Author Topic: How Never-Trumpers Have Become Unhinged  (Read 3051 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: How Never-Trumpers Have Become Unhinged
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 08:43:05 pm »
My thoughts exactly. With the recent closure of the American Spectator . . .
@BassWrangler
I think you mean The Weekly Standardwink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 09:14:56 pm »
...that last Budget Vote for example. 
@corbe
You have to remember that, long before the current Congress and administration, it was as George F. Will once isolated (in 1978): Today's conservative has reached into his heart of hearts, prayed hard, and decided it was high time that the government cut his neighbour's benefits.

Remember, too, that President Tweety isn't the first (actual or alleged) Republican president about whom his sycophancy sought to dismiss his skeptics as suffering from a derangement syndrome. Nor the first president, period. Derangement syndromes were first diagnosed by Democrats regarding even the more temperate, reasoned, and logical critics of Droopy-Drawers Clinton. They were next diagnosed by Republicans regarding even the more temperate, reasoned, and logical critics of President Lips II. (Even when it came to Republicans who objected to the metastatic spending when Lips II had a whole Republican Congress, both houses, to work with---and they made drunken sailors resemble misers; or, to those who objected reasonably when Lips II was damn fool enough to sign McCain-Feingold even though he knew and admitted publicly months earlier that it violated the First Amendment.) They were next diagnosed by Democrats regarding (stop me if you've heard this before) even the more temperate, reasoned, and logical critics of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States.

It is a too-well-entrenched syndrome (if you'll pardon the expression) for those to whom a particular president is a temporal deity to dismiss any critique of said deity as evidence that the critic in question---whether a well-circulated, well-paid commentator, or a mere denizen of a politically inclined online forum---cannot possibly be a reasoning critic but must surely be afflicted with a derangement syndrome. And they are often blissfully unaware that there just might be those to whom their very fealty to said temporal deity might be just as easily dismissable as a derangement syndrome, even if the reasoning critics of their idol are usually too (I hate to use an obscenity in public) polite and temperate to call it such. The merest demurral from their deity's pronouncements or acts, on whatever grounds, is jumped as if according to a script as fresh evidence that the demurrer can only be afflicted with derangement syndrome.

Once upon a time, a certain magazine pronounced in its opening statement that liberals spoke often about hearing other points of view but were shocked to discover that there were other points of view. Contemporarily, the disciples of their temporal presidential deities speak a little (if at all) about hearing other points of view but become different shades of maniacal upon discovering that there are other points of view. And that's without reminding anyone still capable of rubbing together two brain cells that, as regards the incumbent temporal presidential deity, President Tweety going in was the kind of man a) they would have denounced post haste if he'd run as a Democrat; and, b) who made Droopy-Drawers Clinton resemble a monk. (Now, I wonder: If he'd been a Democratic president, what would they have thought about the fact that only once during his inaugural address did he use the word "freedom," the same as His Excellency [though Obama did use the word "liberty" twice], and once less than Droopy-Drawers, as compared to 27 times the word turned up in President Lips II's inaugural address, four times in his father's, eight times in Ronald Reagan's, and even three times by Mr. Peanut?)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 09:20:04 pm »
   Excellent analysis @EasyAce
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:09 pm »
@corbe
Thank you!

I can still remember trying to convince people to read these books and being denounced as suffering either Bush Derangement Syndrome or Obama Derangement Syndrome . . .

The Cult of the Presidency and False Idol, by the way, are now available free at the Cato Institute. I only wish this book were available free likewise:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:38:23 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 09:32:29 pm »
Wow, I can't believe how some here have such animosity for others, almost like TOS, they just have to

With so much to fight with the democrats who should be our adversary why do some insist on doing the democrats work to divide us?

I think quite simply that sadly though it appears that some really enjoy that :pondering:

Great post @GtHawk.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 09:42:23 pm »

No it's not.   :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 09:43:45 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 09:47:08 pm »
No it's not.   :laugh:

Very compelling reasoning.

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2018, 09:50:35 pm »

Yes it is.  9999hair out0000

A lot of words without a point is not a good analysis.   333cleo

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 09:52:29 pm »
Very compelling reasoning.

