Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 34666 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2018, 09:51:16 pm »

Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin wrote:

It was wonderful to see the change soon made in the manners of our inhabitants. From being thoughtless or indifferent about religion, it seemed as if all the world were growing religious, so that one could not walk thro’ the town in an evening without hearing psalms sung in different families of every street.

On matters of education, in 1750 Franklin wrote to Dr. Samuel Johnson, the first president of King’s College (now Columbia University):

I think with you, that nothing is of more importance for the public weal, than to form and train up youth in wisdom and virtue.... I think also, general virtue is more probably to be expected and obtained from the education of youth, than from the exhortation of adult persons; bad habits and vices of the mind being, like diseases of the body, more easily prevented than cured.

I think, moreover, that talents for the education of youth are the gift of God; and that he on whom they are bestowed, whenever a way is opened for the use of them, is as strongly called as if heard a voice from heaven.

Franklin wrote in his Autobiography this prayer that he prayed every day:

O powerful goodness! Bountiful Father! Merciful Guide! Increase in me that wisdom which discovers my truest interest. Strengthen my resolution to perform what that wisdom dictates. Accept my kind offices to thy other children as the only return in my power for thy continual favors to me.

Wouldn’t that be a wonderful nonsectarian prayer for school children to recite each day? It is said that Franklin was a Deist. He had been brought up and educated as a Presbyterian, but he rejected many of the doctrines of the Presbyterian faith. But he writes in his Autobiography:

I never doubted, for instance, the existence of the Deity; that he made the world, and governed it by his Providence; that the most acceptable service of God was the doing good to man; that our souls are immortal; and that all crime will be punished, and virtue rewarded, either here or hereafter.

In July 1776, Franklin was appointed to a committee to draft a seal for the newly formed United States. He proposed:

Moses lifting up his wand, and dividing the red sea, and pharaoh in his chariot overwhelmed with the waters. This motto: "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

In 1787 Franklin wrote in a letter:

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

At the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Franklin, disturbed by the bitter debates among the delegates, said in a speech to the convention:

I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth—that God Governs in the affairs of men....

We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that "except the Lord build the House, they labor in vain that build it."...

I therefore beg leave to move—that henceforth prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessing on our deliberations, be held in this Assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the clergy of this city be requested to officiate in that service............

https://chalcedon.edu/magazine/the-founding-fathers-on-religion-and-morality

Is this the same Ben Franklin who was a member of the Hellfire sex club in London and was known to frequent brothels over there as well?

Few Americans ever come across these aphorisms offered by Franklin through Poor Richard:

''After three days men grow weary of a wench, a guest & weather rainy.''

''Neither a Fortress nor a maidenhead will hold out long after they begin to parley.''

''She that paints her Face thinks of her Tail.''

Franklin often philosophized that it was important for a man to be reasonable-since it enabled him to find a reason for doing anything he wanted to do. But Franklin himself was frightened by his sexual appetite, admitting in his autobiography that ''the hard-to-be-governed passion of my youth had hurried me frequently into intrigues with low women that fell in my way.''

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1990-05-06-9002070774-story.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2018, 10:05:05 pm »
Is this the same Ben Franklin who was a member of the Hellfire sex club in London and was known to frequent brothels over there as well?

Few Americans ever come across these aphorisms offered by Franklin through Poor Richard:

''After three days men grow weary of a wench, a guest & weather rainy.''

''Neither a Fortress nor a maidenhead will hold out long after they begin to parley.''

''She that paints her Face thinks of her Tail.''

Franklin often philosophized that it was important for a man to be reasonable-since it enabled him to find a reason for doing anything he wanted to do. But Franklin himself was frightened by his sexual appetite, admitting in his autobiography that ''the hard-to-be-governed passion of my youth had hurried me frequently into intrigues with low women that fell in my way.''

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1990-05-06-9002070774-story.html

Chicago Tribune.  Fake news Frank!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2018, 10:07:24 pm »
Chicago Tribune.  Fake news Frank!

It's pretty common knowledge that Franklin liked his women. He writes about it in some of his books and letters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2018, 10:09:30 pm »
Yeah? Well, put mine up on the store shelf right alongside them.

Stale? I'll tell you what's STALE here.

The endless oohing and ahhing over every potential transaction of money, no matter how much, that could unleash another Methane Storm from Oberfartgesturming Inspector Mueller.

The bleacher sections here who are continually reaching for their oxygen masks because they're hyperventilating in a human wave over what MIGHT get Trump Impeached.

2 Years now and they're all still dry humping a concrete dock post. 

Now here's the post of the day @To-Whose-Benefit? !!   888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2018, 10:11:31 pm »
It's pretty common knowledge that Franklin liked his women. He writes about it in some of his books and letters.

