Author Topic: Treasury secretary: Trump's middle-class tax cut on hold  (Read 369 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Treasury secretary: Trump's middle-class tax cut on hold
« on: December 19, 2018, 02:44:33 am »
Treasury secretary: Trump's middle-class tax cut on hold
by Katelyn Caralle
 | December 18, 2018 08:53 PM

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a 10 percent tax cut for the middle class President Trump called for ahead of the midterm elections is on the back burner.

"I'm not going to comment on whether it is a real thing or not a real thing," Mnuchin told Bloomberg in an interview Tuesday. "I'm saying, for the moment, we have other things we're focused on."

Mnuchin said that the administration is putting the middle-class tax cut on the back-burner while the Department of the Treasury works with Congress on “some minor technical corrections,” like fixing mistakes in the 2017 tax overhaul.

Trump said in late October that he would introduce a “resolution” for a middle-class tax cut, on top of last year's tax reform, before the midterm elections. No such resolution was proposed.

Trump made the vague announcement days before the midterm elections to alleviate concerns that Democrats raised over the GOP tax plan, which they claimed would benefit corporations and the wealthy more than middle-class Americans.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/treasury-secretary-trumps-middle-class-tax-cut-on-hold
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Treasury secretary: Trump's middle-class tax cut on hold
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:01:29 am »
"I'm not going to comment on whether it is a real thing or not a real thing," Mnuchin told Bloomberg in an interview Tuesday. "I'm saying, for the moment, we have other things we're focused on.”

That means it’s not a real thing and never was.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Treasury secretary: Trump's middle-class tax cut on hold
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 03:23:59 am »

That means it’s not a real thing and never was.

But he has 10.6 billion for Mexico and Honduras.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.