Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 34690 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2018, 08:40:30 pm »
It truly amazes me that judgement is being passed without the President even finishing his second year of his first term and people are ignoring the accomplishments.

The Pod People HAVE to whine about Trump because if they were to acknowledge what he HAS accomplished in less than two years,they would be forced to admit it was more positive pro-American things than the combined terms of two Bush Crime Family presidents.

All that without invading a single foreign country to please the Corporate Communists that control the Congressional puppet strings.

@Chosen Daughter while I too am very concerned with the character of the man, his morality issues AND our open borders and still no wall, try to recognize the fact that WE have 535 members of Congress that ARE responsible for no wall.  He is the President but he still has to go through Congress.  He just recently signed a new bill on making asylum more difficult yet it was challenged in court and overruled. 

False Flag issue. She just whines about "No Wall" because it's all she has and she wants to be bitchy. The truth is she would be horrified if the wall were already built,and be bitching about it.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2018, 08:40:53 pm »
Ask Mitch and Paul Ryan, the legislative leaders of the other branch of our Separate But Equal govt.

No.  Sorry.  Trumpie-bear promised us a big, beautiful wall. And he promised that his negotiation skills were second to none. 

If he can’t get the wall, that’s all on him. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2018, 08:40:55 pm »
@musiclady

I am sure  you have been programmed to believe that,but it just ain't true. Freedom of and FROM relgion is why many of them came here to start with. It's loons like you that want to bring back the church tribunals. All because you have convinced yourself that no matter how evil you are at your core,that is your ticket to heaven and life forever.

This country was founded upon Christian principles and values period.  Taxes anyone?  Perhaps one also needs to look at modern day France.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »
Though a moderator report was not filed @sneakypete please refrain from calling other members a liar.  Thank you.

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2018, 08:43:08 pm »
This country was founded upon Christian principles and values period.  Taxes anyone?  Perhaps one also needs to look at modern day France.

No, actually, it wasn’t.  The Founders may have been Christian, but they went out of their way to build this county upon nonsectarian principles that, they believed, all reasonable people would agree to no matter their religion (or lack thereof). 

Ask Thomas Jefferson, to start with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2018, 08:44:04 pm »
Though a moderator report was not filed @sneakypete please refrain from calling other members a liar.  Thank you.

MOD8

If you will go back and check,you will see that I was responding to a poster that called me a liar.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »

The Pod People HAVE to whine about Trump because if they were to acknowledge what he HAS accomplished in less than two years,they would be forced to admit it was more positive pro-American things than the combined terms of two Bush Crime Family presidents.

All that without invading a single foreign country to please the Corporate Communists that control the Congressional puppet strings.

False Flag issue. She just whines about "No Wall" because it's all she has and she wants to be bitchy. The truth is she would be horrified if the wall were already built,and be bitching about it.

@sneakypete I happen to respect @Chosen Daughter as a member of this forum and I consider her a friend.  She has a difference of opinion (which she is entitled to) and I honestly believe she would be absolutely elated if the wall was built. 

She has made some valid points though, if as much of the wall was built as Trump has declared, the number of caravans and illegal crossings would  be down. IMHO does that make him a bad President?  No.

I was merely trying to point out that we also have 535 members of Congress who ARE also responsible. 

I stand with President Trump and I am appalled at what the left has thrown at him....no need to state further what I've already said.

Peace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2018, 08:49:53 pm »
No.  Sorry.  Trumpie-bear promised us a big, beautiful wall. And he promised that his negotiation skills were second to none. 

Ok ... you can lay the entire blame on him.  IMHO that only feeds the monsters on the left.  They want this division among the GOP voting base.  Right now (other than election fraud) that's their only chance of winning.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »
No, actually, it wasn’t.  The Founders may have been Christian, but they went out of their way to build this county upon nonsectarian principles that, they believed, all reasonable people would agree to no matter their religion (or lack thereof). 

@Oceander

888high58888

In addition,not all of them were Christians. Even the ones that called themselves Christians were not always actual Christians. They had to call themselves that and play that game in order to do business back then. It was either than or be shunned as a  follower of Satan. Mostly because the European countries the FF came from where all religion police states.