The best time of his life was when Franklin was Ambassador to France.  And it had nothing to do with politics.   88devil

Offline the_doc

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »

That's what I've heard, too.  I don't think Franklin bothered to hide it.  He respected Christianity a great deal, but evidently never partook of it for himself.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2018, 10:27:21 pm »
@sneakypete I happen to respect @Chosen Daughter as a member of this forum and I consider her a friend.  She has a difference of opinion (which she is entitled to) and I honestly believe she would be absolutely elated if the wall was built. 

She has made some valid points though, if as much of the wall was built as Trump has declared, the number of caravans and illegal crossings would  be down. IMHO does that make him a bad President?  No.

I was merely trying to point out that we also have 535 members of Congress who ARE also responsible. 

Thank you @libertybele .

I stand with President Trump and I am appalled at what the left has thrown at him....no need to state further what I've already said.

Peace.

Of course I do blame Congress and Senate as well.  In fact I find them repulsive.  Because our elected officials are supposed to uphold the laws of the United States of America.  They take an oath but instead their business is lobbyist, and who can get the Hispanic vote.  They work for themselves instead of upholding laws and creating laws that benefit its citizens who they highly tax.  Then we talk about prison reform legislation.  It is easy to see why we have an overpopulation in our prisons.  They think the best way is to release felons from our prisons early?

December 21, 2017 5:52PM

New Report on Illegal Immigrant Criminality Reveals Little & Admits Its Own Shortcomings

By Alex Nowrasteh 

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) today released a report that found that about 94 percent of foreign-born inmates in Federal prisons are illegal immigrants.  That is not surprising, as illegal immigrants convicted of an immigration offense are incarcerated in federal prison and account 7.3 percent of all inmates.  Likewise, drug traffickers who cross international borders are also in federal prison and account 46.3 percent of all prisoners.  Thus, illegal immigrants are overrepresented in federal prison because the federal government enforces immigration laws and many drug trafficking laws but only a small fraction of all those incarcerated for all crimes committed in the U.S. are in federal prisons.

The authors of this DHS/DOJ report do deserve credit for highlighting its shortcomings.  On the first page, it states:

This report does not include data on the foreign-born or alien populations in state prisons and local jails because state and local facilities do not routinely provide DHS or DOJ with comprehensive information about their inmates and detainees.  This limitation is noteworthy because state and local facilities account for approximately 90 percent of the total U.S. incarcerated population.

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-report-illegal-immigrant-criminality-reveals-little-admits-its-own-shortcomings

94% of foreign born Federal prisoners are illegal.  That is staggering, and doesn't even account for state prison populations which hide the statistics.  The things our government will do to get cheep labor for greedy corporations.  Or making sure that they get the Hispanic vote!

It is Jared Kushner heading up the prison legislation.  I give Tom Cotton credit for opposing this piece of legislation that would set more criminals free onto our streets.

So in conclusion that I have acknowledge corruption in House and Senate that has made it impossible to build the border wall.  And BTW a wall is not nearly enough.  We have to stop the lure.  Stop the free stuff and chain migration.  But here is where I hold the President responsible.....the times he said he wouldn't sign funding but did.  It appears that is his best option because government is corrupt.  He could have done it and he didn't.  Now it is thrice worse with a Democratic Congress coming in.  By holding off he has made it much harder.

So, that is the immigration.  Now about Planned Parenthood.  People of faith made Trump victorious in the last election.  I don't know who they were fooling with Kavanaugh but even Susan Collins knew he would not deliver for people of faith.  I think it could be a very likely outcome that Trump will not be elected in 2020.  I am not talking about impeachment.  But I certainly do not like him.  I don't like who he is or his immoral behavior.  I think it is quite possible that he did rape that girl at a Jeffrey Epstein party but we will never know because it will never go to court.  I think he is a sick SOB.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:28:44 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2018, 11:03:56 pm »
That's what I've heard, too.  I don't think Franklin bothered to hide it.  He respected Christianity a great deal, but evidently never partook of it for himself.

Well I don't know about hellfire club, but I thought this explained his beliefs.  While not really being a Christian he was raise Puritan.  He did believe in Gods hand in government.  He did believe in prayer and God, but denied deity....

http://christianworldviewpress.com/was-benjamin-franklin-a-christian/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2018, 11:26:21 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

You just keep telling yourselves that as you worship at your Bush shrines.

You don't know me.  You just make this stuff up as you go.  I was the same with Bush as I am with Trump.  As fair as I believe he deserved.  I know he was a globalist.  You know I am not.  I know that he was for open borders.  You know I am not.

