Author Topic: Apocalypse Ruth... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 221 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Apocalypse Ruth... Kurt Schlichter
« on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »
Apocalypse Ruth
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 12:01 AM

There are some opponents worthy of grudging respect. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a terrible legal thinker, a leftist with no real respect for liberty and a confessed critic of the Constitution over its limitations upon the government’s ability to impose her fans’ pinko vision of soft, huggy tyranny upon Normal Americans. But I respect her as an opponent – to do otherwise would be to lie to ourselves that our opponents are hopeless and helpless. She’s a tough old bird, surviving cancer and other perils and yet she always comes back to torment us with her appalling jurisprudence. You gotta give her props for never quitting. She’s the Energizer Liberal Jurist.

So, when I discuss the 85-year old’s likely imminent departure from the Supreme Court seat where she has frustrated those of us who dig freedom for so long, I am not hoping for her to lose her latest fight. Liberals will lie and say I am, that conservatives in general are hoping for her demise, but they lie about everything so why not this too? Most conservatives yearn for her to retire, but also wish her a return to good health. I do. I don’t think she’s a bad person deserving of a horrible fate because we disagree. Far be it for me to gainsay Justice Scalia, who liked her. I think she’s misguided, not evil. But also I think we all need to think about the coming fight when she leaves the Court, because that brawl is coming regardless.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/01/14/apocalypse-ruth-n2538971
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Apocalypse Ruth... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 06:30:31 pm »
I disagree with Kurt on this one:  I have zero respect for a SCOTUS Justice who breaks her oath to faithfully execute the US Constitution, but instead substitutes International law.  No grudging respect at all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:33:11 pm »
Weekend at Bernie’s Ruth’s. The saga continues.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 07:04:08 pm »
I have no respect for her, as an opponent or any other way. Aside from a higher profile she's no different than any other liberal cliche. If she did retire, I'd be the first to wish her the best of health. But I want her gone, and if there's only one way for that to happen let's hope it's sooner rather than later.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA