Author Topic: ‘Marie’ Is the First Life-Sized, 3D-Printed Human Body  (Read 790 times)

rangerrebew

by Caroline Haskins

Dec 14 2018, 11:45am
‘Marie’ Is the First Life-Sized, 3D-Printed Human Body
Marie—a five-foot-one, fifteen-pound 3D printed body—could be used to help create better radiation treatments for 

Meet Marie, the very first life-sized 3D-printed human body made from bioplastic, developed by LSU engineering student Meagan Moore to test real-time radiation exposure and figure out optimal radiation therapy dosing for treating conditions like cancer.

According to an LSU press release, Marie is five-foot-one-inch tall and weighs 15 pounds. She also has a detachable head, and a 36-gallon water storage capacity for up to eight hours.
Advertisement

Also, Marie is also a lovely shade of purple. (“Purple was on sale,” Moore said in a press release.)

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yw7kzv/marie-is-the-first-life-sized-3d-printed-human-body

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: ‘Marie’ Is the First Life-Sized, 3D-Printed Human Body
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »
Here is hoping their dreams come true on this one. IF they manage to get the bugs worked out,they will be able to do stuff like create and test thinks like artificial kidneys in the artificial human body.

Not to mention artificial arms and legs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 06:03:16 pm »
I am a big 3d printing enthusiast (have three 3d printers of my own). Amazing how the the uses for this technology continue to grow.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 06:44:04 pm »
Can it go to the kitchen and make me a sammitch?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:08:50 pm »
Can it go to the kitchen and make me a sammitch?
Well they did say she has a detachable head.