Author Topic: Trump Instructs Pentagon to Curb Watchdogs' Access to Secret Military Reports  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
Trump Instructs Pentagon to Curb Watchdogs' Access to Secret Military Reports

By Charles S. Clark
    January 3, 2019

President Trump, in a nationally televised Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, instructed acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan to withhold classified battlefield reports from inspectors general, a move that brought objections from transparency advocates.

“I can tell you [a] story when I got here about our military that I don't even want to talk about,” Trump said. “We do these reports on our military. Some IG goes over there, and he goes over there and they do a report on every single thing. We're fighting wars and they're doing [a] report and releasing it to the public. The public means the enemy. Those reports should be private reports.”

The president continued: “Let them do a report, but they should be private reports and be locked up ... [Giving the reports] out to the enemy is insane. And I don't want it to happen anymore, Mr. Secretary. You understand that?”

https://www.govexec.com/oversight/2019/01/trump-instructs-pentagon-curb-watchdogs-access-secret-military-reports/153912/
“A society does not ever die ‘from natural causes’, but always dies from suicide or murder – and nearly always from the former….”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee’s A Study of History.

Offline Sanguine

I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Me either.
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf