Author Topic: One person dead, 12 more hospitalized after suspected Fentanyl leads to 'mass overdose,' police say  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

One person dead, 12 more hospitalized after suspected Fentanyl leads to 'mass overdose,' police say
Fox News, Jan 12, 2019

A “mass overdose” in a California home Saturday morning left one person dead and another 12 hospitalized after police say the victims may have ingested fentanyl, a powerful opioid.

Chico Police Chief Michael O’Brien said at a press conference that police received a 911 call from someone inside the residence of a home in the 1100 block of Santana Court about 9 a.m.

“Upon arrival, Chico police officers found multiple individuals in what appeared to be life-threatening overdose conditions.”

O’Brien said that officers performed CPR and administered six doses of naloxone, which can reverse the effects of an overdose and comes in half-doses. Chico police have been equipped with naloxone since 2018.

One male adult died, and 12 other people were taken to an area hospital for treatment. O’ Brien said the ages of the victims range from 19 to at least 30.

[...]

“Every indication is that this mass overdose incident was caused from the ingestion of some form of fentanyl in combination with another substance, although that is yet to be confirmed.”

The home is currently being treated as a “hazmat site,” but O’Brien said it is “not a danger to the public.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/one-person-dead-12-more-hospitalized-after-suspected-fentanyl-leads-to-mass-overdose-police-say

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
First thought when I read the headline:
"Natural selection at work..."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is a damn nat'l security issue. One jihadi nut and a whole lot of people could be taken down.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

officers performed CPR and administered six doses of naloxone
Messed up these peoples' attempted suicides.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Messed up these peoples' attempted suicides.
Who knows maybe they were all on their way to the mother ship and one damn malcontent screwed the ride.

Offline dfwgator

"Mass overdose" or "Mass Poisoning"?

Offline Frank Cannon

ingestion of some form of fentanyl in combination with another substance

Raw cookie dough. I read that it is bad for you but I had no idea how bad.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a shame.  Only 12?   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.