Except for the Jews,of course. They were also Jews in Europe,but they had been outsiders for 1,000+ years and had adapted to the system by working the fields they were allowed to work,and sticking together. An assumed Christian that made a public announcement that he didn't believe in God was going to starve to death by himself.

Social custom back them made it mandatory for people to start out letters with headings like "In the year of Our Lord 16xx".

Offline MOD8

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 08:50:17 pm »
I stand corrected @sneakypete lets try and be more tolerable of each other afterall we are all adults here.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 08:57:06 pm »

Well, ok, we can start with Thomas Jefferson who many believe was a Freemason which isn't necessarily a religious affiliation but Christian values and principles do apply and a belief in God/Supreme being acknowledged though they advocate no sectarian faith or practice.

Offline DB

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:00 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Those people are NOT "conservatives". They are Party Pod People who are globalists.

The irony is extreme here... The "Party Pod" people are the ones who vote for their party no matter who the candidate is or what they stand for or their history. Duh... The lesser of two evils thing...

The people who actually have some principles that they expect their party to uphold are anything but "Party Pod" people. Again, Duh...

Offline the_doc

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:12 pm »

Several of the Founders were not Christians, but the overwhelming majority of the Framers were.  Only three Deists, as I recall, and one Jew.

The Christian Framers broke away from European-style State-Churchism when they concluded, among other things, that the New Testament disallows it. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »
@sneakypete

I happen to respect @Chosen Daughter as a member of this forum and I consider her a friend.  She has a difference of opinion (which she is entitled to) and I honestly believe she would be absolutely elated if the wall was built. 

@libertybele

If that is true and she says it is true,I will admit I was wrong and apologize to her.

She has made some valid points though, if as much of the wall was built as Trump has declared, the number of caravans and illegal crossings would  be down.

More of the Wall isn't built because the RINO's and the Dims that profit from illegal aliens have done everything in their power to keep it from being built. The thing that upsets me the most about this is that they then turn around and mock him for not having it built after doing everything they can do to prevent it from being built.

I stand with President Trump and I am appalled at what the left has thrown at him....no need to state further what I've already said.

Peace.

That is good to hear,and I wish peace to you,also. I will only add that it seems to ME that the alleged Republicans that didn't vote for Trump have thrown more crap at him than the Dims/formal left,and for the same reasons,personal self-interest.  The alleged Republicans profit too much from illegal labor under the table to lose it,and the left profit too much from the political clout the illegals give them,and from running and providing services to all the various welfare agencies whose business are booming from providing them with help.

The ONLY people who are not profiting from the illegal alien flood are the working class American citizens whose standard of living has dropped from lost opportunities and high taxes.

Oceander

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 09:00:28 pm »
Well, ok, we can start with Thomas Jefferson who many believe was a Freemason which isn't necessarily a religious affiliation but Christian values and principles do apply and a belief in God/Supreme being acknowledged though they advocate no sectarian faith or practice.

No, they don’t apply.  The Founders may have used some of their beliefs as inspiration, but they intentionally drafted a constitution that was nonsectarian, that was based on operative principles even atheists could agree with.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2018, 09:00:50 pm »
The Founding Fathers ascribed to Christian beliefs and their writings and their actions reflect that.

Whether or not they were 10% or 50% or 80% or 100% Christian is for God to determine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2018, 09:03:26 pm »
The irony is extreme here... The "Party Pod" people are the ones who vote for their party no matter who the candidate is or what they stand for or their history. Duh... The lesser of two evils thing...

The people who actually have some principles that they expect their party to uphold are anything but "Party Pod" people. Again, Duh...

@DB

You are the one that doesn't understand. The Party Pod People still love their beloved RINO's,but absolutely HATE Trump with the burning hatred of a million suns BECAUSE HE BEAT ONE OR ALL OF THEIR IDOLS FOR THE NOMINATION. To them,it's like coming home and having a strange family living in their house and eating their food.

They will NEVER forgive Trump for beating JEB,Cruz,and the other usual suspects. They would rather lose than see a outsider win and humiliate their  leaders.

Maybe a plainer way to put it would be to say that to THEM,it would be like removing Jesus from the Christian religion,and having Satan replace him.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:05:07 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »

If anyone wants to enforce that line in the sand, they're welcome to. It may not work well with reality, but that's their personal preference.
The Republic is lost.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2018, 09:10:19 pm »
Pete, you really need some new material.  Your endlessly repetitive accusations reached the sell by date ages ago.  They are stale.

