Author Topic: Lou Dobbs: ‘I Can’t Believe the People of Utah Elected This Creep’ (Romney)  (Read 1911 times)

rangerrebew

Lou Dobbs: ‘I Can’t Believe the People of Utah Elected This Creep’ (Romney)
Steven Ahle January 4, 2019

Lou Dobbs says that Mitt Romney has made himself the smallest man in the Senate. Even Ronna McDaniel, Romney’s niece blasted him for his Op-Ed. He has now alienated himself from the other Republican Senators and cannot count on their help for anything.

He is more likely to become the new Jeff Flake. He has always been a big government guy disguised as a Republican and he will end up working with Democrats more than Republicans because he does not share our ideals.

Dobbs said:

https://steadfastandloyal.com/news-for-you/lou-dobbs-i-cant-believe-the-people-of-utah-elected-this-creep-romney/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&utm_campaign=McConnell%20Trashes%20Pelosi:%20Senate%20Won%E2%80%99t%20Vote%20on%20Bill%20President%20Won%E2%80%99t%20Sign

Offline the_doc

@corbe
@musiclady

Lou Dobbs says that Mitt Romney has made himself the smallest man in the Senate. Even Ronna McDaniel, Romney’s niece blasted him for his Op-Ed. He has now alienated himself from the other Republican Senators and cannot count on their help for anything.

He is more likely to become the new Jeff Flake. He has always been a big government guy disguised as a Republican and he will end up working with Democrats more than Republicans because he does not share our ideals.

Dobbs said:

https://steadfastandloyal.com/news-for-you/lou-dobbs-i-cant-believe-the-people-of-utah-elected-this-creep-romney/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&utm_campaign=McConnell%20Trashes%20Pelosi:%20Senate%20Won%E2%80%99t%20Vote%20on%20Bill%20President%20Won%E2%80%99t%20Sign

The above article--especially the link--illustrates why I regard President Trump as more honorable than the famous "gentleman" Mitt "McFlake" Romney.  If we ever wind up with a Pharisee like Romney as President, we are toast.

Character does matter.  Romney's vaunted "character" is one of the nastiest examples of spiritual deception. 

I'll take Trump any day over a guy like Romney.  And I am convinced that the majority of conservatives agree with me.  (That includes a lot of former Trump bashers who now believe that Trump is the kind of guy--warts and all--that we need in the White House at this crucial juncture in American history.) 

Offline musiclady

@corbe
@musiclady

The above article--especially the link--illustrates why I regard President Trump as more honorable than the famous "gentleman" Mitt "McFlake" Romney.  If we ever wind up with a Pharisee like Romney as President, we are toast.

Character does matter.  Romney's vaunted "character" is one of the nastiest examples of spiritual deception. 

I'll take Trump any day over a guy like Romney.  And I am convinced that the majority of conservatives agree with me.  (That includes a lot of former Trump bashers who now believe that Trump is the kind of guy--warts and all--that we need in the White House at this crucial juncture in American history.)

Why did you ping me to this??  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline the_doc

Why did you ping me to this??  :shrug:

It's because I posed a question on another thread asking if we should prefer Romney over Trump.  Maybe you missed it.  (Now that I think about it, most of my discussion of your "Character matters" position was with @corbe at the time.)

Many voters would say that Romney has a more noble, conspicuous "character" than Trump.  I beg to differ. 

Offline musiclady

It's because I posed a question on another thread asking if we should prefer Romney over Trump.  Maybe you missed it.  (Now that I think about it, most of my discussion of your "Character matters" position was with @corbe at the time.)

Many voters would say that Romney has a more noble, conspicuous "character" than Trump.  I beg to differ.

I did not voice any support for Romney.

Nonetheless, the fact that you pinged me to argue with me that character doesn't matter, when I didn't make any comparison between the two, is most curious.