That’s about as deep a thought as you’re likely to get
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 10:01:37 pm »
That’s about as deep a thought as you’re likely to get

Hi, sweetie!  Good to see you @Axeslinger   Merry Christmas to you and yours!!   **present

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2018, 10:05:12 pm »
When your movement is being lead by someone who is about to go out of business (Bill Krystol), a guy that caravaned across the country looking for a place that would elect him (Mitt Romney) and a guy who has a show that is so lowly rated his mom doesn't even watch (Morning Joe) you are so far in the weeds you've become a dead ender.

Offline corbe

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2018, 10:12:17 pm »
   When your movement is led by a guy that hired Omarossa not once but 3 times your so lost in the woods it's hopeless @Frank Cannon

Out in the Woods/Leon Russell

Sorry...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2018, 10:39:36 pm »
   When your movement is led by a guy that hired Omarossa not once but 3 times your so lost in the woods it's hopeless

She is still 10 times smarter than any nation Never Trump leader you can name.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2018, 11:00:55 pm »
After the Kavanaugh hearings, many people who had previously questioned President Trump came home to the Republican Party.  They saw the savagery of the Dems against the former member of the Bush administration

This is funny coming from the same people who booed Bush at the Republican National Convention.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2018, 11:32:51 pm »
Threads like this are the reason why THE VERY LAST forums I check here at the briefingroom are "Editorials" and "Politics" (dead last)...

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2018, 11:47:05 pm »
   Those are the first two I check @Fishrrman and your non presence is duly noted.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2018, 11:57:02 pm »
Secondly.... just because folks that "have concerns over Trump's judgment" rallied around Kavanaugh during the witch-hunt hearings.... doesn't mean that we/they "came home to the Republican Party".   But... nice dream there.

There it is. The witch hunt causes one to have to rise up and defend what would otherwise be mediocre at best. The narrative is pumped and pimped to take that to mean 'Republicans are right, Trump is awesome, and Kavanaugh is awesome too'... When in truth, all of it is bullcrap, and the only thing causing unrest was a flag on the play.

This is done over and again to gin up the numbers. Gin up the story. The Kavanaugh thing is a very transparent example.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 12:05:49 am »
   I will certainly admit that my posting history indicates that I have become somewhat more 'unhinged' in the last week or two here. I'm just so damn disappointed that at this years end we have so little to show for having a majority in both houses of Congress + the Executive for 2 years and the icing on the cake is that somehow I as a NT'er is to blame. Holidays usually depress me so I'll get over it soon, unless I'm banned then we'll never know will we.

Hey @corbe ... You're among friends... One thing this comic tragedy has proven is who the true, rock-ribbed, dyed-in-the-wool Conservatives are... Those that will not budge an inch from the principles they stand upon - And you friend, are among those that are the very cream.

So kick back and relax, do the best you can - Like constipation, this too shall pass.

Offline corbe

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:55 am »
Hey @corbe ... You're among friends... One thing this comic tragedy has proven is who the true, rock-ribbed, dyed-in-the-wool Conservatives are... Those that will not budge an inch from the principles they stand upon - And you friend, are among those that are the very cream.

So kick back and relax, do the best you can - Like constipation, this too shall pass.

Thanks @roamer_1 I too consider you one of the finest here.  I am so grateful Myst allows us to wallow around in here.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 12:30:09 am »

I prefer purgatory where I can pick on both sides.

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 12:36:01 am »
I prefer purgatory where I can pick on both sides.

I love that about you too @RoosGirl

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2018, 12:40:56 am »
Threads like this are the reason why THE VERY LAST forums I check here at the briefingroom are "Editorials" and "Politics" (dead last)...

That's a pity, @Fishrrman, because I value you political observations very highly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2018, 12:56:25 am »
Apparently presenting the other side of an argument is "stirring the pot".   Well, maybe it is, but isn't this rather the point of a political forum --- or should every negative presentation of the President go unchallenged?
I apologize, because I said I would not respond to you again, but then I asked you to put me on ignore since your are such a partisan hack. Where in my post did I make an inference to one side or another? You take a general statement of my distaste of topics in this vain and put your partisan hack twist on it. Now kindly put me on ignore and and go twist yourself into a tizzy without me.

Oh Merry Christmas :tree3:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2018, 01:03:48 am »
I apologize, because I said I would not respond to you again, but then I asked you to put me on ignore since your are such a partisan hack. Where in my post did I make an inference to one side or another? You take a general statement of my distaste of topics in this vain and put your partisan hack twist on it. Now kindly put me on ignore and and go twist yourself into a tizzy without me.

Oh Merry Christmas :tree3:

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:04:37 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: