Author Topic: Conway calls CNN's Acosta a 'smartass' during immigration exchange  (Read 177 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Conway calls CNN's Acosta a 'smartass' during immigration exchange
By Jordan Fabian - 01/08/19 02:36 PM EST

White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway called CNN's Jim Acosta a “smartass” during a heated exchange over immigration.

Acosta asked Conway on the North Lawn driveway whether she could “promise the president will tell the truth tonight” during a primetime address on his demands for a border wall.

“Yes, Jim. And will you promise that you will?“ Conway asked in response.

“I will, absolutely. I’m not the one with the alternative-facts problem like you do,” Acosta replied, referencing a quote from Conway from 2017.

When Acosta challenged Conway again about whether Trump's speech could pass a fact check, the White House aide replied, “let me go back to your case because you’re such a smartass most of the time and I know you want this to go viral.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424375-conway-calls-cnns-acosta-a-smartass-during-immigration-exchange
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline The Ghost

• TBR Contributor
Re: Conway calls CNN's Acosta a 'smartass' during immigration exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:55 PM »
It was so nice not having to hear or see that dickhead in the news for as long as we did.   

Offline mountaineer

Re: Conway calls CNN's Acosta a 'smartass' during immigration exchange
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 03:53:22 PM »
That seems about right.
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf