Author Topic: Jayme Closs, Wisconsin teen missing since October found alive, suspect caught  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jayme Closs: Missing 13-year-old found months after parents' murder

A 13-year-old girl from Wisconsin who went missing in October after her parents were murdered has been found alive, officials say.

Jayme Closs, whose parents, aged 56 and 46, were discovered shot in their family home last year, was located on Thursday evening, police said.

They said a suspect believed to be linked to the case was now in custody.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46833289

At least, she didn't get killed and is now, free for whatever that means, surely a lot of emotional stress.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline TomSea

I assume we are happy for her. For all we know, maybe she ran off with this guy, I know there are some other stories out there that I will read. The witnesses that found her.

Offline Mod1

Threads merged.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I was about to go to bed last night and this came over my phone. I hope she is mentally ok. I guess we will know more as the days go by.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

I assume we are happy for her. For all we know, maybe she ran off with this guy, I know there are some other stories out there that I will read. The witnesses that found her.

I think most of us are happy Jayme was found alive, but I too don't want to say much about this story till more is known.  I learned from some major crimes and terrorist actions that the initial story more often than not is inaccurate and maybe more speculation than fact.   Sometimes it's a matter of confusion in the first few hours after an incident occurs -- the news is in a hurry to be the first to get the story out and in their haste, they get it wrong.  Other times, it's a deliberate attempt to muddy the waters to promote a particular agenda.

In the first few hours after the San Bernadino killings, so-called pundits were falling all over themselves to blame those "right-wing gun nuts."  Turned out the perps were Muslim terrorists.  More recently, after that little girl was killed in Houston, an unidentified white man was blamed for a racist hate crime.  Now we hear the killers were two black men. 

So I'm going to do no more now than thank God Jayme is alive and pray she will recover sufficiently from her ordeal. 

Offline TomSea

The latest:
A suspect was taken into custody Thursday. Police identified him as Jake Patterson, 21, of Gordon, Wisconsin.

Jayme apparently escaped from captivity in Gordon about 65 miles north of her home in Barron, where she was last seen, CBS News correspondent Adriana Diaz reports. Peter Kasinskas opened his front door to find his neighbor standing with a disheveled girl.

"'This is Jayme Closs and call 911,'" Kasinskas said his neighbor told him. "It was literally like I was seeing a ghost because we've seen the billboards and the commercials and all that stuff, and there she is in my kitchen."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jayme-closs-update-police-wisconsin-missing-girl-found-today-2019-01-11-live-stream-updates/

This story makes it sound like a kidnapping, she was out, having escaped and screamed for help.  We will see.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can't be the only one waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

I can't be the only one waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Just curious as to what you think the other shoe will be???

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Her parents were shot dead in their home and she was apparently taken. I'd like see more details.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just curious as to what you think the other shoe will be???

@Applewood

Seems like in most of these cases in the past,the end result was an adult male seduced a female child,and together they offed her family "for getting in the way of our luv!"

I am happy to say that after the information released today,that does not seem to be the case here,although the creep that snatched her and murdered her parents MAY have been dating her in secret. I really,really,REALLY hope that is not the case here because even though she most likely took no part or had any knowledge of what he was planning,chances are she would end up feeling guilt all her life for having dated him and thereby unintentionally making her family a target.

There are very good reasons having nothing to do with sex and possible teen pregnancy that adult males need to be kept away from 13 year old girls.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:00:37 am by sneakypete »

Offline mountaineer

Teen helped police arrest man accused of kidnapping her
CBSNews
31 mins ago

A 21-year-old man burst into the home of a Wisconsin couple, killing them and kidnapping their 13-year-old daughter, holding the young girl captive for nearly three months until she managed to escape and alert authorities, police said Friday. Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, was charged with the killings and kidnapping of Jayme Closs.

Jayme managed to escape Patterson's home and came across a woman who was outside walking her dog, police said. She gave police a description of Patterson's vehicle which led to his arrest down the road from his residence. He was taken into custody without incident. ...

Patterson had specific intentions to kidnap Jayme and went to great lengths to prepare to take her, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a news conference Friday evening. Investigators do not believe Patterson and the girl knew each other.

"At this time nothing in this case shows the suspect knew anyone at the Closs home or at any time had contact with anyone in the Closs family," Fitzgerald said.  ... CBS News via MSN

The perp
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:49:54 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Jayme Closs Played with Puppy After Being Rescued — and Didn't Know what Town She Was In
Harriet Sokmensuer
3 hrs ago

As she waited for police to arrive after she escaped her months-long abduction, 13-year-old Jayme Closs sat in a Wisconsin couple’s room playing with their new puppy, the couple told the Indianapolis Star Tribune.

Moments earlier, Jayme had escaped from a home nearby in Gordon, where authorities say she was being kept by a 21-year-old man accused of kidnapping her and killing her parents nearly three months earlier.

