Author Topic: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters  (Read 11456 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2018, 02:08:41 pm »
The GOP sacrificed it's remaining conservatives at the alter of Trump.

There is no place for conservatives in the GOP these days. The only sales pitch the GOP has left is we're not as bad as the Democrats and that's even wearing thin.

@DB

Only if you think RINO Party People are Conservatives. Many,many people who vote "R" do,and that is why the Dims took over the country. All a leftist has to do to convince many of you to vote for  him or her is to thump a bible in front of a tv occasionally,and they OWN you.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2018, 02:10:28 pm »
Well, @sneakypete it certainly has worked well for Bill Kristol.

@Right_in_Virginia

Only a temporary setback for Comrade Bill. He will land another gig helping the Dims sell "Communist Conservatism",and be just fine.

Online DB

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2018, 08:02:07 pm »
Nonsense @DB If you don't believe me, just ask Senator Cruz.

Why don't you ask Cruz. He's one of the few survivors and is now damaged goods.

Online DB

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »
@DB

Only if you think RINO Party People are Conservatives. Many,many people who vote "R" do,and that is why the Dims took over the country. All a leftist has to do to convince many of you to vote for  him or her is to thump a bible in front of a tv occasionally,and they OWN you.

Why? Because Trump is toxic. He embraced the RINOs you refer to. Ryan, McConnell and hired the head swamp leader Priebus as his chief of staff. Enjoy the suck, you voted for it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2018, 09:43:15 pm »
Why don't you ask Cruz. He's one of the few survivors and is now damaged goods.

Why is Cruz "damaged good" @DB

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2018, 09:44:06 pm »
Why? Because Trump is toxic. He embraced the RINOs you refer to. Ryan, McConnell and hired the head swamp leader Priebus as his chief of staff. Enjoy the suck, you voted for it.

Such hate.   **nononono*

Offline corbe

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2018, 09:49:44 pm »
   I know you're not asking me and I can't speak for @DB but to me it seems that Cruz has begun to abandon his hard core Conservative principles somewhat, for political expediency which is his prerogative and he probably deems it necessary for his survival in the current DC climate. 
   I know I no longer want to sniff his undies.... 

@Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2018, 09:59:34 pm »
   I know you're not asking me and I can't speak for @DB but to me it seems that Cruz has begun to abandon his hard core Conservative principles somewhat, for political expediency which is his prerogative and he probably deems it necessary for his survival in the current DC climate. 
   I know I no longer want to sniff his undies.... 

@Right_in_Virginia

What "hard core conservative principle" did Cruz jettison @corbe .  All he did was grab onto the President's outstretched hand so he could politically live another day.  You could show a little gratitude.   :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2018, 10:07:16 pm »
   Leaving his Texas campaign to fly back to DC to vote on another bloated Trump/GOP budget (his first aye on such foolishness)  where his vote was not even needed for it to pass was a bridge to far for me.  As I stated earlier it was his prerogative as it was mine to not vote for him or anyone for that matter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 10:09:48 pm »
"Sycophants" from someone that wants us all the wear red and march in a straight Party Line in support of the all the RINO bastards that have been selling us down the river?

Uh, no.  Where would you ever get the idea that I wanted that?  There has never been a single post in my entire posting history on this board, TOS, or the old MSN chat boards that would in any way be construed that way.  In fact, the position you accuse me of is the exact opposite of what I believe.  Your bigotry is showing again.

ROFLMAO! You actually think you are a conservative,don't you? That's funny,I don't care who you are!

Which loser was it that you were supporting?

I supported the Conservative candidate.  I supported him because he was not willing to yield on his Conservative positions.  I did so regardless of whether or not he could win.  I did so solely based upon principle, which is why you have such a difficult time understanding.

Hell yes, I am a Conservative.  You won't find me trying to save Mitch McConnell's political career from a challenger who really was a Conservative.  You won't find me voicing my support for touchback amnesty on the campaign trail and having my son repeat that exact same support.  You won't hear me bragging about what wonderful things Planned Parenthood does.  And you won't ever in a million years see me shift to the left of Bernie Sanders when it comes to property rights, or champion the same style trade tariffs that failed so miserably for Obama.  And why?  Because being a Conservative means that I do not compromise to liberalism.  It means that I do not sell out to the Swamp.  It means that I don't give money to RINO McConnell to save him from a TEA Party primary challenger.  It means that I don't let the RNC pick my convention delegates for me.  And by God it means that I don't pick the GOP Chairman Priebus to be my chief-of-staff.

And if you do any of those things I will applaud you and apologize for being wrong about you.

