Author Topic: Runnin' Down A Dream, Part 3 - Mexico's Plan To Revive Their Crude Oil Refining Sector  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Runnin' Down A Dream, Part 3 - Mexico's Plan To Revive Their Crude Oil Refining Sector

Thursday, 12/20/2018
Published by: Laura Blewitt

While U.S. refineries are again running hot and heavy after the end of this year’s seasonal fall maintenance period, Mexico’s refineries have continued to struggle to operate at more than 30% of their capacity, a decline that is exacerbated by that country’s tumbling oil production. In recent years, Mexico’s dismal refinery utilization rate has been a boon for U.S. refiners on the Gulf Coast who can ship, pipe or truck gasoline to America’s southern neighbor in short order. Now, Mexico’s new president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO), is pushing to solve Mexico’s refinery problems by building a new one. Today, we discuss Mexico’s growing dependence on U.S. gasoline, and whether building a new refinery south of the border will change things...

Excerpt.  Much more at link: https://rbnenergy.com/runnin-down-a-dream-part-3-mexicos-plan-to-revive-their-crude-oil-refining-sector
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I found this article quite interesting an hope others will as well.  Good news for Texas if it happens.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Joe Wooten

Mexico's corruption problem will doom the dream

Offline thackney

I found this article quite interesting an hope others will as well.  Good news for Texas if it happens.

Why would this be good news for Texas?  Mexico's refineries are in such dismal shape Texas sends a lot of refined product across the border.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Mexico's corruption problem will doom the dream

Exactly, who will pay for this?  US and other countries selling pumps, vessels, motors and valves are not going to accept a Mexican IOU.

One of the companies I worked for did coker units for refineries.  We would get a cash payment from PEMEX, work until it ran out, then wait for the next payment, often 6~9 months.  A 2 year job may take 6~8 years.  Some of the equipment would set outside unprotected in Mexico for years and be rusted out junk before it was put in service.  Amazing lack of caring from so many people.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Joe Wooten

Exactly, who will pay for this?  US and other countries selling pumps, vessels, motors and valves are not going to accept a Mexican IOU.

One of the companies I worked for did coker units for refineries.  We would get a cash payment from PEMEX, work until it ran out, then wait for the next payment, often 6~9 months.  A 2 year job may take 6~8 years.  Some of the equipment would set outside unprotected in Mexico for years and be rusted out junk before it was put in service.  Amazing lack of caring from so many people.

Yep. Mexico would be a wealthy nation, but the corruptocrats steal everything to feather their own nests.