Author Topic: Woman Comatose For a Decade Gives Birth Unexpectedly, Police Launch Sexual Assault Investigation  (Read 3746 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am guessing at least ONE of the staff suspected something.

Are we really supposed to believe none of the staff noticed she was no longer having periods and suddenly getting much larger?

Never mind the rape by the male attendant,that alone is enough to insure nobody responsible would ever put a relative there,and damn good reason for the state to pull their license.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

UPDATE

Police in Phoenix are requiring DNA testing of every male employee at Hacienda HealthCare, a facility for severely disabled patients, where a woman in vegetative state gave birth late last year.

The 29-year-old woman, whose name was not disclosed, has been disabled since nearly drowning as a child. She reportedly delivered a baby on Dec. 29. The staff said they did not know she was pregnant.

A lawyer for her family said they were outraged at the “neglect of their daughter” but the baby boy will be well-cared for by a loving family.

Officials at Hacienda HealthCare said in a statement they welcomed the testing. This week its board also hired a former top prosecutor to conduct an internal investigation into who raped the woman and how it happened without anyone knowing. WORLD
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
UPDATE

Police in Phoenix are requiring DNA testing of every male employee at Hacienda HealthCare, a facility for severely disabled patients, where a woman in vegetative state gave birth late last year.

The 29-year-old woman, whose name was not disclosed, has been disabled since nearly drowning as a child. She reportedly delivered a baby on Dec. 29. The staff said they did not know she was pregnant.

A lawyer for her family said they were outraged at the “neglect of their daughter” but the baby boy will be well-cared for by a loving family.

Officials at Hacienda HealthCare said in a statement they welcomed the testing. This week its board also hired a former top prosecutor to conduct an internal investigation into who raped the woman and how it happened without anyone knowing. WORLD

Thanks for the update. This is a sickening story.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

If she was moaning she felt pain and is not in a vegetative state is she....and Medical experts here?

It's possible. She probably can't verbalize or point to her discomfort but vegetative pt's can still make sounds.

I've worked around Hospice pt's that were on the last days and near comatose on every 1/2 hour Morphine and Ativan moan when turned
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online rustynail

Be interesting to know how the boy turns out.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Police in Phoenix are requiring DNA testing of every male employee at Hacienda HealthCare, a facility for severely disabled patients, where a woman in vegetative state gave birth late last year."

Sounds like there could be some Fifth Amendment problems here.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Police in Phoenix are requiring DNA testing of every male employee at Hacienda HealthCare, a facility for severely disabled patients, where a woman in vegetative state gave birth late last year."

Sounds like there could be some Fifth Amendment problems here.

@Fishrrman

I'm with ya on that one. Probably just more bad reporting. Chances are the po-po just asked all male employees to give blood samples so they could focus on the one or ones that refuse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Be interesting to know how the boy turns out.

@rustynail

I am guessing that if there is no family left that wants him that there will be a crowd of people wanting to adopt him. Not much chance of THIS mother changing her mind and taking you to court 2 years from now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@rustynail

I am guessing that if there is no family left that wants him that there will be a crowd of people wanting to adopt him. Not much chance of THIS mother changing her mind and taking you to court 2 years from now.
You never know. She might wake up yet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

An arrest has been made in the sexual assault investigation involving a Hacienda HealthCare patient who gave birth last month....Chief Jeri Williams said the suspect is 36-year-old Nathan Sutherland, a licensed practical nurse who was responsible for caring for the victim during the time the alleged sexual assault occurred  http://ktar.com/story/2407561/phoenix-police-arrest-suspect-in-hacienda-healthcare-sex-assault/?nid=6&sid=1289944

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It was not immediately known what type of care Sutherland provided to the victim, Thompson added.

Uhhhhhh........

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nurse arrested in rape of woman in vegetative state who gave birth at care facility

Last Update 14 mins ago
Nurse arrested in rape of woman in vegetative state who gave birth at care facility

By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

A licensed practical nurse who was supposed to care for a woman in a vegetative state at a long-term Arizona nursing facility was arrested after she gave birth to a baby last month, officials announced Wednesday.

Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said at a news conference that 36-year-old Nathan Sutherland was arrested and will be charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse for the incident at the Hacienda Healthcare facility in Phoenix.

"We have worked virtually nonstop every day, every night to resolve this case," Williams told reporters, adding that the crime was "beyond reproach."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nurse-arrested-in-rape-of-woman-in-vegetative-state-who-gave-birth-at-care-facility

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Nurse Nathan Sutherland named as ‘rapist who got woman in vegetative state pregnant’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/nurse-nathan-sutherland-named-as-rapist-who-got-woman-in-vegetative-state-pregnant-8381252/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:59:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

That's not quite the "medical professional" look one might expect of a nurse.
... Sutherland is a licensed practical nurse who was primarily responsible for caring for the victim at the time of the assault, according to police. He's worked at Hacienda since 2011.

State records show he was first licensed as a clinical nursing assistant in 2005, before he became an LPN.

The Phoenix police crime lab on Tuesday determined a DNA sample taken from Sutherland matched the baby. He was taken into custody the same day.

Police announced they would be testing the DNA of all employees during a Jan. 8 media briefing.

Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said police didn't have the opportunity to collect Sutherland's DNA through a court order until Tuesday.  ...
More at AZ Central

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Nurse Nathan Sutherland named as ‘rapist who got woman in vegetative state pregnant’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/nurse-nathan-sutherland-named-as-rapist-who-got-woman-in-vegetative-state-pregnant-8381252/

This was interesting....

Quote from: article
During Wednesday morning’s press conference, one reporter raised eyebrows by asking if women had also been DNA tested on suspicion of being the baby’s mother.

Good grief, next suspects will claim to be female to avoid court ordered DNA testing...

Also I am curious, how can judges order DNA tests without your consent?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
That's not quite the "medical professional" look one might expect of a nurse.

You'd be surprised. Many years ago, I worked in long term care facilities collecting blood samples and later servicing medical equipment in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. Many of the CNAs and LPNs were from the Caribbean. Some of them looked and acted like they were straight from Duvalier's Macoute squads.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's not quite the "medical professional" look one might expect of a nurse. More at AZ Central

This why you should treat your children well, lest they put you in long term care or a nursing home.  That "Nurse" is indicative of the type of employee that will be caring for you.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This why you should treat your children well, lest they put you in long term care or a nursing home.  That "Nurse" is indicative of the type of employee that will be caring for you.

Great point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's not quite the "medical professional" look one might expect of a nurse. More at AZ Central

@mountaineer

Think maybe he got an AA LPN degree?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This was interesting....

During Wednesday morning’s press conference, one reporter raised eyebrows by asking if women had also been DNA tested on suspicion of being the baby’s mother.

@Sighlass

That's funny,I don't care who you are!

I am just guessing,but signing a consent form may be an employment qualification for health care workers. Or at least some of them.

Offline DB

@Sighlass

That's funny,I don't care who you are!

I am just guessing,but signing a consent form may be an employment qualification for health care workers. Or at least some of them.

Why can't a court order it under probable cause as a search warrant? The pool of male suspects was likely pretty small.

Online mountaineer

@mountaineer

Think maybe he got an AA LPN degree?
The news article I posted said he was an LPN. When they referred to him as "nurse," my first (erroneous) thought was RN.

Offline DB

This was interesting....

Good grief, next suspects will claim to be female to avoid court ordered DNA testing...

A search warrant based on other evidence such as opportunity, location and characteristics of the baby. The baby provided DNA, skin pigment, eye color and hair clues which point in a specific direction narrowing the probably sources...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Why can't a court order it under probable cause as a search warrant? The pool of male suspects was likely pretty small.

I understand the field of suspects probable was not huge, but still I don't ever want to give the police my DNA to be put on file for a number or reasons. Not only does it put you at risk, but your children and cousins which share your DNA. Someone picks up some gum you spit out and throws in a crime scene and you are in deep poo...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:54:43 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....