Author Topic: Michael Cohen's farewell interview was an embarrassment  (Read 501 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Michael Cohen's farewell interview was an embarrassment
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:00:18 pm »
Michael Cohen's farewell interview was an embarrassment
Washington Examiner, Dec 14, 2018, Eddie Scarry

[snip]

In his interview with Stephanopoulos, he said, "My family is disappointed. They’ve taught me, my mother and father, right from wrong. And I didn’t display good judgment.”

He implied Trump was guilty of “dirty deeds,” but he articulated nothing concrete and reiterated his admiration for Trump and even the Trump company.

“The Trump Organization, it’s a microcosm of even just the New York real estate market,” he said. “What did we lie about? It’s New York real estate. Yes, it’s the greatest product ever created. Is that a lie?”

Anyone who remembers Cohen from the campaign does not conjure up the image of a magnetic personality.

When a reporter for the Daily Beast called him in 2015 with questions related to one of Trump’s past marriages, Cohen jovially replied, “I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. … So, I’m warning you, tread very bleep lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be bleep disgusting.”

On election night in 2016, after Trump was declared the winner, Cohen reportedly told friends, “Nobody's going to be able to bleep with us. I think I'm going to run for mayor.”

You can be a talented person with no charm and still find friends, though Cohen’s talents are debatable. What you can’t be is a convicted felon with no charm in search of sympathy.

Cohen is now the latter.

Maybe the interview offered him and his family some closure. For everyone who watched, it was another embarrassment.