Author Topic: The 10 Most Conservative States in America  (Read 814 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
The 10 Most Conservative States in America
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:36 pm »
Nick Johnson
YouTube
January 14, 2019

"To determine the most conservative states in the United States, we looked at voting patterns and conservative policy decisions that have taken place over the last 20 years.

These are the states that supported Donald Trump the most in the last presidential election, and where liberals and democrats are least represented."

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M708_F5LIsE

10. West Virginia
9. Arkansas
8. Utah
7. Idaho
6. Louisiana
5. Oklahoma
4. North Dakota
3. Mississippi
2. Alabama
1. Wyoming

I don't think this is a pro-conservative video.

Offline corbe

Re: The 10 Most Conservative States in America
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:58:30 pm »
   Sen. Cruz's win by 1.7% in Texas proves what many Briefers have been telling me all along, which I didn't believe, THEN, Texas has lost our Ruby Red color and indeed are shading more purple.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:08:09 pm »
Pretty much adds up with me. All these states have very low govt' involvement in peoples lives. From reading all the regulatin' going on in TX, that place is an election or two away from becoming California.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »
These are the states that supported Donald Trump the most in the last presidential election

Meh. A poor bellwether... Tump is not Conservative.

And the Western states largely don't count, because by the time their primaries came around, there wasn't any choice left.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:42 pm »
Not for long.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:39 am »
I would have ranked them Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming for 1, 2, and 3.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:14:56 am »
Meh. A poor bellwether... Tump is not Conservative.

And the Western states largely don't count, because by the time their primaries came around, there wasn't any choice left.
Primary? WHat primary? I waited for years to finally have a GOP candidate I felt I could vote FOR, and the ND GOP didn't have a fricking presidential primary. 9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 12:35:06 am »
Primary? WHat primary? I waited for years to finally have a GOP candidate I felt I could vote FOR, and the ND GOP didn't have a fricking presidential primary. 9999hair out0000

Ain't much better over here... My vote has never counted for a row of pins. By the time they get to Montana the die is already cast.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 01:23:03 am »
Ain't much better over here... My vote has never counted for a row of pins. By the time they get to Montana the die is already cast.  :shrug:
At least you got to vote. I really felt ripped off because it was the first time in ages there was someone I didn't just regard as the least evil.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 01:28:20 am »
At least you got to vote. I really felt ripped off because it was the first time in ages there was someone I didn't just regard as the least evil.

Yeah, me too... but it didn't matter once it got here anyway, because Cruz was done, and I went 3rd party.

Not that much different, other than getting the privilege of standing around for an hour and the cost of gas to and from. I might as well have stayed home.