Author Topic: David Hogg responds to Trump address: 'No one is illegal on stolen land'  (Read 9535 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: David Hogg responds to Trump address: 'No one is illegal on stolen land'
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 03:14:01 am »
Mexico NEVER ruled over se USA except for maybe a small part of South Cali. Spain on the other hand ......

It really doesn't matter either way. His argument is ridiculous. He's suggesting that we don't have a right to our land. This guy is globalist trash.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:15:29 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 03:17:52 am »
Texas was held by Mexico, wasn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican–American_War

More directly to the point, major onflicts took place in variious regions of the US, and native Ameicans. The biggest was against the Plains Indians, ending in the 1890s.

Texas, Oklahoma and part of NM were claimed by Mexico, but there was, at most, ~3,000 Mexican citizens in the whole area.  To claim that they "held" it is a big exaggeration.

Offline verga

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 03:59:19 pm »
I have always liked Kipling. He got it, and should be required reading.

The tendency of societies to marginalize those selfsame men who risked all that they would have the liberty to do that marginalizing, has ever been present. They who were not there hold their manhoods cheap, and hate being reminded of that.
There are other ways aside from military service by which one may hold their head high, but will ever be reminded that the dangers or hardships they may have faced pale to those in combat.

For those who lack even that mitigation of their sense of self worth, the feelings of inadequacy, or in some cases, just questioning how they would perform in dire circumstance will ever persist unless they have to face them. They don't know, and are ever intimidated by those who do.

One of the reasons masculinity is being forcibly devalued is that removal of the old playground system of 'sorting things out' bare knuckles has left so many with no way to establish themselves in that instinctive peer group dominance pecking order those conflicts sorted out. Small wonder they now reach for a Glock when they get 'dissed' after years of being denied a less lethal, but effective alternative to 'conflict resolution'. They hunt in packs, like dogs, because they have been denied the opportunity to excel alone.

School shootings were pretty rare in the days of the playground fistfight--the issues were settled in a less than lethal manner, without the 'nuclear option' even considered. Somehow the liberals think that depriving young men and growing boys the means of sorting out dominance in their peer groups will 'civilize' them but that is having the opposite effect.
Anyway, back on topic, Kipling.

My mother, who always placed tremendous emphasis on integrity and literacy, sat me down as a lad and taught me Kipling's "If", and it has been a reminder through my life of what being a man is all about. "Gunga DIn" was a follow up, and I was hooked. I don't think they teach it any more in schools.
He was the only poet I liked more than Poe and Robert Service.
I have taught in Urban, Suburban, and Rural school districts. Frankly the ones I worry about the least are the "good ole redneck boys" None of them are afraid of hard work and getting their hands dirty. They understand the value of things because they had to work to earn them. They also have no trouble at all kicking some @$$ when that is required. While the Prissy boys are playing tennis or golf these kids are either holding down a job or playing on the football team, sometimes both. They maybe a little rough around the edges, but by golly if you need a hand if they haven't already volunteered they will say yes when you ask them. One of the golfers was bragging about his game one time, one of my rednecks replied "Golf is like long distance shooting, only for Pu$$ie$." Shut the other kid up immediately.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 04:07:55 pm »
Texas, Oklahoma and part of NM were claimed by Mexico, but there was, at most, ~3,000 Mexican citizens in the whole area.  To claim that they "held" it is a big exaggeration.

A small sliver of AZ was later purchased from Mexico (Gadsden Purchase).  If we sell it back we can get rid of Tucson and restore AZ's red hue.  :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:41 pm »
A small sliver of AZ was later purchased from Mexico (Gadsden Purchase).  If we sell it back we can get rid of Tucson and restore AZ's red hue.  :pondering:

@Cyber Liberty

That would be a good plan if Mexico had any money.

I wonder how much they would charge us to take it back?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:01 pm »
verga wrote:
"Frankly the ones I worry about the least are the "good ole redneck boys" None of them are afraid of hard work and getting their hands dirty. They understand the value of things because they had to work to earn them. They also have no trouble at all kicking some @$$ when that is required."

Sorry...

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2019, 11:09:16 pm »
Cyber wrote in #53 above:
"A small sliver of AZ was later purchased from Mexico (Gadsden Purchase).  If we sell it back we can get rid of Tucson and restore AZ's red hue."

While we're at it, why not give most of the blue areas of Texas back to Mexico, as well?

