Author Topic: Washington DC Decriminalizes Metro Fare Evasion; Blames “White Racism” because 91% of Offenders are  (Read 986 times)

rangerrebew

Washington DC Decriminalizes Metro Fare Evasion; Blames “White Racism” because 91% of Offenders are Black
TNO Staff — November 20, 2018 1 comment

The Washington D.C. Council has voted to decriminalize Metro fare evasion after statistics showed that 91 percent of offenders are black, a fact which the council blamed on “white racists” who engage in “disproportionate enforcement” against nonwhites.

According to a report in the Washington Post, the measure, which passed 11 to 2, must be voted on one more time before becoming final.

Under the legislation, criminal fare evasion penalties of up to $300 would be replaced by a $50 civil infraction that would not appear on a criminal record.

Data show fare evasion arrests, citations and warnings have risen dramatically — from 4,000 in 2013 to 15,000 in 2017.

http://newobserveronline.com/washington-dc-decriminalizes-metro-fare-evasion-blames-white-racism-because-91-of-offenders-are-black/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need a set of laws for blacks and another separate but unequal set of laws for whites.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

In fairness shouldn't all city services be free for blacks?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In fairness shouldn't all city services be free for blacks?

I can't wait till whitey is a minority so we can get free stuff.

Offline rustynail

I can't wait till whitey is a minority so we can get free stuff.
7 billion people in the world barley one billion are white.

Offline Wingnut

7 billion people in the world barley one billion are white.

Then we/me truly are the new "gimmedat" people. 

Gimme Dat, Ah Gimme Dat
Ah Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,

Offline andy58-in-nh

Most crimes in cities like D.C., Chicago, and Baltimore are committed by blacks. By the same logic of "disparate enforcement", the perpetrators also ought to be absolved of lawbreaking. To do otherwise would be racist, right? Or is it different because their victims are almost always black, as opposed to the white minority that largely pays for the operation of public transportation, and is thus justly victimized by theft of service?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Ghost wrote:
"We need a set of laws for blacks and another separate but unequal set of laws for whites."

Whether we "need it" or not, that's the direction in which we're headed right now.
It's only a matter of time.