Author Topic: Trump concealed details of meetings with Putin from senior officials: report  (Read 1792 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump concealed details of meetings with Putin from senior officials: report
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 01/12/19 06:35 PM EST

President Trump concealed details about encounters with Russian President Vladimir Putin from officials in his administration on multiple occasions, current and former U.S. officials told the The Washington Post in a report published on Saturday.

The Post reported that there is reportedly a lack of detailed records on five of Trump’s face-to-face meetings with Putin.

On one occasion, Trump reportedly took notes on an encounter from his own interpreter and directed a linguist not to discuss the meeting with other officials in his administration.

The White House did not immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment on the new report.

The Post highlighted a 2017 meeting in Hamburg between the two presidents where a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought for information beyond a prepared readout.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/425067-trump-concealed-details-of-meeting-with-putin-from-senior-officials
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So what? Two leaders speaking privately, we just know no other president in history has ever done that, certainly not bathhouse barry...............right? And I am sure everything was recorded between hillary, wee willie and the arafats.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"Concealed" or just didn't make a full record?  Petty, petty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Concealed" or just didn't make a full record?  Petty, petty.

They got him now. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kevindavis007

So what? Two leaders speaking privately, we just know no other president in history has ever done that, certainly not bathhouse barry...............right? And I am sure everything was recorded between hillary, wee willie and the arafats.

So it is ok that our guy conceals private conversation with THE ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY??  Yes Putin is a bad guy and Russia is a S**t country. In fact when Russia no longer exsists I'll be very happy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump Says He's Not Hiding Putin Face-to-Face Chat Details
Bloomberg, Jan 12, 2019

U.S. President Donald Trump said he "couldn’t care less" if details from his conversation with Russian leader Vladimir Putin were released.

Trump was responding to a Washington Post report, which said he went to great lengths to hide details of his discussions with Putin. Trump took possession of his interpreter’s notes after a 2017 meeting in Hamburg and instructed the linguist not to discuss the matter with other administration officials, the Post said, citing current and former U.S. officials.

"We were talking about Israel and securing Israel and lots of others things,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News on Saturday. "It was a great conversation. I’m not keeping anything under wraps."

More:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-13/trump-hid-details-of-face-to-face-talks-with-putin-post-reports?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
They got him now.

How many times is that now?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

How many times is that now?

How many days have there been since inauguration day? There’s your answer.

Offline skeeter

So it is ok that our guy conceals private conversation with THE ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY?? 

Yeah it is. Unless you want new rules for Trump.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Executive privilege and confidentiality has to be respected, in order for advisors and officials to have open dialogue with any president. However, if he ‘couldn’t care less’ about it, we would’ve known about the contents of the discussions, long before this story broke.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I got a feeling they were discussing past conquests.  They both laid a lot of track over the years and have big ego's.  SO If I had to bet it was a whose got the bigger "unit" type conversations.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump concealed details of meetings with Putin from senior officials: report
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 01/12/19 06:35 PM EST

President Trump concealed details about encounters with Russian President Vladimir Putin from officials in his administration on multiple occasions, current and former U.S. officials told the The Washington Post in a report published on Saturday.

The Post reported that there is reportedly a lack of detailed records on five of Trump’s face-to-face meetings with Putin.

On one occasion, Trump reportedly took notes on an encounter from his own interpreter and directed a linguist not to discuss the meeting with other officials in his administration.

The White House did not immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment on the new report.

The Post highlighted a 2017 meeting in Hamburg between the two presidents where a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought for information beyond a prepared readout.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/425067-trump-concealed-details-of-meeting-with-putin-from-senior-officials

The President didn't respond immediately to The Hill?? Isn't that grounds for impeachment?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

The President didn't respond immediately to The Hill?? Isn't that grounds for impeachment?

@Emjay
   Probably because he thinks like some Trump supporters here, that just because they have a few left wing writers and their comment section is totally off the rails (by Trumper standards) they are to left of HuffPo, almost. 
   I still defend their overall objective content and will continue to post articles from there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
   Probably because he thinks like some Trump supporters here, that just because they have a few left wing writers and their comment section is totally off the rails (by Trumper standards) they are to left of HuffPo, almost. 
   I still defend their overall objective content and will continue to post articles from there.

Feell free @corbe   but their annoyance that Trump didn't respond to them immediately is still a little ... pompous.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

So it is ok that our guy conceals private conversation with THE ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY??  Yes Putin is a bad guy and Russia is a S**t country. In fact when Russia no longer exsists I'll be very happy.
And of course you know for a fact that every president has made the entire dialogue with other leaders public, verbatim? Hey I don't like everything Trump does and he says a lot of things that make me cringe but I am not gonna get my panties in a twist over every damn thing. Did it bother you that we know there were things Obama said to Putin that weren't caught on an open mike that no one knows..........and that the democrats didn't and don't give a shit about that but are having apoplexy over this?

Oh my God a President not revealing everything about a meeting with another world leader, enemy or not, yeah that's a surprise.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
NeverTrumper Me: .... so what, being President doesn't take your man card away from ya to talk face to face.

Me thinks another Bologna nothing burger.  What bothers me more is thinking the government should have people in every freaking conversation a president has... and knowing darn well half of them will leak what was said when convenient.

Donald has his flaws, but good grief this is just big government wanting to be all controlling government. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:00:55 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Top Notch!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
C'mon, its not like he conducted official business on his private server--and then destroyed as much of it as possible.

It's about time to quit ignoring the silverback...no not the wookie.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ConstitutionRose

I happened to hear (I was stuck in a waiting room) an NPR interview with an interpreter yesterday and she was emphatic that releasing notes or discussing what took place with a third party/parties was against their code of ethics.  In addition she said the type of notes interpreter takes would not be useful in recounting the conversation because they are made up of personal codes to aid short term memory in the interpretation.  She also said expecting accurate recall of a conversation was unrealistic in the extreme.  Apparently asking for the interpreter's notes is not uncommon.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In addition she said the type of notes interpreter takes would not be useful in recounting the conversation because they are made up of personal codes to aid short term memory in the interpretation.  She also said expecting accurate recall of a conversation was unrealistic in the extreme.  Apparently asking for the interpreter's notes is not uncommon.

The most hardcore believers in collusion are expecting Putin to have placed compromising material on the table and said, “Do ____, or else.” That is absurd.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.