Author Topic: Romney calls on Steve King to resign after comments on white supremacy  (Read 2342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney calls on Steve King to resign after comments on white supremacy
By Alexander Bolton - 01/14/19 06:36 PM EST

Newly-elected Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday called for conservative Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) to resign from the House because of his remarks questioning whether white supremacy is "offensive."

“I think he ought to step aside and I think Congress ought to make it very clear he has no place there,” Romney told CNN’s Manu Raju on Monday.

A spokeswoman for Romney confirmed the statement.

Romney is the latest high-profile Republican voice to condemn King’s comments made in an interview with The New York Times in which he said, “white nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

“Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and civilization?” he said.

King later issued a statement saying that while he is a “nationalist” who supports “western civilization’s values” and he does not endorse “white nationalism and white supremacy.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/425308-romney-calls-on-steve-king-to-resign-after-white-supremacist-comment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: Romney calls on Steve King to resign after comments on white supremacy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 12:21:44 am »
Mitt needs a Harry Reid 'workout' session.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 12:22:16 am »
Not endorsing King's comments (I've yet to hear them in context) but who the hell does this clown Mitt think he is?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 12:35:06 am »
Well, in just a few short months, I've gone from really liking the guy, to having some doubts about him, and now I'm just really starting to dislike him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:41 am »
Frank Cannon is calling for Mitt Romney to resign because he is an effing jerk off.

Can someone tell me what business some Junior Senator from an unrelated loser state has telling a House member what to do?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:39:45 am »
We can't say the "word" here.  But, "word" you Mcmittens.  You piece of shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:42:13 am »
Frank Cannon is calling for Mitt Romney to resign because he is an effing jerk off.

Can someone tell me what business some Junior Senator from an unrelated loser state has telling a House member what to do?

That's what I was trying to figure out and McConnell is calling for punishment as well.  I seriously did a google search to make sure that I wasn't mistaken and checked to see if he was in the Senate.

WTH??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 12:52:27 am »
That's what I was trying to figure out and McConnell is calling for punishment as well.  I seriously did a google search to make sure that I wasn't mistaken and checked to see if he was in the Senate.

WTH??

Even with this nonsense over his head, King won this district by 4 points. His constituents don't have a problem with this. Some carpetbagging professional loser like Mitt has no business in this at all.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 12:56:53 am »
Not endorsing King's comments (I've yet to hear them in context) but who the hell does this clown Mitt think he is?

King didn't say shit to deserve this shitstorm. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:42 am »
Look at the creatures on our side of the aisle.  If I were the President I'd keep the government shut down and turn off the phone.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 01:02:59 am »
Look at the creatures on our side of the aisle.  If I were the President I'd keep the government shut down and turn off the phone.

Indeed ... "The number you have reached is not in service"!   :patriot:

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 01:12:56 am »
On Monday Rep. Steve King released a statement. The accusations by the media were outrageous and simply incorrect.

Here is Rep. Steve King’s statement.

One of my quotes in a New York Times story has been completely mischaracterized. Here’s the context I believe accurately reflects my statement.

In a 56 minute interview, we discussed the changing use of language in political discourse. We discussed the worn out label “racist” and my observation that other slanderous labels have been increasingly assigned to Conservatives by the Left, who injected into our current political dialog such terms as Nazi, Fascist, “ White Nationalist, White Supremacist,— Western Civilization, how did THAT language become offensive? Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”…just to watch Western Civilization become a derogatory term in political discourse today. Clearly, I was only referencing Western Civilization classes. No one ever sat in a class listening to the merits of white nationalism and white supremacy.

When I used the word “THAT” it was in reference ONLY to Western Civilization and NOT to any previously stated evil ideology ALL of which I have denounced.

My record as a vocal advocate for Western Civilization is nearly as full as my record in defense of Freedom of Speech.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/rep-steve-king-releases-statement-debunks-new-york-times-report-and-outrageous-accusations-of-racism/

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 01:15:54 am »
The Jr. Senator from Utah, Mittens McFlake, needs to be ignored.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 01:27:56 am »
   Before this Romney/Senate $hit show is over you Trumpers are gonna wish that Trump had endorsed this guy, instead.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 01:29:00 am »
The Jr. Senator from Utah, Mittens McFlake, needs to be ignored.

He's shaping up to be the GOP's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 01:39:45 am »
   Before this Romney/Senate $hit show is over you Trumpers are gonna wish that Trump had endorsed this guy, instead.

Give it a damn rest before we start demanding proof of cognition for you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 07:40:05 am »
That actually makes sense.
It does, and the new McCain can't jump on the democrat bandwagon fast enough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 07:52:42 am »
It looks like corn hitler is still popular here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:56:34 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 03:27:35 pm »

You've posted some really stupid ones, but that one is massively stupid, @Once-Ler.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 03:30:03 pm »

More clicks & grunts.

Yawn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:11 pm »
Mitt needs a Harry Reid 'workout' session.

Amen.  Mitt has made a fool of himself already and been heavily criticized for it.  One would think he would have learned something.

Too bad he didn't have a courage to speak up against Obama.  But, in the end, we were probably better off without Romney taking us further down the Republican light mode.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 03:36:50 pm »

One does not have to totally endorse King's comments to defend his right to make them. 

They were not that bad at all, just a guy wondering about the language and things that have become artificially unacceptable.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 03:38:44 pm »

Go fondle your Gillette razor Pajama Boy.