Poll

How long will Mick Mulvaney be Trump's CoS?

This doesn't change a thing
2 (16.7%)
Who? (apathy option)
2 (16.7%)
6 Months Top
7 (58.3%)
Till the Election/2020
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: January 17, 2019, 01:58:40 am

Author Topic: Trump lashed out at Mick Mulvaney over shutdown negotiations: 'You just f--ked it all up'  (Read 1706 times)

Offline corbe

Trump lashed out at Mick Mulvaney over shutdown negotiations: 'You just f--ked it all up'

by Naomi Lim

January 13, 2019 08:03 PM

President Trump angrily swore at acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney in front of congressional leaders while he was trying to negotiate the reopening of a large swath of the federal government, according to a report.

Trump's outburst came during a White House Situation Room meeting this month in which the president reiterated his demand for roughly $5.6 billion for his proposed southern border wall, a figure well over the original $1.3 billion offered by Democrats on Capitol Hill.

When Mulvaney attempted to "find a middle ground," he was quickly rebuked by Trump, a source told Axios in an article published on Sunday.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-lashed-out-at-mick-mulvaney-over-shutdown-negotiations-you-just-f-ked-it-all-up
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Had to wait till someone other than The Hill published it, didn't want to upset a small segment of Briefers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

They will still call it fake news.

Offline corbe

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:37:07 am by corbe »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And That's the way IT IS!

Commie bastard that he was he should have signed off 5 years before. The Man started See BS
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Had to wait till someone other than The Hill published it, didn't want to upset a small segment of Briefers.

lmao.....they don't like the WE now either....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Good cop, bad cop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Fake news.

Q hasn't said anything about this and Alex Jones isn't reporting it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yawn, Unamed Sources again, the busiest guy in DC.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Eggsactly!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Fake news.

Q hasn't said anything about this and Alex Jones isn't reporting it.

This is not fake news.  I told everyone about this over a week ago.  Mulvaney is on video saying he was negotiating between the 1.6 and the 5.6.  I will have to find the video later.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
lmao.....they don't like the WE now either....

Who is 'they'?  Am I 'they'?  Just wondering.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

There is no middle ground and Mulvaney should know that by now.

Offline corbe

Who is 'they'?  Am I 'they'?  Just wondering.

"WE" means Washington Examiner I think, @Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
"WE" means Washington Examiner I think, @Emjay

I know who WE is @corbe   I'm trying to figure out who 'they' is, as in 'they' don't like WE.

Offline corbe

There's been rumblings from a few Briefers (all Trumpers) about the integrity of The Hill and posting it's content here. 
   I post quite a bit from there and know it leans left but NOT ALL, baby with the bath water thing.
   We're all Adults here.

Online libertybele

He's related to "according to a source reporting".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's so hard to know what to believe.  There is so much fake reporting, I pretty much mistrust everything.

In this case, Trump and Mulvaney might have been playing good cop/bad cop.  Seems like Mulvaney wouldn't go into that kind of meeting without being very clear what the goal was.  Why would he go rogue in the middle of it?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well this was I believe back in December.  But he was definitely negotiating down.  Not just him but Vice President Pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rkrZfgNws

Is this a case of the hand doesn't know what the foot is doing?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

FTA...
Trump cut him off ... 'You just bleep it all up, Mick,'" the source said, paraphrasing the president's reaction. "It was kind of weird."

Who the hell is this moron?  Cripes the jackass in this story is the one finding this "weird". 

"This is an exaggerated account of the exchange that doesn't reflect the good relationship Mulvaney has built over the last two years with the president," the aide told the outlet. "The president and Mulvaney joked about it afterwards."

Colleagues get over all kinds of shit and move on.  Delicate snowflakes really shouldn't be anywhere near the Trump White House.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is no middle ground and Mulvaney should know that by now.
You blink, you lose. Negotiations 101.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well this was I believe back in December.  But he was definitely negotiating down.  Not just him but Vice President Pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rkrZfgNws

Is this a case of the hand doesn't know what the foot is doing?

With Deep Fakes, nothing can be trusted any more. Unless it is reported by Alex Jones, Q, or Fox and Friends, it shouldn't be trusted.

Online libertybele

Quite frankly, behind closed doors, during negotiations, I really don't care. I am 100% certain that others presidents and politicians have had colorful words; only because its Trump that its reported and an issue.

I want results and to know what the bottom line is.  I want this President to keep his promises and if he needs to get members of his party and cabinet in line, so be it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.