Author Topic: Exculpatory Russia evidence about Mike Flynn that US intel kept secret By John Solomon  (Read 1135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exculpatory Russia evidence about Mike Flynn that US intel kept secret
By John Solomon, opinion contributor — 01/02/19 04:30 PM EST

Sometimes public silence can be deafening or, for that matter, misleading.

For nearly two years now, the intelligence community has kept secret evidence in the Russia collusion case that directly undercuts the portrayal of retired Army general and former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn as a Russian stooge.

That silence was maintained even when former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates publicly claimed Flynn was possibly “compromised” by Moscow.

And when a Democratic senator, Al Franken of Minnesota, suggested the former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) chief posed a “danger to this republic.”

And even when some media outlets opined about whether Flynn’s contacts with Russia were treasonous.

Yes, the Pentagon did give a classified briefing to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) in May 2017, but then it declined the senator’s impassioned plea three months later to make some of that briefing information public.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/423558-exculpatory-russia-evidence-about-mike-flynn-that-us-intel-kept-secret
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Flynn was never charged with any wrongdoing related to the RT event, so the belated revelations about his pre- and post-event conduct won’t have any effect on his sentencing in the court of law.

This is a pointless article. Solomon says he wasn’t charged with anything related to the RT event, then lists things related to the event as exculpatory. The recommendation for no jail time was due to the relatively low sentence guidelines for things in his plea, along with cooperation he provided to the special counsel for over a year, when all is said and done. We have no idea what information he provided concerning activities by other campaign members.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Flynn was never charged with any wrongdoing related to the RT event, so the belated revelations about his pre- and post-event conduct won’t have any effect on his sentencing in the court of law.

This is a pointless article. Solomon says he wasn’t charged with anything related to the RT event, then lists things related to the event as exculpatory. The recommendation for no jail time was due to the relatively low sentence guidelines for things in his plea, along with cooperation he provided to the special counsel for over a year, when all is said and done. We have no idea what information he provided concerning activities by other campaign members.

Flynn was prosecuted for (and pled guilty to lying to investigators).  But, he was investigated for "Russian collusion", which, per John Solomon, didn't happen and the investigators knew it didn't happen.

Offline edpc

Flynn was prosecuted for (and pled guilty to lying to investigators).  But, he was investigated for "Russian collusion", which, per John Solomon, didn't happen and the investigators knew it didn't happen.

No, he was under investigation for being compromised, which he was. Kislyak knew the substance of their conversations and knew Flynn was publicity and privately lying about it. Up until the point he was fired for lying, it was potential leverage against him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, he was under investigation for being compromised, which he was. Kislyak knew the substance of their conversations and knew Flynn was publicity and privately lying about it. Up until the point he was fired for lying, it was potential leverage against him.

Looks like you're addressing someone else's comment.  You didn't address anything I said.

Offline edpc

Looks like you're addressing someone else's comment.  You didn't address anything I said.

But, he was investigated for "Russian collusion"

^^^ Yeah, I did. Was the above posted by someone else? I’m not going to waste any more time on it, playing another game of idiot semantics with you, because you cannot follow your own comments.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:21:41 am by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

But, he was investigated for "Russian collusion"

^^^ Yeah, I did. Was the above posted by someone else? I’m not going to waste any more time on it, playing another game of idiot semantics with you, because you cannot follow your own comments.

Lol.  Whatever, Eddie.  Later...