Author Topic: Rush: A Great Day for the Swamp: Dems Get Everything, Trump Gets Less Than Nothing  (Read 760 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

A Great Day for the Swamp: Dems Get Everything, Trump Gets Less Than Nothing

Dec 19, 2018

RUSH: All right. Will somebody explain something to me? Somebody explain to me how we have, apparently, for years and years and years been trying to get a criminal justice or prison reform bill, and it happened with bipartisan support, 87 votes in the Senate. Now it goes over to the House where it’s gonna pass. It’s not a big issue as far as the general public is concerned. Some special interests have made a big deal about it. It happens. It didn’t take much effort to get it passed. It didn’t take much debate whatsoever.

It’s an important issue to some people, Jared Kushner and others. He’s got a personal attachment to it. His father was unfairly imprisoned, he believes, and a lot of people that… I mean, it’s not a worthless piece of legislation. How in the hell does this get passed with now controversy, no opposition, no problem? I mean, Washington came together to pass this thing in like 10 minutes. Meanwhile, $5 billion, a measly $5 billion — when compared to the size of the federal budget for border security — is an impossibility. Somebody needs to explain to me how this happened.

I know you people are looking to me to explain it to you, and don’t worry. I’m being rhetorical here. I have an explanation for this. But it’s just… It’s the kind of thing that just rubs me raw, it sends people into orbit because something that substantiate on somebody’s primary watch list, some issue that it’s not having a national clamor to get this done, an issue that primarily benefits 187,000 people and whoever their political sponsors are just sails through.

The point is it can be done on something the American public is not even really aware of, not clamoring for, and doesn’t know when it’s happened. There’s some news stories: “Senate Easily Passed Trump-Backed Criminal Justice Reform Bill.” There are 87 votes in the Senate for it, and yet things the American people have expressed for decades that they want, have voted over and over and over again to say that they want, have sent somebody to Washington from outside the political system to get done, and there’s no hope.

There’s not a shining chance that this is gonna get done. And they gloat and they applaud and they celebrate in Washington over this. Some of this stuff is just so frustrating and maddening and defies any kind of common sense explanation. This is swamp behavior at its best. This is the greatest illustration of how much of a game all of this actually is. We’re made to think that it’s cutthroat and real. And, meanwhile, it’s just all a game, how this stuff happens, in Congress, in the House, in the Senate in Washington.

It looks like a lot of people’s worst fears may be realized and that the president is getting ready to cave on getting any money for the wall in the current budget. In fact, TheHill.com — the Capitol Hill newspaper — is claiming, quote, “Trump’s Concession Paves the Way for Lawmakers to Reach a Compromise and End This Congress,” meaning the Republican-controlled Congress, “Without a Partial Government Shutdown.” That’s been the objective, to end this Congress without a shutdown? That’s how we’re gonna define success?

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/19/a-great-day-for-the-swamp-dems-get-everything-trump-gets-less-than-nothing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34