumbing? You also don't (really) like women and who doesn't like women? Well
most women that is.