Yeah? Well, put mine up on the store shelf right alongside them.

Stale? I'll tell you what's STALE here.

The endless oohing and ahhing over every potential transaction of money, no matter how much, that could unleash another Methane Storm from Oberfartgesturming Inspector Mueller.

The bleacher sections here who are continually reaching for their oxygen masks because they're hyperventilating in a human wave over what MIGHT get Trump Impeached.

2 Years now and they're all still dry humping a concrete dock post.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline the_doc

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2018, 09:11:01 pm »
No, they don’t apply.  The Founders may have used some of their beliefs as inspiration, but they intentionally drafted a constitution that was nonsectarian, that was based on operative principles even atheists could agree with.

Benjamin Franklin explicitly declared to the crowned heads of Europe that our new Constitutional Republic was founded on the Bible itself, but you are more or less correct.   

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2018, 09:24:23 pm »

here learn something. you need it
https://wallbuilders.com/library-2/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »

Your argument is based on your misunderstanding of the Bible.  I won't say Christianity because there are so many sects and even cults.  But the New Testament presents Jesus Christ as a free gift of salvation.  To those who accept that gift they except the blessing of God.  It isn't ugly, or forced.  Mean spirited.  It is love.  It is people simply sharing the good news that God loved the world. 

So when you talk about the Constitution they based it on the freedom that God has granted to all.  To choose or not choose the blessings that come from knowing a loving God. The Constitution surely was formed on Christian principles.  Laws are formed by government which is why morality matters. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2018, 09:26:44 pm »
    I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone here at TBR that want's to see President Trump impeached on bogus charges @To-Whose-Benefit? It is and will continue to be a direct attack on our Representative Republic for vicious political reasons and I think we all get that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2018, 09:39:00 pm »
Christopher Columbus

And yet, what the Founding Fathers had to say about God is so inspiring that I wish there were a way that American children could be made aware of this. It’s easy enough for homeschoolers to get this knowledge. David Barton has written books on the subject, and there’s an excellent book by William J. Federer, America’s God and Country, Encyclopedia of Quotations, filled with wonderful and inspiring words from the time of Columbus to the present day, proving that belief in God, acknowledging his blessings, and working to fulfill his promises are the most important themes in the entire American enterprise. Christopher Columbus wrote in his Book of Prophecies:

It was the Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me) the fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies....

There was no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because he comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures ... encouraging me continually to press forward, and without ceasing for a moment they now encourage me to make haste.

In a letter written in 1493 to Spain’s General Treasurer Gabriel Sanchez, Columbus wrote:

That which the unaided intellect of man could not compass, the spirit of God has granted to human exertions, for God is wont to hear the prayers of His servants who love His precepts even to the performance of apparent impossibilities. Therefore, let the king and queen, our princes and their most happy kingdoms, and all the other provinces of Christendom, render thanks to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Pilgrim Fathers

In June of 1630, ten years after the Pilgrims founded the Plymouth Colony, Gov. John Winthrop landed in Massachusetts Bay with 700 people in 11 ships, thus beginning the Great Migration, which lasted 16 years and saw more than 20,000 Puritans embark for New England. In a sermon aboard the ship Arbella before disembarking on the shores of New England, Winthrop said:

We are a Company, professing ourselves fellow members of Christ, and thus we ought to account ourselves knit together by this bond of love....

Thus stands the cause between God and us: we are entered into covenant with Him for this work. We have taken out a Commission, the Lord hath given us leave to draw our own articles....

We must hold a familiar commerce together in each other in all meekness, gentleness, patience, and liberality. We must delight in each other, make one another’s condition our own, rejoice together, mourn together, labor and suffer together, always having before our eyes our Commission and Community in this work, as members of the same body....

We shall find that the God of Israel is among us, when ten of us shall be able to resist a thousand of our enemies, when He shall make us a praise and glory, that men of succeeding plantations shall say, "The Lord make it like that of New England."

For we must Consider that we shall be as a City upon a Hill, the eyes of all people are upon us.