Your posts are meaningless.  I always say what I believe even when it is unpopular.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2018, 11:52:30 pm »
skeeter wrote:
"I support Trump. But if I didn't I hope I would be perceptive enough to realize that there's no going back to the days where Bush & Dole ran the party. There just aren't enough voters in that demographic anymore.
If its not Trump it'll be somebody else the GOPe hates, or it'll be a democrat."

^^^^^
This.

Well, the Pubbies could go back to the Bush/Dole days.
Then they'll be back in the minority -- FOREVER.
But, hey... most of 'em seem to LIKE IT there.

(as do the mealy-mouthed anti-Trumpers right here also)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:01:36 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2018, 12:00:33 am »
The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters

His incompetence and incoherence guarantees that he'll be a one-term president.

By Robert W. Merry • December 13, 2018

The saddest victims of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential victory, it now seems .  .  .

Stopped reading once I saw the liberal word 'seems'.  Tell me what it is - not what you feel it is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:00 am »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2018, 12:12:49 am »
You were wondering about what wall has been built @libertybele .  Here is this bizarre letter from DHS describing the few miles here and there.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

I think that the migrants can walk around a 2 mile wall, but they won't be coming through the new one.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:46 am »
This is absurd.  We have two conservative justices and tax reform.  I agree that Trump's style leaves a lot to be desired.  But he has gotten some things done, including things (like tariffs) that I do not personally support.

fixed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2018, 12:31:05 am »
Yep.  And it will be so until the end of his encumbered presidency.

That's why character always matters.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2018, 12:34:28 am »
You mean like the stained glass, high-minded, SJW intersectional political correctness like the libs project?

The 'compassionate conservatism' that is simply nothing but let everybody come in and suck on the teat, but have a strong military and give great speeches?

You can be as above reproach, high minded, sonorous and stained glass in composure, eloquent in every word, and still not accomplish a damn thing.

This is the problem with many of the NT'ers - they are so enraptured by soaring rhetoric that they are completely incapable of having the grit and tenacity it takes to move the ball under our Constitutional system.

No, we mean CONSERVATISM. Actual bare-boned non-hyphenated Conservatism. It is the only thing that will 'get stuff done', and the only 'right stuff'.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2018, 12:39:16 am »
No, no, no, with those folks it’s all or nothing at all.

It’s imperative constitutional conservatives speak up in support President Trump and take every opportunity to expose the media lies and partisan political attacks. Instead they damn him with faint praise and often join the chorus of hate, suspicion and innuendo.

That's because Constitutional Conservatives support things that are... constitutional.
Principled Conservatives are wed to principle, not people... The very principles all y'all have thrown under the bus. And yet you demand their support.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2018, 12:40:48 am »
The biggest losers of the Trump's presidency : the new world order crowd. And a damn good reason to stick with him.

Tump IS the New World Order crowd.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2018, 12:42:35 am »
@corbe

And yall ate it UP!

No, we laughed our asses of at him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:56 am »
And that's the point. If he acts, he's a dictator. If he doesn't, he's broken his promises.

But be sure, the NT'ers and #Resistance will blame him either way, because they oppose him on ideological grounds that reflect more on them than him.

No, but because believe it or not, the buck always stops at the top.
The blame always rests on the leader. Just as the credit would, if there were any.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2018, 12:49:10 am »
Imagine millions of courageous conservatives rising up to reignite the promise of America!!

Start with a Conservative leader.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2018, 12:58:01 am »
Start with a Conservative leader.

Well, unfortunately Ted didn't win the nomination.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2018, 12:58:59 am »
You were wondering about what wall has been built @libertybele .  Here is this bizarre letter from DHS describing the few miles here and there.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

I think that the migrants can walk around a 2 mile wall, but they won't be coming through the new one.

Thanks for the info ... obviously lots and lots of wall needs to be built.

The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2018, 01:12:25 am »
Well, unfortunately Ted didn't win the nomination.   :patriot:

There ya go.
Asking conservatives to toe the party line behind a NYC liberal lifetime Democrat is what is beyond absurd. Demanding it, all the more so.

Especially when most Conservatives are no longer in the party.

Likewise, asking Conservatives to fall in line in a movement that is destroying the very principles upon which we stand is equally absurd.

The best you will get is a golf clap from the sidelines now and then, when by some quirk of fate, the idiot actually does something right.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:13:23 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2018, 01:14:21 am »
Likewise, asking Conservatives to fall in line in a movement that is destroying the very principles upon which we stand is equally absurd.

And doing so while continuing to mock us for supporting a loser like Cruz.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-