The last time we had this conversation, I pointed out several things that I gave Trump praise for.  And did you apologize?  Certainly not.  Instead, you switch the topic to religion and bashed me on that for a post or two.

The truth of the matter is that you are wrong about me.  Anyone reading my posts would see that you are wrong about me.  Yet you aren't interested in the truth.  Or more likely, simply unable to comprehend it.

He just didn't kiss the right rings and beg for permission while making some promises to accommodate "business as usual" ,and your (the collective your) bowels have been in a uproar ever since.

Wrong again.  If you had read my post more carefully, you would see that I wasn't bashing Trump.  I was bashing these same sycophantic followers who have zero concept of history or reality - people such as yourself.  Let me explain it again.  These are the same people who booed the Conservative message on the floor of the Republican National Convention.  And they are now saying they want new Conservative fighters?  Bah!

Here's my response:  I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

If you really wanted Conservative fighters, then you wouldn't have been constantly bashing us as you have been doing for the last three years now.  What you really want is for those of us who have refused to surrender our Conservative ideals to simply pretend the past hasn't happened and to come to the front to fight your battles for you because you don't have a clue what you are doing.  You can't understand why deficits are back to early Obama levels.  You can't understand why we still have Obamacare.  You can't understand why the wall isn't being built.  And you can't understand why illegal immigration has actually increased under Trump.  Yet you are still to arrogant and close-minded to admit that maybe, just maybe, Conservatives - the very ones you kicked to the curb - were your only hope at implementing Conservative policies.

I distinctly remember Trump supporters telling me that I wasn't wanted and that my vote wasn't needed.  Yet now I am being recruited as some new Conservative fighter?  And when I balk, I get treated with the same dismissive condescension that I got back in 2016.

When you decide to step back into reality, then we can talk.  Until then, keep clinging to your "We won - you lost" mantra while falsely accusing us #NeverLiberal Conservatives of being #NeverTrump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 10:11:08 pm »
As I stated earlier it was his prerogative as it was mine to not vote for him or anyone for that matter.

Your prerogative or was it a felony conviction?

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 10:12:58 pm »
   Leaving his Texas campaign to fly back to DC to vote on another bloated Trump/GOP budget (his first aye on such foolishness)  where his vote was not even needed for it to pass was a bridge to far for me.  As I stated earlier it was his prerogative as it was mine to not vote for him or anyone for that matter.

Okay.   :shrug:

Offline corbe

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 10:20:54 pm »
Your prerogative or was it a felony conviction?

I was pardoned by Gov. Dolf Briscoe back in the 70's for burning down that 7-11 cause they wouldn't sell me beer.
   I am eligible to vote in Texas.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 10:26:59 pm »
   I was pardoned by Gov. Dolf Briscoe back in the 70's

That was back in the days where a bank was only allowed one branch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 11:36:08 pm »
Right in Virginia wonders:
"Why is Cruz "damaged goods""

Coming within 3 points of being beaten by an out-and-out leftist/communist in his home state, that's why. IN TEXAS (down by the Rio Grande).

I predict that Mr. Cruz won't run for re-election in 2024.
If he does, he's gonna lose.

That's my prediction, and I'm stickin' to it !!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2018, 11:40:04 pm »
Why is Cruz "damaged good" @DB

Ted Cruz is the quintessential slime ball politician. He's also owned by the globalists.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2018, 11:41:26 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2018, 12:23:24 am »
Uh, no.  Where would you ever get the idea that I wanted that?  There has never been a single post in my entire posting history on this board, TOS, or the old MSN chat boards that would in any way be construed that way.  In fact, the position you accuse me of is the exact opposite of what I believe.  Your bigotry is showing again.

I supported the Conservative candidate.  I supported him because he was not willing to yield on his Conservative positions.  I did so regardless of whether or not he could win.  I did so solely based upon principle, which is why you have such a difficult time understanding.

@Hoodat

"THE conservative candidate"????

What's the matter? Can't remember his name?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2018, 01:04:26 am »
@Hoodat

"THE conservative candidate"????

What's the matter? Can't remember his name?

At least you are able to openly admit that the Conservative candidate wasn't Donald Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2018, 01:57:48 am »

Hell yes, I am a Conservative.  You won't find me trying to save Mitch McConnell's political career from a challenger who really was a Conservative.  You won't find me voicing my support for touchback amnesty on the campaign trail and having my son repeat that exact same support.  You won't hear me bragging about what wonderful things Planned Parenthood does.  And you won't ever in a million years see me shift to the left of Bernie Sanders when it comes to property rights, or champion the same style trade tariffs that failed so miserably for Obama.  And why?  Because being a Conservative means that I do not compromise to liberalism.  It means that I do not sell out to the Swamp.  It means that I don't give money to RINO McConnell to save him from a TEA Party primary challenger.  It means that I don't let the RNC pick my convention delegates for me.  And by God it means that I don't pick the GOP Chairman Priebus to be my chief-of-staff.