That’s the kind of religious fervor and covenantal love that permitted the Puritans to create a Christian civilization in the wilderness of the new world. And from that community came some of the most learned men of God that Christendom has ever known. Harvard College was founded in 1636 for the purpose of training up a learned clergy. And indeed it did. Increase Mather, who became President of Harvard, was one of the first to criticize the British monarch, Charles II, for demanding in 1684 the return of the charter which had given the colonists the right to govern themselves. He wrote:

To submit and resign their charter would be inconsistent with the main end of their fathers’ coming to New England.... [Although resistance would provoke] great sufferings, [it was] better to suffer than sin. Let them trust in the God of their fathers, which is better than to put confidences in princes. And if they suffer, because they dare not comply with the wills of men against the will of God, they suffer in a good cause.

Already one can see the seed of the War for Independence being planted in the soil of New England.

Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards, the great theologian whose preaching began the revival known as the Great Awakening, was the third President of Princeton University. Concerning the Great Awakening, he wrote:

And then it was, in the latter part of December, that the Spirit of God began extraordinarily to ... work amongst us.... In every place, God brought His saving blessings with Him, and His Word, attended with Spirit ... returned not void.

George Whitefield, the famous dynamic evangelist of the Great Awakening, preached up and down the Eastern seaboard of America. Benjamin Franklin wrote that he was able to hear Whitefield’s voice nearly a mile away. Whitefield wrote:

Those who live godly in Christ, may not so much be said to live, as Christ to live in them.... They are led by the Spirit as a child is led by the hand of its father....

They hear, know, and obey his voice.... Being born again in God they habitually live to, and daily walk with God.

Sarah Edwards, wife of Jonathan Edwards, wrote of Whitefield:

It is wonderful to see what a spell he casts over an audience by proclaiming the simplest truths of the Bible. ... Our mechanics shut up their shops, and the day laborers throw down their tools to go and hear him preach, and few return unaffected.

Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin wrote:

It was wonderful to see the change soon made in the manners of our inhabitants. From being thoughtless or indifferent about religion, it seemed as if all the world were growing religious, so that one could not walk thro’ the town in an evening without hearing psalms sung in different families of every street.

On matters of education, in 1750 Franklin wrote to Dr. Samuel Johnson, the first president of King’s College (now Columbia University):

I think with you, that nothing is of more importance for the public weal, than to form and train up youth in wisdom and virtue.... I think also, general virtue is more probably to be expected and obtained from the education of youth, than from the exhortation of adult persons; bad habits and vices of the mind being, like diseases of the body, more easily prevented than cured.

I think, moreover, that talents for the education of youth are the gift of God; and that he on whom they are bestowed, whenever a way is opened for the use of them, is as strongly called as if heard a voice from heaven.

Franklin wrote in his Autobiography this prayer that he prayed every day:

O powerful goodness! Bountiful Father! Merciful Guide! Increase in me that wisdom which discovers my truest interest. Strengthen my resolution to perform what that wisdom dictates. Accept my kind offices to thy other children as the only return in my power for thy continual favors to me.

Wouldn’t that be a wonderful nonsectarian prayer for school children to recite each day? It is said that Franklin was a Deist. He had been brought up and educated as a Presbyterian, but he rejected many of the doctrines of the Presbyterian faith. But he writes in his Autobiography:

I never doubted, for instance, the existence of the Deity; that he made the world, and governed it by his Providence; that the most acceptable service of God was the doing good to man; that our souls are immortal; and that all crime will be punished, and virtue rewarded, either here or hereafter.

In July 1776, Franklin was appointed to a committee to draft a seal for the newly formed United States. He proposed:

Moses lifting up his wand, and dividing the red sea, and pharaoh in his chariot overwhelmed with the waters. This motto: "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

In 1787 Franklin wrote in a letter:

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

At the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Franklin, disturbed by the bitter debates among the delegates, said in a speech to the convention:

I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth—that God Governs in the affairs of men....

We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that "except the Lord build the House, they labor in vain that build it."...

I therefore beg leave to move—that henceforth prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessing on our deliberations, be held in this Assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the clergy of this city be requested to officiate in that service............

https://chalcedon.edu/magazine/the-founding-fathers-on-religion-and-morality
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2018, 09:44:33 pm »

Good point.  Do look at France.  Its burning.