I think your conscience may be bothering you a bit...........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't know what everyone's problem is. He is just not being politically correct and saying what a lot of people are thinking. Isn't that what people screamed they wanted? Or do they only want that when it reinforces their beliet, not if it challenges them?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Mr Doobs

Apt, if understated.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What's there not to believe? They gave 20% of their vote to Evan McMullin just to avoid voting for Trump. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OUT OF UTAH, LOU???

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:16:40 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RoosGirl

He won because of his magic undies.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ever article like this just proves how funny those that hate me for being a NTer now don't have a problem with me also previously being a Never McCainer and Never Romnier....

Time proved me right then, it will prove me right now. Character does matter.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:45:13 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@corbe
@musiclady

@the_doc

Absolutely right! 

He's not budging.  And George Herbert Walker Bush is spinning in his grave.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

I don't know what everyone's problem is. He is just not being politically correct and saying what a lot of people are thinking. Isn't that what people screamed they wanted? Or do they only want that when it reinforces their beliet, not if it challenges them?

@ABX

Only the Orange Dear Leader is suppose to be out spoken..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Nonetheless, the fact that you pinged me to argue with me that character doesn't matter, when I didn't make any comparison between the two, is most curious.

OMG @musiclady    Are you being judgmental again?  Thought we were supposed to be nice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ever article like this just proves how funny those that hate me for being a NTer now don't have a problem with me also previously being a Never McCainer and Never Romnier....

Get back to us in 5 or 10 years about that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

If that helps you sleep tight tonight.  Bless your pea picking little heart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the_doc

I have STIPULATED in previous posts that character does matter, and yet you have now maintained that I believe character doesn't matter. 

Sadly, it is axiomatic that confusion feeds contentiousness, and contentiousness feeds confusion.  I'd like for you to reconsider everything in the light of the fact that I can prove that you are completely wrong about what I have clearly stipulated.  Please don't continue to misstate my position as a way of lashing out at me.  It's unseemly on this forum, to say the least.

What I was ultimately suggesting in all of my posts on this topic of Presidential character, what you refused to consider, is that I flatly maintain that Trump has much of the peculiar character that America desperately needs in a POTUS--including polemical ferocity against America's Deep State enemies and shrewdly, courageously tough actions in defense of our Republic. 

I realize that your demanding but arguably too narrow morality position--i.e., the position that frames your own definition of "character"--causes you to overlook these positive traits of your own President.   I cannot help it that you are mightily offended  by Trump's occasional crassness and occasional profanity and pre-White House sexual immorality;  heck, @musiclady, Trump's several faults are more than a little irksome to me, too.  I have repeatedly said that I wished that we had a more conspicuously moral, noble gentleman as POTUS.    Unfortunately for such wishful thinking, God gave us another sort of President--one who is very confrontational and controversial to say the least (not to mention still pretty profane--almost as bad as the average TBR member, in fact).  Don't fail to notice the positives.  Trump is on our side for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

He is also pursuing real justice for our Republic.  Expect quite a few hangings for treason this year.  That is what needs to happen in America.  Trump is one of very few politicians who would have the guts to pursue such justice.  I am optimistic that that's why God set him over us at this time.     

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Right on, doc!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
If that helps you sleep tight tonight.  Bless your pea picking little heart.

Thanks, bless your orange butt kissing heart too. Just don't ask to borrow my chap stick.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can. He is not only a member in good-standing in the Mormon Klan,he is a wealthy and respected one.

Think "Irish Catholic descendants from the northeast voting for anyone named Kennedy" and it makes sense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

That's right.

Offline musiclady

I have STIPULATED in previous posts that character does matter, and yet you have now maintained that I believe character doesn't matter. 

Sadly, it is axiomatic that confusion feeds contentiousness, and contentiousness feeds confusion.  I'd like for you to reconsider everything in the light of the fact that I can prove that you are completely wrong about what I have clearly stipulated.  Please don't continue to misstate my position as a way of lashing out at me.  It's unseemly on this forum, to say the least.