The last time we had this conversation, I pointed out several things that I gave Trump praise for.  And did you apologize?  Certainly not.  Instead, you switch the topic to religion and bashed me on that for a post or two.

The truth of the matter is that you are wrong about me.  Anyone reading my posts would see that you are wrong about me.  Yet you aren't interested in the truth.  Or more likely, simply unable to comprehend it.

Wrong again.  If you had read my post more carefully, you would see that I wasn't bashing Trump.  I was bashing these same sycophantic followers who have zero concept of history or reality - people such as yourself.  Let me explain it again.  These are the same people who booed the Conservative message on the floor of the Republican National Convention.  And they are now saying they want new Conservative fighters?  Bah!

Here's my response:  I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

If you really wanted Conservative fighters, then you wouldn't have been constantly bashing us as you have been doing for the last three years now.  What you really want is for those of us who have refused to surrender our Conservative ideals to simply pretend the past hasn't happened and to come to the front to fight your battles for you because you don't have a clue what you are doing.  You can't understand why deficits are back to early Obama levels.  You can't understand why we still have Obamacare.  You can't understand why the wall isn't being built.  And you can't understand why illegal immigration has actually increased under Trump.  Yet you are still to arrogant and close-minded to admit that maybe, just maybe, Conservatives - the very ones you kicked to the curb - were your only hope at implementing Conservative policies.

I distinctly remember Trump supporters telling me that I wasn't wanted and that my vote wasn't needed.  Yet now I am being recruited as some new Conservative fighter?  And when I balk, I get treated with the same dismissive condescension that I got back in 2016.

When you decide to step back into reality, then we can talk.  Until then, keep clinging to your "We won - you lost" mantra while falsely accusing us #NeverLiberal Conservatives of being #NeverTrump.

Well said and thank you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2018, 03:31:04 am »
At least you are able to openly admit that the Conservative candidate wasn't Donald Trump.

@Hoodat

You really are delusional,aren't you? YOU were the one that refused to mention who you considered to be the Conservative candidate,not me. Trump was and is more conservative than all the rest of them put together.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2018, 03:33:59 am »
@Hoodat

You really are delusional,aren't you? YOU were the one that refused to mention who you considered to be the Conservative candidate,not me. Trump was and is more conservative than all the rest of them put together.

Is that why you did not support him initially?

Offline corbe

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:47 am »
@Hoodat

You're wrong @sneakypete There was a Canadian running that was more Conservative than that NY lib Trump.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:47 am »
@Hoodat

If that were the case, then when I said I supported the Conservative candidate, you would have assumed I supported Trump.  Yet you didn't.  Go figure.  So yes, you know damn well that Cruz was the Conservative candidate and Trump was not.  Which is the very reason this thread exists.  So yes, 'delusional' would be the person who believes trillion dollar deficits, protectionism, TrumpCare, Kelo, higher taxes for hedge fund managers, etc. are all Conservative positions.

Meanwhile, I continue to praise Trump every time he does something Conservative while you continue to falsely label me as someone who never supports Trump.  And when Trump does something that is liberal, I will call him out on it, while you go on pretending that liberal is the new Conservative.  You know, that pesky 'truth' thing you are struggling with?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2018, 03:42:33 am »
Is that why you did not support him initially?

@RoosGirl

It's funny that you think that is a "gotcha". I didn't support ANY of them initially,and wasn't going to vote for ANY of them until the night before the election. That was when it occurred to me that Trump's massive ego  meant that he would be BY FAR the best candidate and president because he couldn't be bribed or threatened to take a dive like the typical RINO.

There is NOTHING in the entire world as valuable to Trump as his ego,and it demands he go down in the history books as one of America's greatest presidents.

I still don't like him and have no desire to be friends with him. So what? I was never friends with any other president,either.  I vote for politicians because I want them to protect and advance America,not because of the "Big Red R" on their chests or their family connections.

Maybe YOU think presidents should be people in your book club,people you play cards with on Sat night,or people you roll in the floor with on Sunday while "Praising de LAWD!"?

As for the rest of it,if he does as well the second half of his term as he did the first half,I will be voting for him again in 2020.