Author Topic: Paris explosion: Live updates as '20 people' injured in bakery blast  (Read 1118 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Paris explosion: Live updates as '20 people' injured in bakery blast
The blast at the Hubert bakery in Paris' ninth arrondissement has turned rue de Trevise into what looks like a war zone - with a building gutted, cars overturned and debris everywhere

A massive explosion at a bakery in central Paris
has left a number of people injured and caused scenes of devastation.

The blast made a quiet street look like a war zone - gutting a building and igniting a blaze, flipping cars and filling rue de Trevise with large pieces of debris.

Rescuers were searching the building and debris for victims, and rescuing shaken residents from flats above the bakery as several people were treated for injuries.

Read more at: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-explosion-live-updates-multiple-13844958

The Mirror twitter says "2 fighting for their lives".

Offline DB

Re: Paris explosion: Live updates as '20 people' injured in bakery blast
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 10:28:23 am »
Nothing on Fox or CNN so far...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:14:10 am »
What happens when you deliberately import 100s of thousands primitive rapists murdering savages into your country? Kind of hard to feel sorry for them, since this is what they brought on themselves.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 01:21:04 pm »
It was a gas leak.  Firefighters were there as the smell of gas had been reported; explosion happened while they were looking for place of leak.  Two or four firefighters dead.  Apartments were above bakery.  One woman's apartment completely destroyed.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 01:27:54 pm »
@TomSea
@Freya

Gas does not smell.  A smell was put into gas when a school in New London, Texas, blew up and killed many students/teachers.  We lived not far from New London.  I was about 6 or less when that happened.  Parents put me in car and we went there.  I remember seeing clothes on fence posts as we got close to there.

I had a friend in later years who attended that school; he was in elementary school and his mother had picked him up from school.  He was standing in his house with the front door open, and saw the school blow up.

That caused an odor to be put in gas.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:29:37 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »
@TomSea
@Freya

Gas does not smell.  A smell was put into gas when a school in New London, Texas, blew up and killed many students/teachers.  We lived not far from New London.  I was about 6 or less when that happened.  Parents put me in car and we went there.  I remember seeing clothes on fence posts as we got close to there.

I had a friend in later years who attended that school; he was in elementary school and his mother had picked him up from school.  He was standing in his house with the front door open, and saw the school blow up.

That caused an odor to be put in gas.
You are quite correct about natural gas. Methane, ethane, propane, and butane, are the components of Natural Gas, although Methane is by far the predominant one, and the others are commonly present only in traces. None of these have an odor, so mercaptans are added to give the pungent skunk/rotting cabbage smell.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:29:32 am »
You are quite correct about natural gas. Methane, ethane, propane, and butane, are the components of Natural Gas, although Methane is by far the predominant one, and the others are commonly present only in traces. None of these have an odor, so mercaptans are added to give the pungent skunk/rotting cabbage smell.
That's why if you notice a sudden increase in flies around your meter or where the line runs you should be concerned.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:38:27 am »
What happens when you deliberately import 100s of thousands primitive rapists murdering savages into your country? Kind of hard to feel sorry for them, since this is what they brought on themselves.

Not everybody in France is in favor of Muslims immigrating to their country.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 10:54:13 am »
That's why if you notice a sudden increase in flies around your meter or where the line runs you should be concerned.
Good indicator! (One I had never thought of, frankly.) But it only would work a few months out of the year in these parts. Farther south, though, where y'all have flies nearly year round, it would be good.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:59 pm »
At least four killed in gas explosion at Paris bakery
Date created : 12/01/2019 - 10:22Latest update : 13/01/2019 - 13:46

A powerful explosion and fire caused by a gas leak at a Paris bakery on Saturday killed two firefighters and a Spanish national and injured almost 50 others, according to French and Spanish authorities. A fourth victim was found in the rubble Sunday.

Authorities said some of those injured were in critical condition.

"As firemen were looking for a gas leak in the building, a dramatic explosion took place," Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said, adding that one of the firemen had been buried under debris for several hours.

An investigation has been opened to determine the exact cause of the blast, authorities said. ...

The Spanish newspaper El Pais reported the woman was a tourist staying in a hotel near the bakery, which is around the corner from the Folies-Bergère theater and not far from the Paris shopping district that includes the famed headquarters of Galeries Lafayette. ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 01:47:14 pm »

https://youtu.be/EQbmHEOTwxU
Video from Le Monde
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 01:54:29 pm »
Nothing on Fox or CNN so far...

First I’ve heard of it. Thanks for finding this @TomSea
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 06:30:01 pm »
Update.

They found one more body in the rubble this am.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586489/Death-toll-Paris-bakery-blast-killed-two-firefighters-Spanish-tourist-rises-four.html
@TomSea
Prayers for the victims, families, and friends. The images at that site show how devastating that blast was, something not conveyed well by a single image. Props, too, to the air ambulance pilots who thread the needle to land in town like that.

C S Lewis