Author Topic: The Flynn Entrapment A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.  (Read 370 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall.

Not a rich man after decades in uniform, Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to avoid bankruptcy and spare his son from becoming a legal target. Mr. Flynn’s filing doesn’t take issue with the description of his offense. But the “additional facts” the Flynn defense team flags for the court raise doubts about FBI conduct.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

Yeah, Rush had a say about this. Tragic. What a shameful abuse of power. Seems to me eerily akin to Soviet and Chinese politics where opponents disappeared into prisons.

Oceander

Yeah, Rush had a say about this. Tragic. What a shameful abuse of power. Seems to me eerily akin to Soviet and Chinese politics where opponents disappeared into prisons.

Did Flynn disappear into a prison camp, never to be heard from again?  No.

I agree that the tactics used were unsavory and I’m not sure why they weren’t challenged by Flynn; however, comparisons to gulag treatment should be saved for situations that really warrant it; otherwise, the comparison becomes meaningless. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Did Flynn disappear into a prison camp, never to be heard from again?  No.

I agree that the tactics used were unsavory and I’m not sure why they weren’t challenged by Flynn; however, comparisons to gulag treatment should be saved for situations that really warrant it; otherwise, the comparison becomes meaningless.

They were threatening to throw his kid in jail. That is the American Gulag. BTW this are the same criminal shitbag disgusting sub human lawyers who effed over Ted Stevens with lies and perjury just to get a slap on the wrist and move on to this target.