Author Topic: On Day Two, Tlaib's Colleagues Are Already Furious With Her  (Read 2492 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: On Day Two, Tlaib's Colleagues Are Already Furious With Her
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 09:33:35 pm »
aw...let her talk.  The more she rambles it lowers the standards of the whole leftist mussie Dem party and the lunacy of san fran nan.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 06:41:58 am »
On Day Two, Tlaib's Colleagues Are Already Furious With Her
Cortney O'Brien

@obrienc2
|
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 9:26 AM

Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-MI) had not even clocked in a full 24 hours as a congresswoman before making enemies in Washington, including several in her own party. On Thursday night, hours after being sworn in to the 116th Congress, Tlaib grabbed a microphone and pledged to impeach President Trump, whom she referred to as a "mother f***er."

Veterans Democrats in the House noted how...unhelpful her little speech was.

"You can't accomplish very much of anything unless you have civility and show respect for your colleagues," Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said. "Those kind of comments do not take us in the right direction."

Cummings, who takes over as new chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, added that Tlaib's comments were "inappropriate." 

"We need to be patient," he said, whatever that means.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) had some of the same complaints.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/01/05/on-day-two-tlaibs-colleagues-are-already-furious-with-her-n2538523

I know Democrat Taqqiya when I see it, and this is it. The Democrats love the brashness of the newbies, at least until the polls start biting them in their rears. Flyover country is generally appalled by such coarseness, and I expect the American people as a whole don't want to see Trump impeached. The memories of Clinton's impeachment come to mind, and how little was accomplished during that period.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 08:34:57 am »
I know Democrat Taqqiya when I see it, and this is it. The Democrats love the brashness of the newbies, at least until the polls start biting them in their rears. Flyover country is generally appalled by such coarseness, and I expect the American people as a whole don't want to see Trump impeached. The memories of Clinton's impeachment come to mind, and how little was accomplished during that period.
The Democrats embrace their bomb throwers, and use them to make their ordinarily ridiculous demands seem more 'reasonable'.

Unfortunately, the GOP throws its Constitutionalists and Originalists (who once weres simply considered "conservatives") under the bus and proceeds to negotiate from a position of weakness, instead of using them to make their (starting) position seem less extreme (which it isn't, unless you're a Leftist). This is the formula for sliding the nation leftward for 50 years, and it has been adhered to religiously.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis