Author Topic: Rush: This Shutdown Is a Great Opportunity  (Read 559 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: This Shutdown Is a Great Opportunity
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:49:38 pm »

This Shutdown Is a Great Opportunity

Jan 14, 2019

RUSH: Now, this government shutdown. You know what? This such a great opportunity. The media’s now doing tug at your heartstring stories about the hardships being experienced by people because of the government shutdown. I’ll tell you, this is a great teachable moment. We’ve always believed in smaller government, reducing the size of government.

Listening to the complaints — I saw something on CNN just before the program started. And it was about I think farmers or people that work in agriculture somewhere who may not be able to go on without government subsidies. My initial quote, why are they getting government subsidies in the first place? I don’t get any government subsidies. How many of you get a government subsidy to keep doing what you do? Unless you work for Elon Musk, unless you work for stupid solar or wind, what kind of subsidy do you get to survive every day?

All these people on the government dole one way or another are now starting to complain and whine and moan about it? I don’t expect it to happen, but it’s an excellent opportunity for people to find out just how corrupt this government is in terms of how it’s buying and leveraging support.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/01/14/this-shutdown-is-a-great-opportunity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Rush: This Shutdown Is a Great Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:52:02 pm »
And a great chance to find out who is lobbying whom... 'Cause that support didn't just spring for m the goodness of Congress' hearts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: This Shutdown Is a Great Opportunity
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 07:59:43 pm »
My initial quote, why are they getting government subsidies in the first place?

Because this government keeps giving them out... Republicans, Democrats, and Nationalist Populists. It doesn't matter. They found they can buy support through subsidies. It has become the norm to the point there is no free market any more.

I don’t get any government subsidies. How many of you get a government subsidy to keep doing what you do?

I would bet every single person, including Rush, gets subsidies indirectly. The government subsidizes everything from electricity production to most food production. Unless you are completely self sufficient (as in grow your own food, off the grid, etc), you are in this cycle and probably don't even realize it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:00:39 pm by ABX »