Author Topic: Senate Dems set to take aim at new Trump attorney general pick  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Dems set to take aim at new Trump attorney general pick
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:20:15 pm »
Senate Dems set to take aim at new Trump attorney general pick
By Jordain Carney - 01/14/19 06:00 AM EST

The fate of special counsel Robert Mueller's probe is looming large over a high-stakes hearing for President Trump's attorney general nominee.

William Barr will be in the hot seat this week when he faces the Senate Judiciary Committee for a two-day grilling that is expected to focus on the fate of Mueller’s investigation into the 2016 election and potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Democrats were already anxious over Barr because of an unsolicited memo he drafted criticizing Mueller’s investigation. But those concerns have ballooned amid reports that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller and has overseen the investigation, will be leaving the Justice Department.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat and a member of the committee, predicted that the special counsel investigation will be “front and center” at the hearing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/425004-senate-dems-set-to-take-aim-at-new-trump-attorney-general-pick
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Senate Dems set to take aim at new Trump attorney general pick
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »
I don't like him either.  He's best pals with Robert Mueller, and will probably recuse himself like Sessions did, the instant his hand is off the Bible after he's sworn in.

Trump should have withdrawn the nomination immediately when the Mueller ties came to light.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 05:27:31 pm »
I don't like him either.  He's best pals with Robert Mueller, and will probably recuse himself like Sessions did, the instant his hand is off the Bible after he's sworn in.

Trump should have withdrawn the nomination immediately when the Mueller ties came to light.

Maybe the Rats will do it for him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 05:38:25 pm »
Maybe the Rats will do it for him.

Yep.  One less bell to answer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:17:00 pm »

??? According to the article he has been critical of the Mueller investigation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:23:38 am »
??? According to the article he has been critical of the Mueller investigation.

They're best buds, so I'm sure he's capable of being critical of his pal.  I have a $100 bill here that says he'll recuse the Mueller investigation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: