Author Topic: The Unprincipled Principles of Never Trumpers (Greenfield)  (Read 378 times)

Offline corbe

The Unprincipled Principles of Never Trumpers (Greenfield)
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:40:01 pm »
The Unprincipled Principles of Never Trumpers

What character do these characters have?

January 14, 2019

Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical Left and Islamic terrorism.

The Weekly Standard was once dubbed, the “neo-conservative bible”. If it was ever the bible of neo-conservatives, it’s now the Koran of the anti-war radical left.  Its new incarnation The Bulwark, is  a project of Defending Democracy Together which is funded by Pierre Omidyar, the French-Iranian Silicon Valley billionaire behind The Intercept, and also providing funding to The Nation and Mother Jones.

It’s hard to imagine two sets of worldviews further apart than those which once separated the two movements. The ability of the godfather of the anti-war left to essentially take over a faction that stood for everything he opposed has much to say about the state of conservatism and the principles debate.

President Trump agilely co-opted the popular part of Republican national defense politics, defeating enemies and killing terrorists, supporting Israel and opposing Iran, while discarding the unpopular parts, nation-building and democracy promotion. Some Republican opponents of Trump made it very clear that they valued the unpopular parts more than the popular ones, and may have even viewed the popular parts as a way to sneak in the unpopular parts through the policy back door.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/272483/unprincipled-principles-never-trumpers-daniel-greenfield
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The Unprincipled Principles of Never Trumpers (Greenfield)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »
You are a character!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:15:16 pm »
All these arguments have been made by all of us here who are supporters of Trump.

Reciting the litany again in attempts crack through the impenetrable hate gripping the NeverTrumpers is pointless and a waste of time.

I suspect @corbe knows this.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:16:08 pm »
   A Briefer politely and respectfully asked me why I wasn't more balanced in my Thread Postings (in a PM).  In spite of wanting to say 'this ain't Fox News, post whatever you want (within reason)'. I was hoping this Thread would shine me in a better light, proving once again that I can, at times, be somewhat Compassionate.

I read the Article twice in order to try and understand this and Greenfield is usually a Writer that I get, still lost as to what he was trying to say.  I posted it in the hope that a few Briefers may find it interesting.  I'm not trying to start a NT/AT war, though I do find them the height of Entertainment on Monday Nights!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:18:15 pm »
And, Greenfield writes so well, he could be writing about veterinary practices and it would be worth reading.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 11:29:52 pm »
The Weekly Standard was once dubbed, the “neo-conservative bible”. If it was ever the bible of neo-conservatives, it’s now the Koran of the anti-war radical left.  Its new incarnation The Bulwark
OK, time out.

First off, the Standard is dead.

Second of all, where, anywhere, does Greenfield prove any ties to this Bulwark site to anyone at the Standard? In fact, his own writing shows the site has more ties to left-wing rags than any neocons.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024