“She seemed kind of in shock and kind of timid, but she did talk to us a little bit,” Kristin Kasinskas, the owner of the puppy who took Jayme into her home, told Today of the moment. “It wasn’t like she was scared of us. She wasn’t crying or upset. She was just very calm.”  ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

@sneakypete

I don't know.  I'm suspicious of the police's statement that the perp did not know Jayme.  Just seems odd that the perp would target Jayme and her family at random.  Perhaps he had seen Jayme, followed her home and started observing the family, then planned and carrived out the murders and abduction..  Or he may have met Jayme online.  They communicated and she invited him over.  Pedophiles troll social media looking for some young kid.  They often pose as a kid themselves.  It's possible the parents or  other family members were unaware that Jayme was in touch with this guy.  Jayme may have thought he was another kid and saw no harm in inviting him.  Or maybe she knew he was older, he sweet talked her and being at an age where she is a naive child but the hormones are raging, she developed a crush on him, maybe looking for a father figure, who knows? 

I suppose it will take weeks or months or longer before the investigation is completed.  We might not know anything till trial.  Still too early to know what really happened here. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I don't know.  I'm suspicious of the police's statement that the perp did not know Jayme.  Just seems odd that the perp would target Jayme and her family at random.  Perhaps he had seen Jayme, followed her home and started observing the family, then planned and carrived out the murders and abduction..  Or he may have met Jayme online.  They communicated and she invited him over.  Pedophiles troll social media looking for some young kid.  They often pose as a kid themselves.  It's possible the parents or  other family members were unaware that Jayme was in touch with this guy.  Jayme may have thought he was another kid and saw no harm in inviting him.  Or maybe she knew he was older, he sweet talked her and being at an age where she is a naive child but the hormones are raging, she developed a crush on him, maybe looking for a father figure, who knows? 

I suppose it will take weeks or months or longer before the investigation is completed.  We might not know anything till trial.  Still too early to know what really happened here.

@Applewood

Those were my own exact thoughts.

Offline LadyLiberty

Since the parents were murdered and the girl was abducted, there was nobody living in the home, so the investigators have had full access to any devices that had online or cellular access for quite some time.  If the kidnapper had been grooming Jayme, certainly they would have already run across any such evidence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Since the parents were murdered and the girl was abducted, there was nobody living in the home, so the investigators have had full access to any devices that had online or cellular access for quite some time.  If the kidnapper had been grooming Jayme, certainly they would have already run across any such evidence.

Police Chief interviewed on Fox's show...they had all the phones, tablets etc..no link on social media was found
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

@mystery-ak
@LadyLiberty

Could Jayme have been using a device the police dont have or dont know about?  A computer at school?  A device belonging to a friend?

Or maybe the police are not giving out the full story yet because doing so might compromise the investigation. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@mystery-ak
@LadyLiberty

Could Jayme have been using a device the police dont have or dont know about?  A computer at school?  A device belonging to a friend?

Or maybe the police are not giving out the full story yet because doing so might compromise the investigation.

....or Jayme could be an innocent victim.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LadyLiberty

True,but that doesn't mean they are ready to give up their advantage this early in the game. They may well be waiting to try to determine if she was actively involved,or if the kidnapping and murders were a surprise to her. Costs them nothing to take the wait and see while preparing their case against the man in jail.

That does NOT SEEM to be the case at this point,and I honestly hope it turns out that she never even nodded in the general direction of that monster at any time in the past.

Time will tell,though

Offline LegalAmerican

I saw a full story on this but only scanned it. Now, I am tired. Can't remember much. 

Offline montanajoe

One of my kids is a 13 year old girl, I find this very troubling....

Based on my daughter and her friends I'm certain that a 13 year old girl would never have an interest in a 21 year old guy, so it seems to me that if there is a social connection he lied about his age or she did not know his age

The thought that occurs to me is online gaming, it is age neutral ....a gamer doesn't know the age of another gamer

My daughter, like all her friends, is obsessed with games and not boys at her age. I limit the amount of time she can spend online but when she is online  its common for her play the games with kids from all over the country. She has a user name that could not identify her because I insisted on it before I'd let her play.

I'm wondering if she was possibly naive enough to use her own name and her parents were not internet savey enough to understand the danger...:shrug:

Jayme is in our prayers...

Offline Victoria33

I have thought about this, reading what all of you have said about what might have happened.  It seems like a dead end but can't be.  It is unbelievable to think this man randomly broke into a house, killed two people for no reason and took a girl he did not know was there. ????  :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have thought about this, reading what all of you have said about what might have happened.  It seems like a dead end but can't be.  It is unbelievable to think this man randomly broke into a house, killed two people for no reason and took a girl he did not know was there. ????  :shrug:

It would be much more likely that he saw her somewhere, maybe even the family FB page, and developed an obsession with her.  I'm not going to speculate that she did anything to contribute to that situation since we have absolutely no evidence that she did. 

Obsessions happened long before Al Gore invented the internet.