Author Topic: Religious Leaders to the United States: 'Respect the Rights of Migrants'  (Read 922 times)

rangerrebew

Religious Leaders to the United States: 'Respect the Rights of Migrants'

Beth Baumann

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 7:35 PM

Over 200 religious leaders from varying religions gathered at the United States-Mexico border on Monday to celebrate Human Rights Day. Their goal was to send a message to the Trump administration: that the United States has not followed international law that allows illegal aliens to apply for asylum.

The gathering was put together by the Quaker organization American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) who held a press conference at Border Field State Park in San Diego. Following the press conference, gatherers marched towards the border to "stand in solidarity" with caravan riders who walked thousands of miles to get to the United States-Mexico border.

“As a Quaker who believes in our shared humanity … We’re calling on the U.S. to respect the rights of migrants,” Joyce Ajlouny, general secretary of AFSC, told NBC News.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/12/10/religious-leaders-to-the-united-states-respect-the-rights-of-migrants-n2537289

rangerrebew

Re: Religious Leaders to the United States: 'Respect the Rights of Migrants'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »
If, perhaps, they worried less about that which is Caesar's and more about that which is God's, things would be smoother in this world. :0001:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 03:53:54 pm »
I do not consider possession of my stuff a migrant's 'right'.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »
Another reason I left the Catholic church a few years back when the priests started spouting  this crap. The pedo stuff is what clinched it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:56 pm »
This is our country. These immigrants are not owed anything. Screw the internationalists.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »
Ya know, . . .

If the church wants to Still see itself as The Vicar of Christ, that's one thing.

But they're confusing That office with being the King of Kings.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
I do. With respect to America,their only right is the right to stay out of America without permission.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:48 pm »
Legal or illegal migrants rights are severely circumscribed. They have the right not to be shot on sight (I think), but not much else.
If you are not a citizen of the U.S., you have few rights. You certainly don't have the right to stay in the U.S. just because you wriggled in somehow.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 05:42:11 am »
Another reason I left the Catholic church a few years back when the priests started spouting  this crap. The pedo stuff is what clinched it.
@mirraflake
Over 200 religious leaders from varying religions gathered at the United States-Mexico border on Monday to celebrate Human Rights Day.

Maybe their time would have better spent directing their concerns to the countries these 'migrants' fled. And first thing the Catholic Church was not the only religion represented so I don't know why you gave them special attention. That being said the Priests started this crap up more than a few years ago, try more like a few decades ago when the church had a big increase in radical priests and nuns, though the church has always pushed for open borders because they knew most of the Hispanics coming across were Catholic and therefore their offerings would increase dramatically.

My parents retired to Fallbrook, CA. in the mid 80's(not far from the border and little did they know a regular path for illegals)and attended the local Catholic church, for a time. They got tired of the priest, a Hispanic, constantly pushing, chiding and guilting the predominantly white parishioners to donate to build and fund a day labor facility for the illegals.
The built the damn thing and the church, parishioners, pay for coffee and donuts for the illegals who sit on their asses and laugh at the people paying.

This same pr*ck priest was supposed to perform a funeral mass for my Dad (I had nothing to do with arrangements) and all the ass did was talk about himself and his time in Vietnam and his roses. How F!*#@ up is that. So yeah I have no love for the church as it has been for years and yeah I'm a lapsed, as in only funerals Catholic.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 05:49:46 am »
LOL. Quakers? Unitarian Universalists? Did the Rosicrucians and Shakers miss the bus?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 07:34:47 am »
If, perhaps, they worried less about that which is Caesar's and more about that which is God's, things would be smoother in this world. :0001:
In hand with which, it would be wonderful if both government and the people remembered that, when Jesus forged the distinction between Caesar and God, He didn't mean to say that Caesar had the right to make off with the whole pot.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »

Well, I left years ago.  I had thought that now that I'm older, maybe I should go back.  But the current pope is insufferable when it comes to the guilt trip he and the rest of the clergy are laying on his flock.  Yes, we who have more should take care of the less fortunate, but illegal immigration isn't really about that.  It's about people in foreign countries invading our sovereign nation with the intent of plundering it for all they can get so that this country can become another slum like the countries they came from. 

The US like every other country has laws pertaining to immigration.  Why is it the Catholic Church and so many other faiths believe the US should ignore those laws and let in anyone with his or her hand out? 

We have enough of our own citizens on government support -- some of whom are genuinely impoverished, yes, but also many who want free stuff without having to work or pay for it. Entitlements are a huge drain on the economy and the ones who are in better financial shape are already being extorted to pay for the ones who just want to sit on their backsides and do nothing.  We have enough of a burden with our own citizens.  Why do we have to import more freeloaders?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 02:28:38 pm »
LOL. Quakers? Unitarian Universalists? Did the Rosicrucians and Shakers miss the bus?

@Frank Cannon

There weren't enough of them to pool their money together to book a bus. Hell,most are still trying to find their way to the 20th Century.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!