Author Topic: Court tosses permit for pipeline to cross Appalachian Trail  (Read 981 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Court tosses permit for pipeline to cross Appalachian Trail
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:08:34 pm »
Court tosses permit for pipeline to cross Appalachian Trail
https://energynow.com/2018/12/court-tosses-permit-for-pipeline-to-cross-appalachian-trail/?source=deusa&wtv=geology@nemont.net

RICHMOND, Va. — A permit for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline to cross two national forests, including parts of the Appalachian Trail, was thrown out Thursday by a federal appeals court that harshly criticized regulators for approving the proposal.

A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond blasted the U.S. Forest Service for granting a special-use permit to build the natural gas pipeline through parts of the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests, and granting a right of way across the Appalachian Trail.
More at:
https://energynow.com/2018/12/court-tosses-permit-for-pipeline-to-cross-appalachian-trail/?source=deusa&wtv=geology@nemont.net

Another Obama Legacy.  If they can't keep it from getting out of the ground, keep it from getting to market.
(the majority of the judges on the 4th Circuit are Obama or Clinton appointees).source
Considering the Appalachian Trail runs from Maine to Georgia...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

Re: Court tosses permit for pipeline to cross Appalachian Trail
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 04:28:42 pm »
Point being, since the Appalachian Trail runs from Maine to Georgia, any pipeline will have to cross it somewhere.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 04:30:47 pm »
Also, not the only pipeline that may be imperiled by these tactics....

https://energynow.com/2018/12/mountain-valley-pipeline-project-70-complete-by-year-end/

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 06:21:07 pm »
Point being, since the Appalachian Trail runs from Maine to Georgia, any pipeline will have to cross it somewhere.
am 100% certain there are a number of pipelines that already do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:47:13 am »
Here's one more that MUST get pushed to the U.S. Supreme Court for resolution -- and do it quickly!