Author Topic: Fox News' Tucker Carlson Loses Sponsor After Saying Immigrants Make America 'Poorer and Dirtier' — W  (Read 578 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2 stories presenting what apparently happened:
Fox News' Tucker Carlson Loses Sponsor After Saying Immigrants Make America 'Poorer and Dirtier' — Watch
Rebecca Iannucci

Insurance company Pacific Life will stop airing advertisements on Tucker Carlson Tonight, after the Fox News host suggested that immigrants make America “poorer and dirtier.”

Carlson opened Thursday’s broadcast by discussing mass immigration, arguing that it is “insane” and “indefensible,” from an economic standpoint, to allow immigrants into America.

“Instead, our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this,” Carlson continued. “‘We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor,’ they tell us, even if it makes our own country poorer and dirtier and more divided…. Huddled masses yearning to breathe free? Nope. Cynical shakedown artists who’ve been watching too much CNN.”

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-apos-tucker-carlson-223202495.html

PacLife Pulls Ads From Tucker Carlson’s Fox News Show After Immigrant Remark
 [Bloomberg]
Katherine Chiglinsky and Lananh Nguyen
,Bloomberg•December 14, 2018

(Bloomberg) -- Pacific Life Insurance Co. is cutting ties with Tucker Carlson’s show on the Fox News Channel for now after his comments on immigration.

“We will not be advertising on Mr. Carlson’s show in the coming weeks as we re-evaluate our relationship with his program,” the insurer said Friday in a tweet. The company said it “strongly” disagrees with disparaging comments about immigrants Carlson made Thursday in a segment that appeared before a PacLife ad.

PacLife said its customer base and employees are diverse, a fact in which it takes “great pride.” Over the past year, companies have pulled advertising from shows including Laura Ingraham’s program over comments about issues such as school shootings.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paclife-pulls-ads-tucker-carlson-224728895.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Pacific Life? WTF is that? Never heard of them.

Offline Applewood

Where is the "well, bye" pic?

Offline skeeter

I might be wrong but I don’t think they’ll be able to shut carlson up this way. He seems to have the bit in his teeth .

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Pacific Life? WTF is that? Never heard of them.
Insurance company; they've been around a while.

I'm just surprised Carusone and his goons hadn't run them off already. Maybe it's time for conservative folk to set up something along the lines of the Pacifica/FSTV model on the left: ad-free, donation-supported media less prone to this kind of warfare.

Then again, maybe not—Pacifica has a reputation for being deadbeats and not paying their bills.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I won't diss Pacific Life, my problem really is with the watchdogs who are looking for people to say the wrong thing.

Once I saw in El Paso with some friends and one of them said something like "look at my pants cuffs, it looks like I've been walking around Juarez all days" meaning, the pants looked near the cuff area, like you'd been walking somewhere you would pick up a lot of grime.

It certainly doesn't mean all of Mexico or parts of the 3rd world but you certainly have some of that.  Liberals are eager to say one is broadbrushing or being discriminatory.

That movie, "El Norte" shows, once, they got to the border area so perhaps, not meaning the whole of Mexico, then, one started seeing a lot of poverty, real flimsy lean-to type shacks and things like this.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:31:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

The Corporate World has always been a card carrying member of the Establishment,
having nothing to do w/timeless attitudes, principles and sentiments.
It has forever been driven by material values and its twin goals of money and power.
Sadly far to many remain oblivious and purposely unaware.