They could easily be "chopped off at the bottom", and rid the "red Texans" of a lot of problems!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2019, 02:00:09 am »
Cyber wrote in #53 above:
"A small sliver of AZ was later purchased from Mexico (Gadsden Purchase).  If we sell it back we can get rid of Tucson and restore AZ's red hue."

While we're at it, why not give most of the blue areas of Texas back to Mexico, as well?

They could easily be "chopped off at the bottom", and rid the "red Texans" of a lot of problems!

@Fishrrman

The exact opposite of what we need to do because all that would do would be to encourage more illegals to invade and take over the NEW Mexico/Texas border areas.

What we NEED to do,but probably won't,is to kick out ANYBODY that is here or came here illegally. Those that resist should be shot where found as alien invaders.

Online LMAO

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2019, 04:25:48 pm »
Sometimes I think the only reason this Hogg character stays in the limelight is because conservative websites keep him in it

He’s become irrelevant to the left. I think conservatives need to start treating him  the same. His 15 minutes have long expired
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2019, 05:19:51 pm »
Sometimes I think the only reason this Hogg character stays in the limelight is because conservative websites keep him in it

He’s become irrelevant to the left. I think conservatives need to start treating him  the same. His 15 minutes have long expired
Maybe AOC will follow his example.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2019, 05:37:20 pm »
Maybe AOC will follow his example.
She now has a much large megaphone to bray her nonsense to her adoring idiot constituency and fellow travelers.
She will go down shrieking and screaming...she will never shut up.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2019, 06:05:17 pm »
What are sorely absent, are effective-persuasive conservative voices.

Sowell, Friedman, Reagan, Gingrich etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

@truth_seeker

Even if some of them were still alive,the media would never give them any air time. Just look at how they shut down Newt and chased him out of Congress over BullBush charges for proof of this. He couldn't BUY time on tv or page space in a newspaper for years.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2019, 06:27:28 pm »
@truth_seeker

Even if some of them were still alive,the media would never give them any air time. Just look at how they shut down Newt and chased him out of Congress over BullBush charges for proof of this. He couldn't BUY time on tv or page space in a newspaper for years.

My point is the lack of comparable figures today. Last night I listened to Sowell and Friedman. If I posted the videos here, there would likely be little attention or discussion. It would not break through the hourly outrage by #nevertrumps, mirroring every story from the media.

@sneakypete 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2019, 06:35:14 pm »
My point is the lack of comparable figures today. Last night I listened to Sowell and Friedman. If I posted the videos here, there would likely be little attention or discussion. It would not break through the hourly outrage by #nevertrumps, mirroring every story from the media.

@sneakypete

So the problem is Briefers are too stupid to understand Sowell?  That must be why we see so many articles by Victor Davis Hanson posted.

Maybe the problem is many people detest videos, and prefer the written word.  Or maybe it's they might disagree with Donald Trump about something and object to being stamped "Never Trumpers?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:37:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 06:49:44 pm »

@sneakypete

I’m a big fan of Milton Friedman and Thomas Sowell

By all means post any videos by them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline thackney

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 06:50:38 pm »
So the problem is Briefers are too stupid to understand Sowell?  That must be why we see so many articles by Victor Davis Hanson posted.

Maybe the problem is many people detest videos, and prefer the written word.  Or maybe it's they might disagree with Donald Trump about something and object to being stamped "Never Trumpers?"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:10 pm »

:pop41:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2019, 08:11:03 pm »

Please don't include Noot with those Conservatives.  Since you are into videos, check out what Noot has to say about being a progressive:

Sorry...

"But I want to say a second about the UN because I'm a big fan of Franklin Roosevelt's. I'm frankly a fan of Woodrow Wilson's and I think what they were trying to accomplish was terribly important."

-Noot Gingrich-

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
Also, Sowell despised the Kelo decision.  Yet Trump sycophants defend it.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 09:15:08 pm »
Also, Sowell despised the Kelo decision.  Yet Trump sycophants defend it.  Go figure.

Do all Trump supporters, also favor Kelo? I do not.

Do all Reagan supporters favor 1986 Amnesty? I do not.

Go figure.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 09:44:14 pm »
@truth_seeker

Even if some of them were still alive they'd be trashed by certain sectors of the Republican party.  Especially if they didn't get "on board" so to speak.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2019, 09:49:17 pm »
BKMK

What does that mean?  I've seen it before.  I don't text on cell phone.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2019, 09:58:53 pm »
"Bookmark." When they want to read something later, they'll type that so they can go back under "My Posts" to read the article when they have more time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2019, 09:58:57 pm »

How old are you?   60...70?  Do you still own a 3G flip Phone?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:59:34 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.