Author Topic: Fentanyl ingredients for Mexican traffickers run through Arizona  (Read 676 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fentanyl ingredients for Mexican traffickers run through Arizona

By Tirion Morris For the Arizona Daily Star May 13, 2018

Ingredients to make 30 million deadly doses of fentanyl were seized in Southern Arizona after being mailed from China, two federal investigations show.
Fentanyl entering the United States from Mexico is a known problem, but investigators working in Tucson and Nogales seized on its way to Mexico enough ingredients to make more than $600 million worth of the deadly opioid.

Drug traffickers often mail ingredients for fentanyl to the United States, an they are then taken across the border to be turned into fentanyl, authorities said. The nearly 130 pounds of 4-ANPP, which is a controlled substance that is synthesized through a chemical reaction to make fentanyl, were mailed from China, the largest supplier of fentanyl and its ingredients to the United States.

“The Mexican cartels have started to use that tactic to really just add one more layer to protect them from law enforcement,” said Erica Curry, spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Phoenix. “If it’s going to a re-mailer, we will never find out who it is going to in Mexico.”

snipxico"s

I heard a senario, whereby legalizing weed in the US cut off Mexico business, so they turned to heroin, but Mexico heroin is not good, until fentanyl  is added.

The US demand for heroin and opioids is thepofitble attraction.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Fentanyl ingredients for Mexican traffickers run through Arizona
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 02:59:06 am »
https://tucson.com/news/local/fentanyl-ingredients-for-mexican-traffickers-run-through-arizona/article_c3e5f10a-7a8a-5400-9ba3-9d3881515cae.html

Above is likely link to the story.

----

To the story which is helpful, that's curious, they get it from China to mail ingredients to the states and then, take it to Mexico.  I certainly did not know that.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:01:32 am »
Every thing we do in the US makes the criminals in Mexico, some of the biggest thugs on the planet happy, some of the most evil people on the planet as well.

Half-ass immigration laws, enforcement, drug interdiction too, though, I don't want to be to critical of the governmental agencies themselves. I'm sure, many of their workers do their best.

It's a big racket, immigration and contraband across the border.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:14:45 am »
@truth_seeker

My husband had ankelosing spondilitis (sp), bone disease, had two artificial hip bones as his hip bones had died. He had two spinal surgeries as those bones died.  His pain doctor had him on Fentanyl patches.  Started him off on the least possible amount to see how the pain would respond to that one, then moved up to the next level as the last one began to not work.  Doc told me never to touch one as the med would go through my skin quickly.  One time when doc moved him to a stronger patch, he said he and I would be knocked out fast if it was on us, but Bill's body was used to the slightly lower amount and would be okay on this stronger one. 

I never touched the patches, only Bill handled them.  They were put on a certain spot on his chest as the doc told him exactly where to put them.

The pain doc was so specific about these patches that I can imagine someone taking that med by mouth would likely die.

Bill's only rule for the pain doc was, "Do not mess up my brain; I have to function to do my job."  His job was Republican Chairman of our county.