Author Topic: Senator Lindsey Graham: Trump in 'Pause Situation' on U.S. Withdrawal From Syria  (Read 273 times)

rangerrebew

Senator Lindsey Graham: Trump in 'Pause Situation' on U.S. Withdrawal From Syria
By Tom Porter On 12/31/18 at 7:17 AM

Senator Lindsey Graham emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump on Sunday saying he felt “a lot better” about U.S. strategy in Syria. The South Carolina senator told reporters that Trump was committed to defeating the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) in Syria, and the president would slow a planned withdrawal of troops from the country.

"We talked about Syria, and he told me some things I didn’t know that made me feel a lot better about where we’re headed in Syria," Graham told reporters gathered outside the White House. “We still have some differences, but I will tell you that the president is thinking long and hard about Syria—how to withdraw our forces but at the same time achieve our national security interests.”

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-slowing-us-troop-withdrawal-syria-ensure-isis-defeat-says-senator-1275127