Author Topic: NYC: Giant sculpture proclaiming “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet” goes up at  (Read 938 times)

rangerrebew

NYC: Giant sculpture proclaiming “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet” goes up at Ground Zero

Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm By Robert Spencer 

Said Jenkell: “Given the unique and justified sensitivities surrounding the World Trade Center, it came to my mind to propose to remove the sculpture showcasing the flag of Saudi Arabia, or relocate it to a less sensitive location. But there is no way I can do such a thing as the flag of Saudi Arabia is entirely part of the G20 just like any other candy flag of this Candy Nations show.”

City officials should move it. Would a giant sculpture containing Shinto inscriptions be put up at Pearl Harbor? But nothing will be done about this. To move it would be “Islamophobic,” and the de Blasio administration would rather have its teeth pulled out with rusty pliers than do anything that might even give the appearance of “Islamophobia.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/01/nyc-giant-sculpture-proclaiming-there-is-no-god-but-allah-and-muhammad-is-his-prophet-goes-up-at-ground-zero

Offline Slide Rule

Anyone have a jet plane?

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline verga

We have turned into a nation of wimpy snowflakes. When did it become acceptable to let ourselves be run roughshod over. I miss the days when we would stand up for what was right and good and just. Now we roll over for any petty to bit dictator in the name of political expediency.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It'd be a real shame if somet'ing was to happen to it.... :whistle:

Considering 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anyone have a jet plane?

I think a drone would do to take that POS out.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

One more reason to stay out of NYC.

Offline mrclose

Deceptive headline.
It’s only one of twenty sculptures, and it’s NOT on Ground Zero.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:29:06 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Deceptive headline.
It’s only one of twenty sculptures, and it’s NOT on Ground Zero.

what is the purpose in the structures?  Are any other of the twenty devoted to religious sayings?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

Like any of the street art you see in the city, it tries to blend whimsy with some sort of message – usually Kumbaya kinda stuff. Anything to surprise, amuse or shock the senses.

Thing is, there are hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the 5 Burroughs of NYC. And unless you read Arabic, the message on the sculpture means nothing. But to devout Muslims it affirms their religious faith. No big deal. In one of the worlds cosmopolitan cities like New York, it’s part of city life to see exhibits in public spaces exploring the diversity and differences among its citizens.

If you love art, New York city is a cool place to be.