Author Topic: Trump: No Money for Wall, No Signature on Bill to Fund Government  (Read 482 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump: No Money for Wall, No Signature on Bill to Fund Government
Roll Call, Dec 31, 2018

President Donald Trump on Monday evening signaled he would not sign an omnibus spending package House Democrats plan to bring to the floor later this week because it omits dollars for his proposed southern border barrier.

“The Democrats will probably submit a Bill, being cute as always, which gives everything away but gives NOTHING to Border Security, namely the Wall. You see, without the Wall there can be no Border Security — the Tech “stuff” is just, by comparison, meaningless bells & whistles,” he tweeted.

The incoming House Democratic majority plans to vote on a package that would fully fund all other currently shuttered agencies for the remainder of the fiscal year and reopen the Department of Homeland Security until early February — but with no new dollars for a border barrier.

Trump on Monday evening equated border-sealing walls to the wheel, one of mankind’s most important inventions.

“Throughout the ages some things NEVER get better and NEVER change. You have Walls and you have Wheels. It was ALWAYS that way and it will ALWAYS be that way! Please explain to the Democrats that there can NEVER be a replacement for a good old fashioned WALL!” he tweeted.

The president’s rejection of the House Democrats’ package would mean Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell would likely not bring it to a vote. The Kentucky Republican has said there is no point in his chamber holding votes on any shutdown-ending package Trump would not sign.

More:  https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-no-money-wall-no-signature-bill-fund-government

Offline bilo

Re: Trump: No Money for Wall, No Signature on Bill to Fund Government
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »
“The Democrats will probably submit a Bill, being cute as always, which gives everything away but gives NOTHING to Border Security, namely the Wall. You see, without the Wall there can be no Border Security — the Tech “stuff” is just, by comparison, meaningless bells & whistles,” he tweeted.

Trump is right. All the tech stuff can be reduced, or eliminated, by a future Rat POTUS. A wall remains in place regardless of who is in power. A wall may not be perfect, we also need visa enforcement, but it will stop a huge number of illegals and will deter a lot as well.

I'm really with Trump on this and I'm hoping he stays strong. I'm more than a little concerned when I read that Pence offered to settle the issue for 2.5 billion with Schumer. If anything they should signal their determination by increasing their dollar amount.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump: No Money for Wall, No Signature on Bill to Fund Government
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:31:20 pm »
In the famous words of Toto; "Hold The Line.  The wall isn't always on time"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.