Author Topic: Deployed US Navy Has a Pregnancy Problem, and It’s Getting Worse  (Read 752 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
From  over a year ago,   Wonder what the numbers are today.

A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness. Further, such increases cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama.

Overall, women unexpectedly leave their stations on Navy ships as much as 50 percent more frequently to return to land duty, according to documents obtained from the Navy. The statistics were compiled by the Navy Personnel Command at the request of TheDCNF, covering the period from January 2015 to September 2016.

https://stream.org/deployed-us-navy-pregnancy-problem-getting-worse/?fbclid=IwAR3IdzGsAaZkTlKxeedtt3r3Q4TILTG2pG-I2uTBAYxIdVT2pOpqeRGrqrM
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Deployed US Navy Has a Pregnancy Problem, and It’s Getting Worse
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:53:28 pm »
It's not just the Navy,although for reasons that shouldn't surprise anyone,the Navy has more pregnancies while deployed than the other services. Boys and girls WILL be boys and girls,and "stuff" happens when you house them together is small spaces with no other options.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:04:19 pm »
I served aboard an aircraft carrier in my Navy days.  When we were in port, my watch duty was normally internal security.  As a game, every time I stood the watch, I would try and find a space I hadn't seen before.  I did that for almost three years and each time was able to find a new space.  The bottom line, there is no problem finding a nice quiet spot for "young lovers" on a ship - as statistics show. wink777

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 01:35:11 pm »
I served aboard an aircraft carrier in my Navy days.  When we were in port, my watch duty was normally internal security.  As a game, every time I stood the watch, I would try and find a space I hadn't seen before.  I did that for almost three years and each time was able to find a new space.  The bottom line, there is no problem finding a nice quiet spot for "young lovers" on a ship - as statistics show. wink777
@rangerrebew

When men and women are together, sex happens.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 01:41:52 pm »
You've got it. happy77

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 06:19:59 pm »
FTA:"Eden believes the policy of increasing women on ships results in failure. “It’s bad policy when you think of ships that have to be battle-ready and then have to transfer women off for pregnancy — something that has to do with controlled behavior or voluntary behavior,” she said."

Yep, if they willfully engage in behavior that puts their ship or crew in a less than combat ready status, punish them, don't reward them.  You keep "rewarding" this kind of willful negligence and you'll keep getting more of it.

Same as the fella (he'd been warned) who got drunk and fell asleep on the beach and ended up with a sun burn so bad it resulted in "sun poisoning".  Couldn't work for weeks as a result.  He rec'd an Article 15 NJP, reduction in rank, loss of pay and 15 days confinement.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 06:23:06 pm »
When this ship is a  rockin, don't bother attackin.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 09:09:30 pm »
@rangerrebew

When men and women are together, sex happens.
As we have had shoved in our faces for years by the left, when humans get together for extended periods of time sex happens, but only when men and women 'get together' do babies happen.