Author Topic: ‘Queer Lights’ coming to UMass-Amherst  (Read 535 times)

rangerrebew

‘Queer Lights’ coming to UMass-Amherst
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:12:02 pm »

Cory Compton
Michigan Campus Correspondent on Dec 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM EDT

The University of Massachusetts-Amherst is offering a course in which students will "cast light-building LGBTQA-themed electronic light displays."

"Queer Lights" will be taught by David McLaughlin, a professor who has received a TIDE (Teaching for Inclusiveness, Diversity, and Equity) Ambassadorship.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11642
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:12:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: ‘Queer Lights’ coming to UMass-Amherst
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 02:27:20 pm »

Cory Compton
Michigan Campus Correspondent on Dec 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM EDT

The University of Massachusetts-Amherst is offering a course in which students will "cast light-building LGBTQA-themed electronic light displays."

"Queer Lights" will be taught by David McLaughlin, a professor who has received a TIDE (Teaching for Inclusiveness, Diversity, and Equity) Ambassadorship.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11642

Lesbian lasers, perhaps? Whatever. In the words of the late poet Robert Service, the sky will be "queerly lit"...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:29:52 pm »
I read the article, and I still don't understand what "Queer Lighting Displays" are.  Would I be able to tell if a light display was designed by homosexuals by looking at it?  How?  Do I want to know?

Wouldn't that be stereotyping homosexuals?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 10:08:47 pm »
The Republic is lost.