Author Topic: Mnuchin downplays Trump's talk of middle-class tax cut  (Read 1063 times)

Offline corbe

Mnuchin downplays Trump's talk of middle-class tax cut
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:42:04 pm »
Mnuchin downplays Trump's talk of middle-class tax cut

By Naomi Jagoda - 12/18/18 05:30 PM EST

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Tuesday downplayed the chances for a middle-class tax cut like the one President Trump called for in the weeks before November's midterm elections.

“I’m not going to comment on whether it is a real thing or not a real thing,” Mnuchin said in an interview with Bloomberg. “I’m saying for the moment we have other things we’re focused on.”

Trump in October said he was planning to propose a 10-percent tax cut for middle-class families – remarks that took many in Washington by surprise at the time.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/421972-mnuchin-downplays-trumps-talk-of-middle-class-tax-cut
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Re: Mnuchin downplays Trump's talk of middle-class tax cut
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 08:58:53 am »
Honestly, I don't want some lame tax cut.  I want real reform.  But no one in DC -- Trump and the Republicans included -- really wants that. 

More lies and broken oromises.

Offline DB

Re: Mnuchin downplays Trump's talk of middle-class tax cut
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:40:18 am »
If we don't cut spending our standard of living is going to be further destroyed regardless of taxes. We've been spending our future and you can't do that indefinitely.