Author Topic: Incoming New York attorney general plans wide-ranging investigations of Trump and family  (Read 5838 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incoming New York attorney general plans wide-ranging investigations of Trump and family
Just-elected Letitia James, who takes office next month, tells NBC she will probe real estate deals, Trump Tower meeting, emoluments, Trump Foundation and more.

Dec. 12, 2018 / 4:30 AM ET
By Allan Smith

New York Attorney Gen.-elect Letitia James says she plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month.

"We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James, a Democrat, told NBC News in her first extensive interview since she was elected last month.

James outlined some of the probes she intends to pursue with regard to the president, his businesses and his family members. They include:

Any potential illegalities involving Trump's real estate holdings in New York, highlighting a New York Times investigation published in October into the president's finances.
    The June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian official.
    Examine government subsidies Trump received, which were also the subject of Times investigative work.
    Whether he is in violation of the emoluments clause in the U.S. Constitution through his New York businesses.
    Continue to probe the Trump Foundation.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna946706
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Dems won more AG offices in 2018 positioning themselves in case of run-offs which we saw a lot of in this election....

Democrats gained control of four Republican-held attorney general offices in the November 6, 2018, elections.

Democratic candidates flipped open seats in Colorado, Michigan, and Nevada and unseated a Republican incumbent in Wisconsin, while Republicans picked up Alaska's previously-independent attorney general office by winning the gubernatorial election.[1] In all, 30 states held elections for attorney general out of the 43 states in which the office is elected.

Democrats left the 2018 elections with 25 attorney general offices to Republicans' 24. Heading into the election, the majority of state attorney general offices were held by Republicans, with 27 attorney general offices to Democrats' 21. Hawaii's attorney general was nonpartisan.

https://ballotpedia.org/Attorney_General_elections,_2018
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Who cares. She is an elected NY state official. She will be under indictment or in a corruption scandal in about 5 months or so.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Dems won more AG offices in 2018 positioning themselves in case of run-offs which we saw a lot of in this election....

Eh.....most states don't have "run offs" so who cares.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Who cares. She is an elected NY state official. She will be under indictment or in a corruption scandal in about 5 months or so.
Hasn't stopped Cuomo yet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

I wonder why more people don't find an AG coming into office promising to target an individual for investigation for crimes not yet determined really creepy.

Offline Frank Cannon

Hasn't stopped Cuomo yet.

LOL. Yeah. You got that right.

Oceander

I wonder why more people don't find an AG coming into office promising to target an individual for investigation for crimes not yet determined really creepy.

Not if there is some evidence out there that indicates a basis for further investigation.  In Trump’s case, that evidence exists. 

Offline skeeter

Not if there is some evidence out there that indicates a basis for further investigation.  In Trump’s case, that evidence exists.

Says you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It is creepy.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

It's a democrat/communist thing:show me the man and I'll find you the crime. And they just love to threaten to abuse their power.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

It's a democrat/communist thing:show me the man and I'll find you the crime. And they just love to threaten to abuse their power.

It’s stalinesque. Anyone who has no problem with it is a Stalinist.

Oceander

Says you.

Says the facts.  To start with, it’s already clear beyond doubt that his tax-exempt foundation failed to make the required filings in NY.  That is more than sufficient to ground an investigation.  It’s also pretty clear that there are questions to be answered with regard to campaign finance, which raises issues under NY state law.  If nothing else, the admissions by Cohen and the National Enquirer raise questions that would justify an investigation. 

This is no more untoward than all the demands made here and on other conservative websites that Trump investigate the Clintons, or Podesta, or Pelosi, or whomever.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is no more untoward than all the demands made here and on other conservative websites that Trump investigate the Clintons, or Podesta, or Pelosi, or whomever.

You cannot be serious here, counselor.  You just cannot.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You cannot be serious here, counselor.  You just cannot.
Do we have one law or not? Do we just role over, apparently so, if it's our guy that may have broken the law? Everyone should be treated equally, or are we down underneath really just like the democrats?

Offline skeeter

Says the facts.  To start with, it’s already clear beyond doubt that his tax-exempt foundation failed to make the required filings in NY.  That is more than sufficient to ground an investigation.  It’s also pretty clear that there are questions to be answered with regard to campaign finance, which raises issues under NY state law.  If nothing else, the admissions by Cohen and the National Enquirer raise questions that would justify an investigation. 

What’s untoward is the attitude of those here, some of whom are fond of calling others ‘brownshirts’, endorsing stalinist tactics of the left while they attempt to undo the results of a legitimate election.

Offline skeeter

Do we have one law or not? Do we just role over, apparently so, if it's our guy that may have broken the law? Everyone should be treated equally, or are we down underneath really just like the democrats?

If trump were being treated like every other public official accused of this Mickey Mouse shit most of we trump supporting rubes would be tickled pink. ESPECIALLY if he were treated as members of the other party routinely are.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:10:12 am by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

[Do we have one law or not? Do we just role over, apparently so, if it's our guy that may have broken the law?

Oh spare me the GD idiot talking points.  You've either been unconscious for two years or you agree with the legal malfeasance to remove a duly elected President.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If trump were being treated like every other public official accused of this Mickey Mouse shit most of we trump supporting rubes would be tickled pink. ESPECIALLY if he were treated as members of the other party routinely are.

I agree with that.  I would be OK with Trump being investigated if the Clintons, heck if just Hillary, were investigated too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I agree with that.  I would be OK with Trump being investigated if the Clintons, heck if just Hillary, were investigated too.

They were, in the initial Whitewater probe. Everyone knew they were dirty and guilty as hell, but they couldn’t get anyone to cooperate and testify against them. One McDougal refused to testify and another conveniently died. I suppose the current president would praise them for having ‘guts’ and not testifying. How ironic he now finds himself in trouble with a McDougal of his own.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:01:44 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I wonder why people who reveled in chants of ‘lock her up’ and comments like ‘because you would be in jail’ during the 2016 campaign and debates are shocked or upset by this. How is it any different?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Authentic Trump Derangement.... those pathologies we SEE the Donny exhibiting wth ever greater frequency are like the PLAGUE...

his FOLLOWERS were exposed to the virulent  toxicity and most SUCCUMBED to same.

Donny "could go out on Fifth venue and shoot somebody and not lose any CULT MEMBERS"

The Donny Poisons everything he touches!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:30:34 am by MeshugeMikey »

Offline GtHawk

Oh spare me the GD idiot talking points.  You've either been unconscious for two years or you agree with the legal malfeasance to remove a duly elected President.
Well I only hear idiot talking points from......................you. As usual if someone doesn't agree with everything you think they should than obviously they are ignorant or want to vote for Hillary. Try, just try and highlight where I said I agree with the legal malfeasance to remove a duly elected President.. I asked a very simple question as to whether or no we had one law for all..........DO WE? If so, and if Trump has broken the law he should like everyone else be held accountable. I firmly believe Hillary and her crime family have and should be prosecuted, but it's the gutless, castrated Republicans who didn't follow thru and that's on Trump too with him walking back one his major campaign promises.

Don't like my comments, chaps your...........hide? Put me on ignore and go on with your blind adulation, no skin off my nose. Tell ya what, I won't ever comment to you again.

Offline GtHawk

I'm not talking about the Mickey Mouse shit, Trump screwed up and left the door open for these clowns to actually find something real to go after, that's what I am referring to. You can't be all about prosecuting the Clintons, Obama, pick your democrat, but insist that your guy be given a pass if he did something prosecutable. If you do than your no better than the democrats. I abhor the bullshit persecution of Trump and other Republicans, but it's the Republicans who have neutered themselves and allowed it to happen. They cower in the corner afraid of what the voters might think if they played hard ball and end up worse off with the voters because they show them they have no balls.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The solution is very simple. The more they investigate Trump, the more the DOJ investigates NY state officials. Let's see who ends up in chains.
The Republic is lost.