Author Topic: Executive Order on Establishing the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council  (Read 564 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What this means according to one source:

Adrian Norman
‏ @madriannorman

President Trump just announced an urban revitalization council, that will produce $100 billion in capital for urban areas from Arizona to Baltimore.

Cities ruined by democrat failures will now get the help they need.

And there’s all but a media blackout.

https://twitter.com/madriannorman/status/1073258881332084736

Executive Order on Establishing the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council | The White House

ESTABLISHING THE WHITE HOUSE OPPORTUNITY AND REVITALIZATION COUNCIL
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Purpose.  Fifty-two million Americans live in economically distressed communities.  Despite the growing national economy, these communities are plagued by high poverty levels, failing schools, and a scarcity of jobs.  In December 2017, I signed into law a bill originally introduced as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Act), which established a historic new Federal tax incentive that promotes long-term equity investments in low-income communities designated as “qualified opportunity zones” by the Governors of States or territories.  In order to further facilitate such investment, my Administration will implement reforms that streamline existing regulations, protect taxpayers by optimizing use of Federal resources, stimulate economic opportunity and mobility, encourage entrepreneurship, expand quality educational opportunities, develop and rehabilitate quality housing stock, promote workforce development, and promote safety and prevent crime in urban and economically distressed communities.

More: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-establishing-white-house-opportunity-revitalization-council/

The tweet is correct, as of now, there is very little on this measure.

Oh, Ben Carson will lead this apparently:

HUD Secretary to Lead Opportunity and Revitalization Council

in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News 2 days ago   

U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson was named the chairperson of the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council that was established through an Executive Order signed by President Donald Trump on Wednesday.

The council, which will consist of 13 federal member agencies will engage with governments at all levels on ways to more effectively use taxpayer dollars to revitalize low-income communities.

"With the creation of today’s council, the resources of the whole federal government will be leveraged to rebuild low-income and impoverished neighborhoods that have been ignored by Washington in years past," President Trump said while signing the Executive Order to create this council. "Our goal is to ensure that America’s great new prosperity is broadly shared by all of our citizens."

https://dsnews.com/daily-dose/12-12-2018/hud-secretary-lead-opportunity-revitalization-council
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:02:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
President Trump just announced an urban revitalization council, that will produce $100 billion in capital for urban areas from Arizona to Baltimore.

I don't see where the $100 billion figure came from. I could only see that a Council is being created with reporting requirements to the President.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't see where the $100 billion figure came from. I could only see that a Council is being created with reporting requirements to the President.

https://twitter.com/madriannorman/status/1073258881332084736

From this alone, it shows one of the men saying it would put, not $100 billion in but $800 billion of retirement monies back into the hands of small business owners or something like that. A bill that has to be voted on may be involved too. So, perhaps, there's quite a bit more to this. I'll look later.