What I was ultimately suggesting in all of my posts on this topic of Presidential character, what you refused to consider, is that I flatly maintain that Trump has much of the peculiar character that America desperately needs in a POTUS--including polemical ferocity against America's Deep State enemies and shrewdly, courageously tough actions in defense of our Republic. 

I realize that your demanding but arguably too narrow morality position--i.e., the position that frames your own definition of "character"--causes you to overlook these positive traits of your own President.   I cannot help it that you are mightily offended  by Trump's occasional crassness and occasional profanity and pre-White House sexual immorality;  heck, @musiclady, Trump's several faults are more than a little irksome to me, too.  I have repeatedly said that I wished that we had a more conspicuously moral, noble gentleman as POTUS.    Unfortunately for such wishful thinking, God gave us another sort of President--one who is very confrontational and controversial to say the least (not to mention still pretty profane--almost as bad as the average TBR member, in fact).  Don't fail to notice the positives.  Trump is on our side for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

He is also pursuing real justice for our Republic.  Expect quite a few hangings for treason this year.  That is what needs to happen in America.  Trump is one of very few politicians who would have the guts to pursue such justice.  I am optimistic that that's why God set him over us at this time.   

Please remember that it was you who pinged me to this thread with two false assumptions on your part, so your pontificating and condescension are both unbecoming and inconsistent with your purposrted moral superiority to the rest of us.

You can make excuses until the cows come home, but your adjustment of the definition of character to suit your political purposes is duly noted.

Now please don't ping me again either to make inappropriate accusations as to what I think or do not think, nor to give me excuses as to what your nouveau explanation of character is.

My tagline remains.  Character matters.  It ALWAYS matters.

And my definition of what character is does not waver with political expediency.  My views are not malleable.

@the_doc

Offline the_doc

My tagline remains.  Character matters.  It ALWAYS matters.

And my definition of what character is does not waver with political expediency.  My views are not malleable.

Oh, I realize that your views are not malleable.  They never are, it seems to me.  (My big-picture views, on the other hand, are subject to change as my humbling insight grows.  Remember:  I was one of the most ardent anti-Trump guys on TBR until he became our President and I discovered what he is planning in order to drain the Swamp that threatens to destroy us utterly at this time in American history.

Anyway, I posted my comments to you--so lurkers can overhear the case.  I have no great hopes that you will see the merits of my position.  It's a pretty difficult pill to swallow.  It just happens to be the correct pill for the mess our nation has gotten into over the past six or seven decades--well before Trump's own epiphany as to what needs to be done.

I believe some of the lurkers on this thread will notice that my position is correct.  God can use a devious, controversial, gutsy, patriotic rascal like Trump to channel His judgment against the Deep State.  My post was merely for their thoughtful consideration.

Everything is probably going to get worse before it gets better.  Fasten your seat belts, lurkers. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:40:50 pm by the_doc »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Character matters, always has, always will.  In regard to Trump's character, he is no different than most wealthy men, but he has proven to be a man of his word with the success he has executed while so many oppose him every step of the way.

I still believe he could be the greatest president this country has ever seen, which was made easy when considering he followed the two worst presidents in out history.  When I did not think it could get worse than Bush, along came Obama, who is the poster man for why we need to amend our Constitution.

I am sorry, but no one in this country should be considered for the office of president at age 35...NO ONE!  And merely being 35 and born in this country is not sufficient criteria for being considered for the highest position in the land!

Offline the_doc

Character matters, always has, always will.  In regard to Trump's character, he is no different than most wealthy men, but he has proven to be a man of his word with the success he has executed while so many oppose him every step of the way.

I still believe he could be the greatest president this country has ever seen, which was made easy when considering he followed the two worst presidents in out history.  When I did not think it could get worse than Bush, along came Obama, who is the poster man for why we need to amend our Constitution.

I am sorry, but no one in this country should be considered for the office of president at age 35...NO ONE!  And merely being 35 and born in this country is not sufficient criteria for being considered for the highest position in the land!

I agree with everything you said except that I wouldn't rank GWB as the second worst POTUS in American history.  I would reserve that honor for Jimmy Carter.