Author Topic: California’s Gavin Newsom Proposes Tax on Drinking Water in First Budget  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
13 Jan 2019

California Governor Gavin Newsom proposed his first budget for the state on Friday, and it includes a tax on drinking water.

The budget, titled “California for All,” declares drinking water a “fundamental right,” and adds: “The Budget includes short-term measures to bring immediate relief to communities without safe drinking water and also proposes an ongoing sustainable funding source to address this problem into the future.”

That source is a new fund, the “Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund”:

Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund—Establish a new special fund, with a dedicated funding source from new water, fertilizer, and dairy fees, to enable the State Water Resources Control Board to assist communities, particularly disadvantaged communities, in paying for the short-term and long-term costs of obtaining access to safe and affordable drinking water. This proposal is consistent with the policy framework of SB 623, introduced in the 2017-18 legislative session. The Budget also includes $4.9 million General Fund on a one-time basis for the State Water Resources Control Board and the Department of Food and Agriculture to take initial steps toward implementation of this new Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Program, including (1) implementation of fee collection systems, (2) adoption of an annual implementation plan, and (3) development of a map of high-risk aquifers used as drinking water sources.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/13/californias-gavin-newsom-proposes-tax-on-drinking-water-in-first-budget/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comin' up next:
Tax on breathing.
(after all, don't you exhale..... carbon dioxide...?)

Offline libertybele

Comin' up next:
Tax on breathing.

Tax on drinking water?  What a joke.  We pay roughly $90.00/mo for water that's potable...it's drinkable, but it smells and tastes like sewer. I don't drink it and buy bottled water instead. They' be hard pressed to tax us on top of that!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

Tax on drinking water?  What a joke.  We pay roughly $90.00/mo for water that's potable...it's drinkable, but it smells and tastes like sewer. I don't drink it and buy bottled water instead. They' be hard pressed to tax us on top of that!

Ours smells like chlorine. We got a Berky 15 years ago and love it! Much cheaper than bottled.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all

Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, cold, I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gavin Newsom.  He makes Gov Moonbean looks so good
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car, car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, cold, I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OgkjcW0g4
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Comin' up next:
Tax on breathing.

Beat me to it. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mountaineer

Comin' up next:
Tax on breathing.
I honestly thought they already taxed it. If not, how on earth did it escape?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Sure: they'll tax your water, but they refuse to allow the construction of any new dams or reservoirs.  22222frying pan
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline The_Reader_David

Really, let's encourage the Calexit movement.  Either amicable secession with a free trade deal and us keeping military bases and any border counties that vote to join a neighboring state, or a hostile one, followed by (heh, heh) radical Reconstruction of seceded territories once we reconquer the state is fine with me.  Either way the baleful cultural influence will be diminished or gone, the 54 'Rat electoral votes will be gone along with 2 of their Senators and an almost all 'Rat congressional delegation (for a while at least) .
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

Gavin Newsom.  He makes Gov Moonbean looks so good

It takes a real intellect to declare something a fundamental right and propose a tax on it in the same breath.

Online andy58-in-nh

It takes a real intellect to declare something a fundamental right and propose a tax on it in the same breath.
Behold the liberal mind.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn