Author Topic: National Enquirer publisher agrees to cooperate with prosecutors  (Read 2298 times)

Online corbe

National Enquirer publisher agrees to cooperate with prosecutors
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:32:59 pm »
National Enquirer publisher agrees to cooperate with prosecutors

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 12/12/18 02:12 PM EST

American Media Inc., the parent company of the National Enquirer, has agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, the Department of Justice announced in a statement on Wednesday.

AMI admitted that it paid $150,000 to a woman "in concert with" President Trump's campaign "in order to ensure that the woman did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election."

Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model, was paid $150,000 in 2016 by publishers of the National Enquirer for exclusive rights to her story about her alleged affair with Trump. The Enquirer then never ran the story.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421041-national-enquirer-publisher-agrees-to-cooperate-with-prosecutors
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: National Enquirer publisher agrees to cooperate with prosecutors
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:35:06 pm »
Paul Ryan signed off on $17 million in payouts to hush up rapes congressman committed during election cycles.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »
Whataboutism is such a great defense in court – works all the time.

*****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:01:39 pm »
They got Trump now.  Jail time too! N'peach 45. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 08:06:34 pm »
 Makes you wonder what Weisselberg had to say to SDNY.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:23:30 pm »
@Jazzhead you said the National Enquirer did this as SOP and not as a favor to Trump during his election. They clearly are on the record saying otherwise.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 09:42:17 pm »
   At the same time this rag is printing BS stories about Cruz's mistresses they are paying off Trump's ho's at HIS request.
   Hypocrisy be thine
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 09:48:41 pm »
Whataboutism is such a great defense in court – works all the time.

*****rollingeyes*****

Trump is never going to court over this bush league shit exactly because Paul Ryan payed out $17 million dollars in taxpayers money to shield rapists, fagots and murders in the House.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 09:52:26 pm »
   Unlike the Trumpers, I understood your valid point @edpc

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 09:54:52 pm »
Trump is never going to court over this bush league shit exactly because Paul Ryan payed out $17 million dollars in taxpayers money to shield rapists, fagots and murders in the House.

You are right. It will be the other more serious crap Cohen ratted on him about that will take him to court. It cost Cohen three years in prison and that's with a plea deal for the other information he provided.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 09:55:29 pm »
   Unlike the Trumpers, I understood your valid point @edpc

You would think nonsense is valid.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 09:58:32 pm »
You are right. It will be the other more serious crap Cohen ratted on him about that will take him to court. It cost Cohen three years in prison and that's with a plea deal for the other information he provided.

Really? Every time a plea deal comes down the pike all the bed wetters run around telling us all how this is it for Donny. We are almost at a full 2 years of this shit. Last I checked nothing has happened to the President.

Wake me up when he is actually sitting in front of a jury. Otherwise this is all pablum for babies.

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »
Really? Every time a plea deal comes down the pike all the bed wetters run around telling us all how this is it for Donny. We are almost at a full 2 years of this shit. Last I checked nothing has happened to the President.

Wake me up when he is actually sitting in front of a jury. Otherwise this is all pablum for babies.

Getting access to Cohen and Trump's financial records is a far different issue. The campaign contributions issue was just legal leverage to get access. This is the one solid legal threat to Trump. And he screwed up majorly giving his enemies a pretense to get legal access to these documents.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 10:10:58 pm »
    Wait till pelousy subpoenas his Tax records in February and promptly leaks them.   Order more popcorn.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 10:19:02 pm »
Getting access to Cohen and Trump's financial records is a far different issue. The campaign contributions issue was just legal leverage to get access. This is the one solid legal threat to Trump. And he screwed up majorly giving his enemies a pretense to get legal access to these documents.

Yeah, like the Rats aren't using illegal means to access that shit now. It doesn't matter what Donny did or didn't do. They are living on pure hate just like every other half assed Never Trump dead ender grasping at anything to get at their irrational boogy man. It's a farce.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »
@Jazzhead you said the National Enquirer did this as SOP and not as a favor to Trump during his election. They clearly are on the record saying otherwise.

They apparently do buy and bury stories as SOP, according the article I found and linked to on the other thread.   The difference, I guess, is that they typically do this for their own benefit - by buying and burying celebrity gossip stories they gain access to the celebrity for purposes of "insider" pieces that appeal to their readership.   And they (at least according to the article)  did so with respect to Trump stories over the years.   Here, however,  Trump himself wanted a story buried for his own purposes, and contracted with the Enquirer to do the buying and burying.    Instead of buying off the blackmailer directly,  Trump reimbursed the National Enquirer to do so. 

Is that an illegal campaign contribution?    I don't know -  the motivation may have been to save his campaign, or his marriage, or both.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 10:26:27 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
Is that an illegal campaign contribution?    I don't know -  the motivation may have been to save his campaign, or his marriage, or both.

This all happened right before his third debate with hellary, didn't it?

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 11:10:31 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

You're going to catch hell now!

You pinged the wrong jazz...

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:07 pm »
 :cool:    There's so many different fusions of Jazz I can't keep up 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 12:36:37 am »
They got Trump now.  Jail time too! N'peach 45.

Yup!  They finally got that bastid pegged, roll out the Guillotines.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:19 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

@corbe

I'm pretty sure you meant to ping @Jazzhead to your post. As you can see by my tagline, I'm still trying to differentiate myself from him/her. Apparently, I'm not doing a very good job!  :shrug:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 01:33:18 am »
@corbe

I'm pretty sure you meant to ping @Jazzhead to your post. As you can see by my tagline, I'm still trying to differentiate myself from him/her. Apparently, I'm not doing a very good job!  :shrug:

Being the instigator that I am, I did that on purpose @AllThatJazzZ  @DB already called me out. 
   Thanks for playing and a very Merry Christmas to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 02:15:44 am »
National Enquirer strikes a deal to ADMIT colluding with Trump campaign in the 2016 election!!

Dec. 12, 2018 6:04 pm by SooperMexican

The National Enquirer admitted that they colluded with the Trump campaign in order make sure the voter wasn’t distracted by unimportant things like his many extramarital affairs.

How thoughtful of them!!

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/national-enquirer-strikes-a-deal-to-admit-colluding-with-trump-campaign-in-the-2016-election/

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 06:40:25 pm »
The Enquirer? DRAMA!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 08:37:21 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.