Author Topic: It Snowed In The Arizona Desert And The Photos Are Beautiful  (Read 835 times)

rangerrebew

It Snowed In The Arizona Desert And The Photos Are Beautiful
« on: January 09, 2019, 06:01:46 pm »

It Snowed In The Arizona Desert And The Photos Are Beautiful

Katy Evans
By Katy Evans
04 Jan 2019, 18:14

It’s not often you see the Grand Canyon, or the American southwest in general, liberally scattered with snow but it turns out when you do, boy is it pretty.

Photos have been emerging of already beautiful natural scenes from Arizona to New Mexico looking even more stunning after an unusual cold snap in the west hit over Christmas and the New Year.

https://www.iflscience.com/environment/it-snowed-in-the-arizona-desert-and-the-photos-are-beautiful/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: It Snowed In The Arizona Desert And The Photos Are Beautiful
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:52:06 pm »
Global warmin' in action:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:15:57 am »
Snow on the cactus looks cool....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:28:39 am »
I saw a snow-covered landscape in the Big Bend National Park about 35 or 40 years ago, and it was beautiful in a pretty spooky way--like I was on the wrong planet or something. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 01:26:01 am »
A few years ago, we went to Arizona, specifically in hopes of snow on the red rocks, of Sedona.

Didn't get snow, but we got plenty of hail and it looked like snow on the red rocks.

Next day we drove through Oak Creek Canyon, and it had snowed there.

Saw plenty of snow at Flagstaff(6,900 ft. elev.)'  T next day we drove to Prescott (5,400 ft. elev.), and it snowed that night.

An excellent magazine that showcases the many beautiful scenes there, is titled "Arizona Highways."

https://www.arizonahighways.com/snow-serenade

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 01:52:23 am »
A few years ago, we went to Arizona, specifically in hopes of snow on the red rocks, of Sedona.

Didn't get snow, but we got plenty of hail and it looked like snow on the red rocks.

Next day we drove through Oak Creek Canyon, and it had snowed there.

Saw plenty of snow at Flagstaff(6,900 ft. elev.)'  T next day we drove to Prescott (5,400 ft. elev.), and it snowed that night.

An excellent magazine that showcases the many beautiful scenes there, is titled "Arizona Highways."

https://www.arizonahighways.com/snow-serenade

I wholeheartedly agree.  AZ Highways is a great magazine, used to take it.  I just moved from the Sonora Desert to the Mojave, but Giant Saguaros can grow here too.  My next-door neighbor has a couple.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: